LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
#1 Old 04-13-2010, 06:52 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
DBrady08 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
(Thread Starter)
stock injectors

i am putting a supercharger in my 08 v6 2.7L tib, and i want to know what are the stock injectors for the 08. and if the injectors they see will fit the tib or will i have to get them off of the V6 sonanta. and if i have to would that be a stock sonata?

Thanks
DBrady

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2008 Black Tiburon GT V6 2.7L Custom exhaust with SS muffler, 1000 watt magnum subs and amp, Pioneer Double Din HeadUnit, 2 blue interior L.E.D lights, 5% Tint all around, MORE TO COME!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-13-2010, 07:27 AM
Banned

dmdicks is just really nicedmdicks is just really nicedmdicks is just really nicedmdicks is just really nice
Re: stock injectors

What are you asking? If the 08 Tiburon injectors will fit your 08 Tiburon? lol

Or if if 2008 Sonata injectors will fit your 08 Tiburon, which would be a no.

If you want to get the injectors off a Sonata you need the 2.4L version between 01-and 04 I think.

Last edited by dmdicks; 04-13-2010 at 07:28 AM.
#3 Old 04-13-2010, 07:29 AM
Retired Staff

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Will51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another level

More info needed, what SC are you putting on? Most kits that require a bigger injector size come with the kit from NGM. What do you mean by "the injectors they see"?

For quickest response regarding ZMR Mods please email me at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#4 Old 04-13-2010, 08:01 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by will51 View Post
More info needed, what SC are you putting on? Most kits that require a bigger injector size come with the kit from NGM. What do you mean by "the injectors they see"?
im putting on the sniper stage 1 S/C

2008 Black Tiburon GT V6 2.7L Custom exhaust with SS muffler, 1000 watt magnum subs and amp, Pioneer Double Din HeadUnit, 2 blue interior L.E.D lights, 5% Tint all around, MORE TO COME!!!
#5 Old 04-13-2010, 10:24 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Fullblowntib is a glorious beacon of lightFullblowntib is a glorious beacon of lightFullblowntib is a glorious beacon of lightFullblowntib is a glorious beacon of lightFullblowntib is a glorious beacon of lightFullblowntib is a glorious beacon of light

Then you dont need injectors....your stock ones will hang all day on the stg1 setup

[/SIGPIC]NGM Stg4 fully built race blk w/fully P&P & flowed heads,Stg2 cams,Fidanza adjstbl sprckts & adjstble cam gears,1mm over Stainless steel valves,NGM Assassin S/C w/icebox & ht exchngr,NGM alky kit,7.5 in lower pully & 2.9 upper,ported lower intake,90mm throttlebody,Map ecu2,460cc injctrs,Zex 190Lph fuel pmp,Zex 150 shot,APE traction bars,Fidanza alum flywl, w/stg4 CM 6puc clutch,Phantom grip LSD,Espilar susp kit,custom SRI,Prosport boostgauge & Innovate w/b
#6 Old 04-13-2010, 11:54 AM
iwb
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
iwb is a glorious beacon of lightiwb is a glorious beacon of lightiwb is a glorious beacon of lightiwb is a glorious beacon of lightiwb is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullblowntib View Post
Then you dont need injectors....your stock ones will hang all day on the stg1 setup
^^^ This

I was running my Stage 1 on the stock 190cc injectors untuned for over a year without any problem. I suggest you do get all the fuel management (Piggy Back, Wideband combo) in the future, but until you're smaller than a 3.4 pulley the stock injectors should keep up untuned.

If you do buy larger injectors, you are going to need a Piggyback tuner so that you could compensate for the increase in fuel. The 290cc injectors from the Santa Fe and the Sonata (only found in the 4 cyl version, so you would have to find another 2 if you bought that set) run at 33% higher capacity than the 190's, so your tuner would need to be set -33 across the board for them to run at the stock level.

Message me if you want a good price on some 290's and you have fuel tuning planned. I know where to get a set almost brand new, with the fuel rail for $120.

. I . W a n t . B o o s t .

Former Stage 2 Sniped Tib - Forever a GK enthusiast
#7 Old 04-13-2010, 12:01 PM
Dedication to Thai Cuisine

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
breeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud of

I really hope you are ESL... and yes, the stock injectors will work fine on stage 1.

Lightest DD tib? 2593 lbs and falling

Quote:
I wish I had 5 Guys inside of me right now...
Quote:
That is pretty much how I felt the first time I had Five Guys...
#8 Old 04-13-2010, 02:16 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeechan View Post
I really hope you are ESL... and yes, the stock injectors will work fine on stage 1.
so i dont have to get my car tuned until i get a 3.4 pulley? yea im goin to get the piggybank the wideband, the oil pressure and the boost gauges. so as long as i have a pulley smaller then a 3.4 i wont have to get it tuned? now if i wanted to get my car tuned will i be able to? and how come u have to get the injectiors off of the sonata? and the stock injectors for the 08 tib is 190CC?

#9 Old 04-13-2010, 05:54 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
MisterTib is just really niceMisterTib is just really niceMisterTib is just really nice

DON"T get a pulley smaller than 3.4, smaller pulley on the blower means MORE boost!

NGM/Alpine Stage 2,NGM Budget short block, NGM reflash, Injen CAI, Hot Shots, Mussa single, Fidanza, South Bend OFE,Ralco STS, Kart Boy shifter bushings, Weapon R Dampner,Sun Hyper Ground, Amsoil dual-remote bypass filter . 277 HP 243 TQ 7.5 psi, Mustang Dyno
"I don't mind if she whines, it means I'm getting blown!"
#10 Old 04-14-2010, 12:43 AM
iwb
NewTiburon.com God

iwb is a glorious beacon of lightiwb is a glorious beacon of lightiwb is a glorious beacon of lightiwb is a glorious beacon of lightiwb is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTib View Post
DON"T get a pulley smaller than 3.4, smaller pulley on the blower means MORE boost!
Heh, yeppo, the smaller the pulley the faster the blower spins producing more boost. 3.5" = 2-3 PSI VS. 2.8" = 7-9 PSI
Simple physics like gearing on a bike, a smaller pulley/gear means the shaft spins faster.

. I . W a n t . B o o s t .

Former Stage 2 Sniped Tib - Forever a GK enthusiast

Last edited by iwb; 04-14-2010 at 12:44 AM.
#11 Old 04-14-2010, 12:53 AM
Dedication to Thai Cuisine

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
breeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBrady08 View Post
so i dont have to get my car tuned until i get a 3.4 pulley? yea im goin to get the piggybank the wideband, the oil pressure and the boost gauges. so as long as i have a pulley smaller then a 3.4 i wont have to get it tuned? now if i wanted to get my car tuned will i be able to? and how come u have to get the injectiors off of the sonata? and the stock injectors for the 08 tib is 190CC?
you can get a 3.2 (some say 3.1) inch pulley without tuning. You need a piggyback tuner to tune, or a reflashed ECU. The stock injectors are 190cc, most people get 290cc once they up the boost on the supercharger, those will deliver enough fuel to take you to the limits of the stock block.

Lightest DD tib? 2593 lbs and falling

Quote:
I wish I had 5 Guys inside of me right now...
Quote:
That is pretty much how I felt the first time I had Five Guys...
#12 Old 04-14-2010, 03:17 AM
NewTiburon.com Post Master

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
dlanes is a name known to alldlanes is a name known to alldlanes is a name known to alldlanes is a name known to alldlanes is a name known to alldlanes is a name known to all

I thought the stage 1 pulley was 3.4? Only my assassin came with 3.5. Anyways with the alpine stage 1 setup no tuning was need the afr was very acceptable. Pulley drop the afr was a little leaner than I like with a slightly smaller pulley so I went back to the 3.4 then 290s and 2.75 / 6.5 crank and now moving up to a bigger s/c.

03 Tiburon GT 6 speed Assassin supercharged, NGM race shortblock, Stage 2 heads, NGM stage 1 cams, NGM 90mm throttle body, Hydra 2.6 EMS, 460cc inejectors, Bosch 190lph fuel pump, SSA headers/cat-back, 3.5" SRI, NGM twin disc clutch, Phantom grip LSD conversion, KJB delrin cable bushings, Mishimoto radiator, Ark 22mm rear sway bar, Vogtland springs, Koni adjustable shocks, MOOG endlinks & tie-rods, XG350 brake conversion.
#13 Old 05-12-2010, 11:01 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

kdsalas
Garage

lol I will tell you my firsts and last set up's on my Tib 2007 2.7l V6........first set up was a NGM Stage 1 with a 3.5" with the stock injectors running OK but with 2lb of boost, next I change to a 3.1" with the stock injectors running 5.5lb of boost but my engine going to blow with a result of 18 on the fuel graphics on the Dyno on 5500 rpm, next I install a 290cc Santa Fe injectors (w/o Piggyback, stock ecu) and on the first months I need to push the gas when the car was in normal temperature when I star the car only, next the car run perfect but in the last month I do not need to push the gas anymore in normal temperature when I star the car what happen I do not know but is perfect , I drive my car daily and work perfect with the 3.1" and the 290cc Injectors making 5.5lb of boost without a piggy back & stock ecu, now I will look for a 2.8" to see how my car run on 7lb of boost with the 290cc injectors if I get a good result on the fuel graphics I stop there for the mean time......................

Good luck....

KS

K&N CAI, Headers, Tsudo Catback, ARK Pullys,TWM Short Shifter, Weapon-R Damper, Ground Wire Kit, Voltage Stabilizer, Konig Zero Wheels, Stop Tech Brake line Kit, Rotors Drill/Slotted & Painted Calipers, Eibach Springs, Sniper Kit Stage 1 w/ 3.1" 290cc Injectors w/ Stock ECU . !

Last edited by kdsalas; 05-13-2010 at 10:27 AM.
#14 Old 05-13-2010, 12:46 AM
NewTiburon.com Professional

bxny1984

Yo if you go on NGM you can tell what pulley gives you more power. This dude needs to search more
#15 Old 05-13-2010, 08:12 AM
Banned

dmdicks is just really nicedmdicks is just really nicedmdicks is just really nicedmdicks is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdsalas View Post
lol I will tell you my firsts and last set up's on my Tib 2007 2.7l V6........first set up was a NGM Stage 1 with a 3.5" with the stock injectors running OK but with 2lb of boost, next I change to a 3.1" with the stock injectors running 5.5lb of boost but my engine going to blow with a result of 18 on the fuel graphics on the Dyno on 5500 rpm, next I install a 290cc Santa Fe injectors (w/o Piggyback, stock ecu) and on the first months I need to push the gas when the car was in normal temperature when I star the car only, next the car run perfect but in the last month I do not need to push the gas anymore in normal temperature when I star the car what happen I do not know but is perfect , I drive my car daily and work perfect with the 3.1" and the 290cc Injectors making 5.5lb of boost without a piggy back & stock ecu, now I will look for a 2.8" to see how my car run on 7lb of boost with the 290cc injectors if I get a good result on the fuel graphics......................

Good luck....

KS
Why do you think you can safely run your car on the stock ECU and 290cc injectors? Your engine is a ticking timebomb so I hope you have money for a new one when this one blows up. Your fuel trims have got to be so whacked out its not even funny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.