Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Aem fic 6

9K views 50 replies 5 participants last post by  Joe Reimund 
#1 ·
Hey guy, been trying to figure a good base map for my tibby, 2006 V6
What I'm running is turbo full intercooler 6 psi spring with controller, stock fuel pump, New 330 injectors from the 2011 genesis. NGK level 7 spark plugs two stages colder then stock with 30 gap..

You guy wanna maybe let me know what I need to change on those maps any help would be awesome....

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Do you have, and can you run a wideband O2? I would think that gives you more control of AFR's.

Keep in mind, I understand tuning to a point, but I do NOT consider myself an expert. So if dmdicks or others say something else than me, listen to them.
:wink2:

#6 ·
What does the manual say? If it states narrowband, fine, if you have a choice I would likely do wideband.

#11 ·
Yes, that's what I did I put the wideband on the aux line used the white wire with 0-5voltz.
1. The narrow bands are installed but they shouldn't get in the way of tuning or would they.? (I can remove)
2. Can you give me any pointers on starting to tune it? All I did so far with the AEM FIC is plugged it in and calibrated my RPM. I still have the stock once in the car but can install the bigger once whenever.

#12 ·
In my experience even having the FIC tapped into the stock O2 sensors can cause issues. Best to just leave them alone.

Did you set up your injector cc's and response time correctly?

Tips would be to focus on tuning the car without boost firstly so you can get all the non boost areas dialed in and not risk blowing your engine!

#13 ·
Yea the injector response time I have not Fixed yet, not sure how to perfectly figure that out yet. 330cc I installed..

The 2 o2 narrowband I removed the resistor today but I kept them tapped in but I can snip the wire if I should kept the opinions open.

So if I keep the boost around 6-10 psi do I need to do the timing map?

#14 ·
Search online for the injectors to find the response time, it's really NOT something you "guess at" or "perfectly figure out".
:nerd2:
:wink2:

#19 ·
I feel like an idiot now, I checked over the wires and the right back injector plug wasn't plugged in lol my bad no wonder it ran rough. So now with the bypass in it run rich below 10 afr after 30 seconds or so got to like 12.5-13ish. With the fic plugged not so good but I'm just going to bring it in and get a tuner to do it.

#25 ·
8psi will certainly fry a stock clutch with that many miles on it so your going to have to install the new clutch and break it in. I would you run as low as boost as possible till the new clutch is broken in and try to stay out of boost as much as possible. If you have a 3psi spring that would be good, then swap in stock injectors and a pay good attention to your AFR gauge so you don't run lean.

#28 ·
I believe the standard is +/- 25% LTFT when it trips a CEL. Ideal is within 10% either way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.