supercharging a V6 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums
 
User Tag List

 5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 38 Old 03-07-2017, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Uk
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
joebassman35 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
supercharging a V6

Hey there

I'm seriously thinking about boosting my UK tiburon V6 to 300bhp. I was thinking of maybe sticking a used Mini Cooper S or Mercedes C class Eaton Kompressor on it and having it adapted to fit as the tib one's are like gold dust and it will cost me an absolute fortune in postage and custom duties to import one from the states.
For that kind of power what upgrades do you reckon I would need to make to the engine internals and has anyone on here ever tried adapting a supercharger from other makes of cars?
Thanks for any help I receive
08TiburonSE likes this.
joebassman35 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 38 Old 03-07-2017, 10:51 AM
Still the same me...
 
Charlie-III's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA, North NJ 07456
Posts: 6,850
Mentioned: 223 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Charlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud of
Re: supercharging a V6

I would start by reading the stickies at the top of this forum section, it covers most of what you need to know.

IIRC, some of the SC's used on Tibs are a M62 (or is it MP62?). That can help decide.
Are you going to fab the intake, or have a shop do it? If a shop, buying a used setup may still be cheaper.

Wifes car: 2004 Tib GT, 2.7L, 5MT, 188K miles, medium blue, basically stock.
My car: 1998 Legacy GT wagon, 2.5L, 5MT, 176K miles, "Quicksilver", not stock and not slow...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"life is lived, one corner at a time".
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Best NT.com '13 New-Comer, NT.com '13 Technical Advise & Info (runner-up), NT.com '13 Non-Tib (3rd) .

Last edited by Charlie-III; 03-16-2017 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Fix typo
Charlie-III is offline  
post #3 of 38 Old 03-07-2017, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Uk
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
joebassman35 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Re: supercharging a V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
I would start by reading the stickies at the top of this forum section, it covers most of what you need to know.

IIRC, some of the SC's used on Tibs are a M62 (or is it MP62?). That can help decide.
Are you going to gab the intake, or have a shop do it? If a shop, buying a used setup may still be cheaper.
Yes I have looked at the stickies at the top. Though I couldn't see it mention anything about engine internals. I was thinking of upgrading to CP pistons but would I also need a better crankshaft and driveshaft? I was also thinking that I may need oversized big end shell bearings as these are known to be a weak point on the UK spec V6.

I am gonna be fitting an upper and lower intake spacer if that's what you mean by gapping. There's a guy in my country who hand builds them. I'm also getting polyurethane engine mounts fitted.

The problem over in the UK is that the Hyundai brand hasn't got a very good reputation. People tend to see them as being cheap budget cars that old people drive. Because of that there isn't a very big modding scene over here so uprated parts are difficult to source. Most of it either has to come from the USA or be custom made. It's also the reason why the Tiburon/Coupe is so cheap in the UK. I bought mine last year. It is a 2006 car and had 42k on the clock and it cost me around $1700.

The other problem is that because of the UK voting to leave the European Union the British Pound has massively crashed against the US dollar
joebassman35 is offline  
 
post #4 of 38 Old 03-07-2017, 12:36 PM
NewTiburon.com Post Master
 
dmdicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6,497
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
dmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to behold
Re: supercharging a V6

MP62's are what's on the V6 S/C Kits out there.

As far as Engine internals as long as you got some good way to adjust fuel and ignition you should be fine up to 6-8psi of boost pressure.

Now as far as adapting a Cooper or Merc supercharger onto the V6? I'm not going to say it can't be done but your gonna end up spending more time, money and many many headaches to get a reliable set up.

You may want to check with your emissions laws and see if they even allow what your trying to do first?

Huffin E85 and lovin every minute of it!!

Hit me up on gmail chat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dmdicks is offline  
post #5 of 38 Old 03-07-2017, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Uk
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
joebassman35 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Re: supercharging a V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdicks View Post
MP62's are what's on the V6 S/C Kits out there.

As far as Engine internals as long as you got some good way to adjust fuel and ignition you should be fine up to 6-8psi of boost pressure.

Now as far as adapting a Cooper or Merc supercharger onto the V6? I'm not going to say it can't be done but your gonna end up spending more time, money and many many headaches to get a reliable set up.

You may want to check with your emissions laws and see if they even allow what your trying to do first?
As far as emissions go the only things you are not allowed to do are remove the cat or have an excessively loud exhaust. Everything else is fine as long as you notify your insurance company.
The problem with getting the MP62 supercharger is that there isn't really any over here in the UK, I think there's only ever been one or two owners who have done it so it would mean me having to import one from the US.
I've asked people on the UK club about boosting power but they just say buy a faster car but I don't want another make of car.
08TiburonSE likes this.
joebassman35 is offline  
post #6 of 38 Old 03-07-2017, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Uk
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
joebassman35 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Re: supercharging a V6

Would it be worth getting an engine dampner like this one?
joebassman35 is offline  
post #7 of 38 Old 03-07-2017, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Uk
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
joebassman35 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
joebassman35 is offline  
post #8 of 38 Old 03-07-2017, 01:04 PM
NewTiburon.com Post Master
 
dmdicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6,497
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
dmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to behold
Re: supercharging a V6

For what? The damper will help control engine movement and the balancer will just replace the stocker. Neither will give you any horsepowers lol.
oni888 likes this.

Huffin E85 and lovin every minute of it!!

Hit me up on gmail chat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dmdicks is offline  
post #9 of 38 Old 03-07-2017, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Uk
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
joebassman35 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdicks View Post
For what? The damper will help control engine movement and the balancer will just replace the stocker. Neither will give you any horsepowers lol.
I know it won't give any more power. I was thinking that putting more power through the engine would create more movement of it so maybe the dampener would help to counteract this?
joebassman35 is offline  
post #10 of 38 Old 03-07-2017, 03:19 PM
Still the same me...
 
Charlie-III's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA, North NJ 07456
Posts: 6,850
Mentioned: 223 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Charlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud of
Cool Re: supercharging a V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdicks View Post
For what? The damper will help control engine movement and the balancer will just replace the stocker. Neither will give you any horsepowers lol.
Correct.
If you don't add air, fuel or increase CR (either different pistons or FI) you DON'T add power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebassman35 View Post
I know it won't give any more power. I was thinking that putting more power through the engine would create more movement of it so maybe the dampener would help to counteract this?
Lighter "spinning bits" (flywheel is the biggest, pullies are a minor second) "frees up power" the equivalent of adding HP.

The damper would be one of the last things I would do after LOTS of power mods, especially for that price.
The tiny amount of metal out of that crank pulley is not worth it UNLESS yours is failing and you have to replace it.

Neither will hurt anything, your car, get them if you want to.
oni888 likes this.

Wifes car: 2004 Tib GT, 2.7L, 5MT, 188K miles, medium blue, basically stock.
My car: 1998 Legacy GT wagon, 2.5L, 5MT, 176K miles, "Quicksilver", not stock and not slow...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"life is lived, one corner at a time".
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Best NT.com '13 New-Comer, NT.com '13 Technical Advise & Info (runner-up), NT.com '13 Non-Tib (3rd) .
Charlie-III is offline  
post #11 of 38 Old 03-16-2017, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Uk
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
joebassman35 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Re: supercharging a V6

Thanks for the advice guys.
What I'm planning to do first anyway before the supercharger is get super pro poly bushes for the suspension and control arms, Ultra Racing strut bars, double piston front calipers from the Hyundai Trajet, grooved and drilled discs (or rotors as they call them in the States), Black Diamond predator pads, Goodridge braided brake lines, poly engine mounts, custom catback exhaust, cel 200 or 300 cat, custom headers, stage 4 manifold, manifold spacer, maybe a big bore throttle body, a slip differential and silicon coolant pipes.

If anyone can think of anything else I should add then let me know please
joebassman35 is offline  
post #12 of 38 Old 03-16-2017, 10:39 AM
Still the same me...
 
Charlie-III's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA, North NJ 07456
Posts: 6,850
Mentioned: 223 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Charlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud of
Re: supercharging a V6

What are your goals with the car?

If some more power, fine.
If it's "cool looking stuff", fine.
If it some form of racing, what class and what do the rules say?

Brakes, I have a thread that discusses it, basically a stock system does pretty much anything you need up to and including autoX, some track time, very quick street driving. Some mods like SS lines help feel, different pads can change initial bite, beyond that, if you can bring in the ABS the only other mod for braking is stickier tires.

For street use, I hate drilled and/or slotted rotors for many reasons.
Silicone (not silicon unless you're making computer chips) hoses are bling to me.

Keep in mind, I cover 3 cars, so parts have to make it last or reduce maintenance or make it more reliable or provide a real performance benefit.

You have your own thoughts and that's fine. I will only bash when it's unsafe or a complete waste of money (like Raceland coilovers).

Wifes car: 2004 Tib GT, 2.7L, 5MT, 188K miles, medium blue, basically stock.
My car: 1998 Legacy GT wagon, 2.5L, 5MT, 176K miles, "Quicksilver", not stock and not slow...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"life is lived, one corner at a time".
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Best NT.com '13 New-Comer, NT.com '13 Technical Advise & Info (runner-up), NT.com '13 Non-Tib (3rd) .
Charlie-III is offline  
post #13 of 38 Old 03-16-2017, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Uk
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
joebassman35 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Re: supercharging a V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
What are your goals with the car?

If some more power, fine.
If it's "cool looking stuff", fine.
If it some form of racing, what class and what do the rules say?

Brakes, I have a thread that discusses it, basically a stock system does pretty much anything you need up to and including autoX, some track time, very quick street driving. Some mods like SS lines help feel, different pads can change initial bite, beyond that, if you can bring in the ABS the only other mod for braking is stickier tires.

For street use, I hate drilled and/or slotted rotors for many reasons.
Silicone (not silicon unless you're making computer chips) hoses are bling to me.

Keep in mind, I cover 3 cars, so parts have to make it last or reduce maintenance or make it more reliable or provide a real performance benefit.

You have your own thoughts and that's fine. I will only bash when it's unsafe or a complete waste of money (like Raceland coilovers).
I don't want to race it but I do plan to take it on to the track sometimes. As for brakes you may have better one's in the US but the standard one's over here are crap. I agree the Silicone hoses are more bling but they do last a lot longer than rubber.
joebassman35 is offline  
post #14 of 38 Old 03-17-2017, 12:19 AM
NewTiburon.com Rookie
 
joe_clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Arlington
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
joe_clark is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: supercharging a V6

Honestly if you plan on getting good power out of it but don't want to pay to import a super charger you could put a turbo on instead. I saw you already said you were going with custom headers. Overall it is a cramped engine bay so you would have to relocate battery and things like that. I can't imagine that putting together a custom supercharger kit would be hardly any easier than a custom turbo. The reason everybody in the states just buys the supercharger and throws it on is that you can bolt it on in a productive afternoon and be done with it, when your putting a kit together yourself all of the ease of a supercharger kit go out the window.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
suh dude
joe_clark is offline  
post #15 of 38 Old 03-17-2017, 08:11 AM
NewTiburon.com Post Master
 
dmdicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6,497
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
dmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to behold
Re: supercharging a V6

You don't have your location in your profile filled out so I would check with your local emissions laws before installing headers and/or anything that will mess with the intake and exhaust systems. I would hate for you to install something and have your car impounded due to emissions violations.

Huffin E85 and lovin every minute of it!!

Hit me up on gmail chat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dmdicks is offline  
post #16 of 38 Old 03-17-2017, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Uk
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
joebassman35 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Re: supercharging a V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdicks View Post
You don't have your location in your profile filled out so I would check with your local emissions laws before installing headers and/or anything that will mess with the intake and exhaust systems. I would hate for you to install something and have your car impounded due to emissions violations.
I live in the UK so the only thing that I can't really do is have a decat exhaust and must be careful how loud the exhaust it is as well.
joebassman35 is offline  
post #17 of 38 Old 03-17-2017, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Uk
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
joebassman35 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Re: supercharging a V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_clark View Post
Honestly if you plan on getting good power out of it but don't want to pay to import a super charger you could put a turbo on instead. I saw you already said you were going with custom headers. Overall it is a cramped engine bay so you would have to relocate battery and things like that. I can't imagine that putting together a custom supercharger kit would be hardly any easier than a custom turbo. The reason everybody in the states just buys the supercharger and throws it on is that you can bolt it on in a productive afternoon and be done with it, when your putting a kit together yourself all of the ease of a supercharger kit go out the window.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Isn't it a lot more difficult to turbo?
Relocating the battery wouldn't be a problem. I have a friend who is a retired mechanical engineer and he can help me do most things for really cheap. The main thing we wouldn't be able to do is remap. From what I've heard I believe the Tiburons in the States are easier to remap because over here in the UK the chip is glued in and the cars have self learning ECUs that reset every 500 miles. There is only 1 guy in the country who can remap them and he has to remove and bench it and over ride the self learning.
I know some people take out the aircon and fit the blower there but I'd rather keep my aircon if possible.
joebassman35 is offline  
post #18 of 38 Old 03-17-2017, 03:09 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie
 
joe_clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Arlington
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
joe_clark is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: supercharging a V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebassman35 View Post
Isn't it a lot more difficult to turbo?
Relocating the battery wouldn't be a problem. I have a friend who is a retired mechanical engineer and he can help me do most things for really cheap. The main thing we wouldn't be able to do is remap. From what I've heard I believe the Tiburons in the States are easier to remap because over here in the UK the chip is glued in and the cars have self learning ECUs that reset every 500 miles. There is only 1 guy in the country who can remap them and he has to remove and bench it and over ride the self learning.
I know some people take out the aircon and fit the blower there but I'd rather keep my aircon if possible.
Normally a turbo would be more difficult but that is because normally a supercharger is a bolt on kit. Since your planning on custom building one I don't think a turbo would be all that much harder. If you can't retune the car your gonna have issues with a supercharger as well. Technically the stage one supercharger can run on a stock tune (at least here in states) but I can tell you from personal experience that just stage one power is not worth the money or in your case effort it would take to put it in, to really get power you need more boost which would require injectors and a tune.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
suh dude
joe_clark is offline  
post #19 of 38 Old 03-20-2017, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Uk
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
joebassman35 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Re: supercharging a V6

Would the Eaton M62 and M90 fit the tiburon or is it only the MP62 and MP90 that are a direct fit?
joebassman35 is offline  
post #20 of 38 Old 03-20-2017, 12:52 PM
NewTiburon.com Post Master
 
dmdicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6,497
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
dmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to behold
Re: supercharging a V6

The only supercharger kits that were made for the 2.7L V6 motor used the MP series of superchargers. If you wanted to use a M series you would have to fabricate a custom intake manifold and throttle body adapter.
joebassman35 likes this.

Huffin E85 and lovin every minute of it!!

Hit me up on gmail chat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dmdicks is offline  
post #21 of 38 Old 03-20-2017, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Uk
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
joebassman35 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Re: supercharging a V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdicks View Post
The only supercharger kits that were made for the 2.7L V6 motor used the MP series of superchargers. If you wanted to use a M series you would have to fabricate a custom intake manifold and throttle body adapter.
Ok thanks for the advice. I was thinking maybe that would be a good way to go cause there's a few new and remanufactured M series available.
Sorry if this is a bit of a dumb question but what actually is a stage 4 manifold? Is it a manifold that has been ported and polished and what else has been done to it to make it stage 4?
joebassman35 is offline  
post #22 of 38 Old 03-21-2017, 09:09 AM
NewTiburon.com Post Master
 
dmdicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6,497
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
dmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to behold
Re: supercharging a V6

If your talking about the lower manifold then I believe a true stage 4 manifold was CNC machine ported. But yes its basically a manfiold that's been ported out as far as it can go. It typically goes with the NGM Normally Aspirated upper manifold. It can be used with the NGM supercharger kits but the supercharger manifolds themselves cannot be ported out to match a Stage 4 lower manifold due to the interior welds blocking the path.

Huffin E85 and lovin every minute of it!!

Hit me up on gmail chat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dmdicks is offline  
post #23 of 38 Old 03-22-2017, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Uk
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
joebassman35 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdicks View Post
If your talking about the lower manifold then I believe a true stage 4 manifold was CNC machine ported. But yes its basically a manfiold that's been ported out as far as it can go. It typically goes with the NGM Normally Aspirated upper manifold. It can be used with the NGM supercharger kits but the supercharger manifolds themselves cannot be ported out to match a Stage 4 lower manifold due to the interior welds blocking the path.
With the header do you reckon I would be better off going for 2x 3-1 or a 6-2-1?
joebassman35 is offline  
post #24 of 38 Old 03-22-2017, 06:35 PM
Still the same me...
 
Charlie-III's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA, North NJ 07456
Posts: 6,850
Mentioned: 223 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Charlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud of
Re: supercharging a V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebassman35 View Post
With the header do you reckon I would be better off going for 2x 3-1 or a 6-2-1?
The 6-2-1 is normally for 6 cylinders in a row (a straight 6 or V12), kind of hard to use that on a V6.

Wifes car: 2004 Tib GT, 2.7L, 5MT, 188K miles, medium blue, basically stock.
My car: 1998 Legacy GT wagon, 2.5L, 5MT, 176K miles, "Quicksilver", not stock and not slow...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"life is lived, one corner at a time".
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Best NT.com '13 New-Comer, NT.com '13 Technical Advise & Info (runner-up), NT.com '13 Non-Tib (3rd) .
Charlie-III is offline  
post #25 of 38 Old 04-05-2017, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Uk
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
joebassman35 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Re: supercharging a V6

Would it be possible possible to adapt this one for the v6?

eaton supercharger | eBay
joebassman35 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome