The Ultimate Supercharger Thread - Page 2 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #26 of 208 Old 03-22-2008, 11:15 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phenix3st
Re: The Ultimate Supercharger Thread

ya i know what your saying. I have to get a kit for the same reason ya I'm wondering the same thing about the assasin kit . I'm trying to decide between that and the stage 3 sniper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27 of 208 Old 04-13-2008, 03:41 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

bigwhite7907 is an unknown quantity at this point

i bought my car with the alpine kit but dont know my boost level or even what stage it is... is there anyway to tell?
post #28 of 208 Old 05-31-2008, 03:01 AM Thread Starter
How do you change this?

deez337 is on another leveldeez337 is on another leveldeez337 is on another leveldeez337 is on another leveldeez337 is on another leveldeez337 is on another leveldeez337 is on another leveldeez337 is on another leveldeez337 is on another leveldeez337 is on another leveldeez337 is on another level
(Thread Starter)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Alpine post says whats all included with each stage, see if you have that equipment also and if it doesnt have it then thats not the stage you have. Hope that helps

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ARK : NGM : MSR : B&G : Top Speed : Lunati : Pioneer : KRD : Apexi : MTX : SFR : Bosch : MidNight Wolfe
post #29 of 208 Old 09-19-2008, 07:50 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

coldblooded_assassin is an unknown quantity at this point

ok, i got a question. lets say that u have the money to buy the stage 3 on every kit, alpine, ngm or ripp mod, which one of those are better for a daily driver?
post #30 of 208 Old 09-19-2008, 08:14 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Bakerking31 is a splendid one to beholdBakerking31 is a splendid one to beholdBakerking31 is a splendid one to beholdBakerking31 is a splendid one to beholdBakerking31 is a splendid one to beholdBakerking31 is a splendid one to beholdBakerking31 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldblooded_assassin View Post
ok, i got a question. lets say that u have the money to buy the stage 3 on every kit, alpine, ngm or ripp mod, which one of those are better for a daily driver?
ngm

my reasoning is that if something breaks there is much more support for the ngm kids than any of the others

NGM 2009 Ride of the Year
NT's Best Overall Member 2009
August 2009 NGM Ride Of The Month Winner "Race" Category

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #31 of 208 Old 09-19-2008, 10:24 PM
NewTiburon.com Post Master

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
dlanes is a name known to alldlanes is a name known to alldlanes is a name known to alldlanes is a name known to alldlanes is a name known to alldlanes is a name known to all

Alpine is outta of business and ripp no longer makes a kit for the tiburon. NGM is probably your best bet and stage 3 sniper > assassin. The thing that bugs me a little is ngm raised their prices after alpine was outta the picture, but if there is no one else making a kit they can really set the price to whatever they want.

03 Tiburon GT 6 speed Assassin supercharged, NGM race shortblock, Stage 2 heads, NGM stage 1 cams, NGM 90mm throttle body, Hydra 2.6 EMS, 460cc inejectors, Bosch 190lph fuel pump, SSA headers/cat-back, 3.5" SRI, NGM twin disc clutch, Phantom grip LSD conversion, KJB delrin cable bushings, Mishimoto radiator, Ark 22mm rear sway bar, Vogtland springs, Koni adjustable shocks, MOOG endlinks & tie-rods, XG350 brake conversion.
post #32 of 208 Old 09-26-2008, 12:19 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

coldblooded_assassin is an unknown quantity at this point

well, ngm, that will be my choice!!! thanks a lot for all
post #33 of 208 Old 01-18-2009, 06:46 PM
Dedication to Thai Cuisine

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
breeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud of

bump for updated prices and warning about alpine!

Lightest DD tib? 2593 lbs
Don't beat me GK27V6

IS-F 3723 lbs
400 WHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Blue View Post
I wish I had 5 Guys inside of me right now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takahashi240 View Post
That is pretty much how I felt the first time I had Five Guys...
post #34 of 208 Old 03-02-2009, 11:46 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Sting_Ray is an unknown quantity at this point

Perhaps a new thread and sticky is in order to show the community the current turbo options as well?
post #35 of 208 Old 04-07-2009, 09:30 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

tibdream is an unknown quantity at this point

sweet ride
post #36 of 208 Old 04-08-2009, 01:11 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

ou812jimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to ask for some information and help... I am a newbie who bought a 03 tibby at auction that had been rearended.... It has a alpine aquacooled blower, icebox, lightblue 290cc injectors, fuelpressure reg, known parts... under the dash is control knobs and such for alky... the car was sputtering & needed a taillight and bumper/hatchwork.... so I replaced the motor with a stock 06 2.7 w/ 19k added some O2 sensors and next thing you know its purring and sucking air like a champ... until it was ran wide open when it left the garage... it tore the crank pulley off, and blew my headgaskets.... after tearing both engins down my new motor and the old were not getting enough fuel to the last part of the fuel rail under wide open throttle, and burnt up... I have no knowledge of who owned the tibby before me but the had a 7 inch crank pulley, and a 2.75 blower pulley... THIS NEXT PART I am sure I will be looked down upon, but what it is - is just that... I let my buddy who has a carberated chevy with a blower talk me into ordering some custom forged pistons with a 10mm dish, and running a 6 inch stock crank pulley from the dealership useing some keyways... I have yet to get a 3.5, 3.4, or 3.2 pulley to start out my education of trying to safely make this setup work for me... get started... I have somewhat of a wideband its a monitor that measures fuel richness looks like a code reader laying in the pass floorboard... could someone who knows about my dishpistons... school me on what pulley would run about 4 to 6 boost so I wouldnt have to do anything with my ecu... I am also thinking of adding a second fuel pump for the opposite fuel rail like my buddy did on his old chevy... I am still working on this...
post #37 of 208 Old 04-09-2009, 05:23 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Bakerking31 is a splendid one to beholdBakerking31 is a splendid one to beholdBakerking31 is a splendid one to beholdBakerking31 is a splendid one to beholdBakerking31 is a splendid one to beholdBakerking31 is a splendid one to beholdBakerking31 is a splendid one to behold

you NEED a tuner, that car im sure had one on it before, but with the larger injectors in there you need a fuel tuner. second, you said there is a controller in there for alky, that may be why it blew, if it was setup to run on alky and you ran it without its gonna blow, no question.

I would do this

Get a piggy back fuel tuner like a NEO or something, and a real wideband that will tell you exactly what your AFR is. drive the car around for a while during breakin period and make sure your closed loop is good, tune as needed. leave the open loop zero'd out. after the breakin period then start doing WOT pulls and tune the open loop too.

to answer your question though, a 2.75 upper and stock lower will get you the boost you want, but you still will need to tune it or you will risk blowing another motor, its not a carburated car, tuning is VERY different

NGM 2009 Ride of the Year
NT's Best Overall Member 2009
August 2009 NGM Ride Of The Month Winner "Race" Category

post #38 of 208 Old 04-10-2009, 07:58 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Vandal1138 will become famous soon enough

Anybody got any know how on losing the upper IM and bolting a blower to the lower IM? Does this really go on or am i making things up?

-Vandal

"Dude, did you just taze that guy in the face?"
"Yeah, he's got an ak bro."
"Dude, he's Iraqi police..."
"Oh. Well, he shoulda thought about that"
post #39 of 208 Old 04-26-2009, 03:19 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

iwillp0wnu is an unknown quantity at this point

i just saw an add for a cyclone supercharger....is it possible to "supercharge" my tiburon for only 40 dollars

Proud Tuscani(Tiburon) owner!!!! check out my beast!!!!
post #40 of 208 Old 04-29-2009, 04:51 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

armyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillp0wnu View Post
i just saw an add for a cyclone supercharger....is it possible to "supercharge" my tiburon for only 40 dollars
hahahahahhahaha
post #41 of 208 Old 04-29-2009, 09:50 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

OneTubbyTubby is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillp0wnu View Post

IT'S A TRAP!
post #42 of 208 Old 07-31-2009, 02:14 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

DarkShark07 will become famous soon enoughDarkShark07 will become famous soon enough

BEST SuperCharger Book? got an assassin kit on the way and want to know everything!!!! thanks!!
post #43 of 208 Old 08-06-2009, 05:57 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

Marky2002S is an unknown quantity at this point

whats the max boost a stock 2.7 can handle with a supercharger
post #44 of 208 Old 08-06-2009, 05:58 PM
NewTiburon.com Post Master

valkare has a reputation beyond reputevalkare has a reputation beyond reputevalkare has a reputation beyond reputevalkare has a reputation beyond reputevalkare has a reputation beyond reputevalkare has a reputation beyond reputevalkare has a reputation beyond reputevalkare has a reputation beyond reputevalkare has a reputation beyond reputevalkare has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky2002S View Post
whats the max boost a stock 2.7 can handle with a supercharger
depends on:
a) how well you can tune
b) timing adjustments
c) are you using alky

as well as other factors... but those are some big ones.

2007 e92 space gray 328i w/ dakota gray interior
post #45 of 208 Old 08-22-2009, 11:09 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Zspot is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a 07 V6 ...looking into SC...my question in simple...I boosted my last build via supercharger and spent forever tuning it using HPTuners...now i am picky however my tune on my other car is wicked now, is there any available base tunes?
Not that im not willing to put in the time again however i really don't have the time I once had and this is my daily driver so down time tuning is not allowed.
post #46 of 208 Old 08-23-2009, 12:16 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Desert_Sage has a spectacular aura aboutDesert_Sage has a spectacular aura about

lol jd is gonna hate me for asking this n00b question...

but im really interested in getting ngm's sniper s/c kit.. you mentioned it can be bolted on to a stock 2.7L engine with a price tag of $2695...

how much more or less do you all think it would be to install it?

i know i would have an epic fail if i tried installing it myself lol

SOLD - It was a great 7 years NT!
post #47 of 208 Old 08-23-2009, 05:20 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Desert_Sage has a spectacular aura aboutDesert_Sage has a spectacular aura about

bump...i would like to get my question answered lol ^^^^^

SOLD - It was a great 7 years NT!
post #48 of 208 Old 09-01-2009, 05:45 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

AC_racing is an unknown quantity at this point

its not possible ot get the alpine S/C anymore is it
post #49 of 208 Old 09-01-2009, 05:47 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
faus03 has a spectacular aura aboutfaus03 has a spectacular aura aboutfaus03 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_915_tib View Post
lol jd is gonna hate me for asking this n00b question...

but im really interested in getting ngm's sniper s/c kit.. you mentioned it can be bolted on to a stock 2.7L engine with a price tag of $2695...

how much more or less do you all think it would be to install it?

i know i would have an epic fail if i tried installing it myself lol
believe it or not the sniper is pretty easy to install. theres a video of how to do it on ngm's site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_racing View Post
its not possible ot get the alpine S/C anymore is it
no they are not available new anymore. just used.

Old:

New:
post #50 of 208 Old 09-01-2009, 05:56 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Code Air is a splendid one to beholdCode Air is a splendid one to beholdCode Air is a splendid one to beholdCode Air is a splendid one to beholdCode Air is a splendid one to beholdCode Air is a splendid one to beholdCode Air is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by faus03 View Post
believe it or not the sniper is pretty easy to install. theres a video of how to do it on ngm's site.

no they are not available new anymore. just used.
Yup the video is just under 30 mins long. I'd download it just to get a better understanding if I were you (blue_915_tib).

Hyundai it's the Rodney Dangerfield of the automotive world.

Ignorance is curable (with knowledge), stupidity is not.

2011 October

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.