The Ultimate Supercharger Thread - Page 4 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #76 of 208 Old 07-17-2010, 09:16 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MisterTib is just really niceMisterTib is just really niceMisterTib is just really nice
Re: The Ultimate Supercharger Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloLuvsTibbys View Post
hey guys im something of a newbie i just got my 05 tiburon se and am looking to supercharge it i dont wanna spend to much and am looking at getting the stage 0 sniper kit from ngm it says u can put it on the stock engine but that scares me would the stock clutch and such really be able to handle that and approximatly how high can the boost go up before buying the next stage and pardon the stupid question but how do u turn boost up on a supercharger
The stock engine will handle the stage0 fine, the stock tune will also work. The clutch is iffy, it is a weak link although some have gotten away with it for quite a while, doing the slave cylinder mod will go a long way to helping it live. A set of upgraded motor mounts is a necessary mod. Boost is about 4psi but that will depend on other mods you have, mainly the exhaust system. Any more boost will demand tuning of some sort, whether a 'piggy back', re-flash and larger injectors. Boost is turned up by changing the belt pulley, make the blower turn faster. There is a LOT of info available, use the search option.

NGM/Alpine Stage 2,NGM Budget short block, NGM reflash, Injen CAI, Hot Shots, Mussa single, Fidanza, South Bend OFE,Ralco STS, Kart Boy shifter bushings, Weapon R Dampner,Sun Hyper Ground, Amsoil dual-remote bypass filter . 277 HP 243 TQ 7.5 psi, Mustang Dyno
"I don't mind if she whines, it means I'm getting blown!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 208 Old 08-16-2010, 10:06 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
04tuscanisc is an unknown quantity at this point

thats nice to know
post #78 of 208 Old 10-03-2010, 12:48 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

08Tiburon51 is an unknown quantity at this point

nice thread wish i had money
post #79 of 208 Old 11-06-2010, 02:20 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Tyrant is an unknown quantity at this point

How would the Vortech V9 G Trim supercharger work? I have an extra one sitting around.
post #80 of 208 Old 02-20-2011, 10:48 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

mlamp89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone Have a decent low boost SC for sale?

blood red 05 Tiburon, SE V6, 6spd MT, CAI, Borla Catback, headers
post #81 of 208 Old 03-01-2011, 02:41 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

honda_ryder89

i have a 2006 tiburon gt with 67k miles on it. i have ark headers, full borla exhaust, crower cams, aem cai, and stage 2 clutch system. im looking at the assassin kit. i know i would have to get motor mounts and stuff like that but what else would i need for the kit to be reliable and not tear my car apart in a couple months. im always around n/a so im new to f/i. but i heard i might need forged internals? im not sure but any help is appreciated thanks
post #82 of 208 Old 03-01-2011, 09:20 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
WTBaTibby has a spectacular aura aboutWTBaTibby has a spectacular aura aboutWTBaTibby has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda_ryder89 View Post
i have a 2006 tiburon gt with 67k miles on it...im looking at the assassin kit...what else would i need for the kit to be reliable and not tear my car apart in a couple months..?
You'd need deep pockets...

Pistons, rings, probably rods, clutch, and a good machine shop that you trust, along with more deep pockets. Head work would be advised. I haven't read too deep into what the kit requires, but be aware it's not for beginners. You say you're new to boost, so you should get a feel for it with something tamer like the Sniper kit unless you want a ton of down time building the engine and getting it tuned right.

I suppose you could put the Assassin blower on the stock block if you wanted to adjust the pulleys and such so it lowered the boost to less than 8-10 psi, then it'd be on par with a Stage II Sniper, but that would take just as much tuning and adjusting time to get it right, just without building the engine until later. Still no guarantee that won't pop your motor though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Plans: NGM Stage 4+ Sniper
Currently: NGM Stage 2.1 Sniper

SOLD as of 10/11/12

Last edited by WTBaTibby; 03-01-2011 at 09:23 PM.
post #83 of 208 Old 03-02-2011, 01:35 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

honda_ryder89

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTBaTibby View Post
You'd need deep pockets...

Pistons, rings, probably rods, clutch, and a good machine shop that you trust, along with more deep pockets. Head work would be advised. I haven't read too deep into what the kit requires, but be aware it's not for beginners. You say you're new to boost, so you should get a feel for it with something tamer like the Sniper kit unless you want a ton of down time building the engine and getting it tuned right.

I suppose you could put the Assassin blower on the stock block if you wanted to adjust the pulleys and such so it lowered the boost to less than 8-10 psi, then it'd be on par with a Stage II Sniper, but that would take just as much tuning and adjusting time to get it right, just without building the engine until later. Still no guarantee that won't pop your motor though.
What if i just got the stage 0 kit? whats the different between the stage 0 and the sniper kit?
post #84 of 208 Old 03-02-2011, 02:07 PM
NewTiburon.com God

WTBaTibby has a spectacular aura aboutWTBaTibby has a spectacular aura aboutWTBaTibby has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda_ryder89 View Post
What if i just got the stage 0 kit? whats the different between the stage 0 and the sniper kit?
The Sniper Kit comes in "Stages"

Stage 0, 1, 2, & 3 based on how much power you want out of it. Stage 0 and 1 are good for stock blocks without tuning, Stage 1 is actually most recommended because it offers more cooling. Stage 2 can be safely run on stock if you watch your gauges and keep it tuned right. Stage 3, well I don't hear anybody talk about it much, but that's where you really want to start upgrading internals, like pistons and rings because you'll start seeing numbers over 300hp.

The Assassin Kit doesn't really have stages, it comes with huge injectors, tuning equipment, bigger crank pulley and such, but you make your own adjustments and settings based on how you want it to perform it seems.

SOLD as of 10/11/12
post #85 of 208 Old 03-02-2011, 11:02 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

honda_ryder89

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTBaTibby View Post
The Sniper Kit comes in "Stages"

Stage 0, 1, 2, & 3 based on how much power you want out of it. Stage 0 and 1 are good for stock blocks without tuning, Stage 1 is actually most recommended because it offers more cooling. Stage 2 can be safely run on stock if you watch your gauges and keep it tuned right. Stage 3, well I don't hear anybody talk about it much, but that's where you really want to start upgrading internals, like pistons and rings because you'll start seeing numbers over 300hp.

The Assassin Kit doesn't really have stages, it comes with huge injectors, tuning equipment, bigger crank pulley and such, but you make your own adjustments and settings based on how you want it to perform it seems.
Yea ill probly go with the sniper stage 1 then. thanks alot for the help
post #86 of 208 Old 03-03-2011, 10:48 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

osage

Hit a deer with my Tib the other night and both airbags deployed. Considering I will probably only get about $9-10k back from the insurance company if they total it out (awaiting the dreaded call now) I was thinking.... Considering having the airbags fixed would be so much money and well, call me stupid all you want but.. I am probably just going to have things put back to where they look normal but just not have them fixed. Not planning to resell the car or anything etc. and try to scam anyone. But after buying the Wings front bumper/side skirts and a CF hood. I would still have some money left over, so.. Currently I have an Injen CAI, and full exhaust (custom made in a shop, good quality), and a stage II clutch. Would buying the base Sniper kit be a bad idea? Should I get some after market headers to go with it to open things up better? Or just go for the Sniper kit and be good to go?
post #87 of 208 Old 03-28-2011, 03:15 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

ApolloLuvsTibbys

question im installing alpine stage 2 in the near future can I run this on the stock clutch as long as i dont punch it all and keep it under 2.5 rpm's and also am i gonna hurt anything by leaving it on the stock afr with 290cc injectors while im figuring out how to use my safc2

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... thatís what gets you
2005 Tiburon SE K&N Typhoon cold air intake/Ark TI single exhaust/ espelir lowering springs/ (Ark short shifter,sparco shift knob), Soon to have ssa v2 headers, solid motor mounts, stage 3 spec clutch and fidanza aluminum flywheel, and stage 2 Alpine supercharger.

Last edited by ApolloLuvsTibbys; 04-05-2011 at 03:30 PM. Reason: poooo
post #88 of 208 Old 04-12-2011, 07:28 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

jws408 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlamp89 View Post
Anyone Have a decent low boost SC for sale?
I'm selling an alpine supercharger setup without an intercooler if you are interested.
post #89 of 208 Old 05-10-2011, 04:18 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

doubleclutchit is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillp0wnu View Post
i just saw an add for a cyclone supercharger....is it possible to "supercharge" my tiburon for only 40 dollars
bro if the thing your looking at says electric... or looks like it plugs into your CAI.. its a joke , it makes a lil whistling noise and what not. no its not bro, you get what you pay for. if you want something that will give you what you want you have to fork up the cash for it. but if you just want a little rape whistle noise inside your hood, go for it. or just let some belts go bad
post #90 of 208 Old 05-16-2011, 12:02 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

bballenmaster is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 2007 tiburon se i have no mods to this but i would like a supercharger if i got a sniper stage 1 kit what would i need besides the kit and what performance changes would i get
post #91 of 208 Old 05-23-2011, 11:45 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

chedderbob78 is an unknown quantity at this point

nice info
thanks
post #92 of 208 Old 06-05-2011, 11:55 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
MoSteel will become famous soon enough

I got a lot of saving to do! Lol. No prob though. I recently decided to go supercharger instead of turbo The performance boost seems to be better from what I've heard. Can't wait to get my Tibby built! Right now I just got a short ram intake lmao. Getting my Catback/Headers soon with a high flow cat.

Does anyone have any info in what I need to make sure I get before the supercharger so that my car can handle it?
Im driving an 05 Tib Tuscani GT 2.7l v6 5spd.

Thanks!

Last edited by MoSteel; 06-05-2011 at 11:57 AM.
post #93 of 208 Old 06-08-2011, 05:41 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Salvation661 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have $18,000 in my bank. I plan on buying a used GT for 5-6k. I would to put the assassin kit on my tibby but first i had a couple questions. How much would a built engine and installation cost, How much for a stage 2 clutch, and where can i purchase/build my motor at? I live in California. Thank you for your time
post #94 of 208 Old 08-11-2011, 09:54 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

dweible64 is an unknown quantity at this point

great info in this thread. Now my decision is turbo or s.c
post #95 of 208 Old 09-14-2011, 10:16 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Tibby2007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweible64 View Post
great info in this thread. Now my decision is turbo or s.c
hi i have a 2007 tib gtv6, I'm waiting for my warranty to expire before i start going crazy on my engine, but I'm trying to put together a decent set-up to run about 250+ whp I'm not going to much more than that as this will most likely be my daily driver for a while, and once i get a second car ill really work on the tib, but now that you've heard my life story..

I want to put the NGM sniper stage 2, but I'm trying to find the best/most reliable aftermarket upgrades to hold all that power, I'm going to go with a stage 2 clutch, flywheel, and ARK exhaust or Greddy, CAI not sure yet, asides from this stuff, what other mods would be nessecary besides a tune and no headers because of the damn CEL, the slave cylinder mod to run this much horsepower safely, i understand the tune will take some time to get perfect but I'm trying to get my set-up right the first time around, I don't have the time to worry about parts breaking/bieng unreliable

Any help is appreciated thanks in advance.

Last edited by Tibby2007; 03-25-2012 at 09:18 PM. Reason: noob no more
post #96 of 208 Old 09-19-2011, 11:22 PM
NewTiburon.com God

in order to reach over 350-400hp, you'll need a built block of some kind (unless you like popping motors every week), which is a minimum 2500 dollar investment in most cases. Also, going over 300hp takes the "daily drivable" aspect and almost throws it out the window.

If you want daily drivable on a stock motor with only a little headache, stop at Stage 2.

SOLD as of 10/11/12
post #97 of 208 Old 10-18-2011, 06:07 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

tib03gtv6 is an unknown quantity at this point

nice thread how difficult to install? I have auto mechanic experience
post #98 of 208 Old 10-25-2011, 08:03 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

GibzTibGT is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: The Ultimate Supercharger Thread

Once my tib is paid off, i think i will deffently go big with the supercharger..... Might have to go to Wells Fargo and see how big of a loan i can get. How much would this cost to get installed. Anyone know?
post #99 of 208 Old 10-25-2011, 10:01 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

bxny1984

You have to look around your area.

DC HEADERS, AEM CAI, APEXI CATBACK EXHAUST, B&M SHORT SHIFTER, ZEX UNIVERSAL NITROUS KIT.
post #100 of 208 Old 11-03-2011, 11:25 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

teylix

seriously... dont get a loan for a supercharger.

power is nice but let's be reasonable here.

Sound setup: Rainbow SLC 265, JL 500/1 & JL 300/4 amps, 2 JL 10W6v2 subs
Mods: Progress rear sway bar, Injen SRI, Mussa dual exhaust,
Hotshot headers, Zeitronix wideband, Mafterburner, Alpine S/C stage 1,
Zefiro Chaos CF hood, Metaphor bumper, D2 coilovers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.