The Ultimate Supercharger Thread - Page 6 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #126 of 208 Old 05-06-2012, 09:03 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TTToeknee
Re: The Ultimate Supercharger Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlamp89 View Post
Im looking to buy a RIPP S/C and dont know anything about RIPP. I can get it for a lot cheaper than Im finding NGMs and Alpine. its a ripp mods vortech supercharger. has almost everything all I would need to buy is piping, oil lines a bov and some brackets. He said on low boost it will be good on stock internals. I have I/H/E. Any inputs or advice?

this is what he is selling

the blower the pulley the pole that spins it and the oil fittings are in the blower its self
Save your self the pain in the a$$ and do some research. Trust me, if you don't know ANYTHING about going F/I or the companies, put your nose in the books.
NGM is a lot more expensive than it used to be, and I heard TC hasn't been answering calls or shipping to customers, so lay low for a bit and gain some knowledge. Their S/C's are probably the simplest thing to set up though.
Your best bet would be to find a used, low mileage NGM S/C kit in the For Sale section and make sure everything is in it that you need. Don't always assume that if "something is cheaper, it's a good deal". Trust me, you'll save yourself a lot of headaches.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Black 2003 GT V6 5-Spd.
NGM Stage 3 Iced Sniper, Hydra 2.6, 440cc Injectors, AEM Water/meth, AEM CAI, ARK DTS-V2 Techno Exhaust, DCSports Headers, NGM 70mm Tri-Flow BBTB, Bosch 190LPH Fuel Pump, Modded Phantom Grip LSD, ACT Clutch, F1 Racing Chromoly Flywheel, Megan Lowering Springs.
130k miles!

300.5whp, 265 Ft. Lbs. @12psi on a loaded dyno
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #127 of 208 Old 05-07-2012, 10:25 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
mlamp89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTToeknee View Post
Save your self the pain in the a$$ and do some research. Trust me, if you don't know ANYTHING about going F/I or the companies, put your nose in the books.
NGM is a lot more expensive than it used to be, and I heard TC hasn't been answering calls or shipping to customers, so lay low for a bit and gain some knowledge. Their S/C's are probably the simplest thing to set up though.
Your best bet would be to find a used, low mileage NGM S/C kit in the For Sale section and make sure everything is in it that you need. Don't always assume that if "something is cheaper, it's a good deal". Trust me, you'll save yourself a lot of headaches.
I appreciate your response. I've been looking for an NGM s/c. Thats what I want, but it seems like no one has a kit for sale. I am currently deployed so its hard searching all over the place. But I havent found anything in the for sale section. Thanks again, I'll keep searching.

blood red 05 Tiburon, SE V6, 6spd MT, CAI, Borla Catback, headers
post #128 of 208 Old 05-08-2012, 01:51 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

TTToeknee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlamp89 View Post
I appreciate your response. I've been looking for an NGM s/c. Thats what I want, but it seems like no one has a kit for sale. I am currently deployed so its hard searching all over the place. But I havent found anything in the for sale section. Thanks again, I'll keep searching.
No problem man. Just keep your eyes open in the for sale section. Your patience will pay off. Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Black 2003 GT V6 5-Spd.
NGM Stage 3 Iced Sniper, Hydra 2.6, 440cc Injectors, AEM Water/meth, AEM CAI, ARK DTS-V2 Techno Exhaust, DCSports Headers, NGM 70mm Tri-Flow BBTB, Bosch 190LPH Fuel Pump, Modded Phantom Grip LSD, ACT Clutch, F1 Racing Chromoly Flywheel, Megan Lowering Springs.
130k miles!

post #129 of 208 Old 05-13-2012, 09:04 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Aussietib06 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
No problem man. Just keep your eyes open in the for sale section. Your patience will pay off. Good luck!
So true, it's taken me three months to find one thats suits my needs.

Patience is a virtue

Last edited by Aussietib06; 06-29-2012 at 07:56 PM.
post #130 of 208 Old 05-13-2012, 12:31 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
6spdSE has a spectacular aura about6spdSE has a spectacular aura about6spdSE has a spectacular aura about

Glad you finally got your SC aussietib! I have been following the dabacle you have been having and am glad you finally got what you needed.

The trick with buying a used S/C is really simple. Have cash ready! They come up for sale semi often but you need to be prepared to drop $2500+ literally at any moment. Thats what I had to do, thats what every used SC owner had to do.
post #131 of 208 Old 06-29-2012, 06:39 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Forsakenmike3000

i have the NGM Assassin kit and i will say it made a massive difference. best kit i have seen. I highly recommend it.
post #132 of 208 Old 07-09-2012, 01:38 AM
NewTiburon.com Professional

jp2039 will become famous soon enoughjp2039 will become famous soon enough

huh 4000$? ill guess ill just keep on dreaming lol
post #133 of 208 Old 07-09-2012, 04:06 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

TTToeknee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2039 View Post
huh 4000$? ill guess ill just keep on dreaming lol
You have to pay to play, man.

Black 2003 GT V6 5-Spd.
130k miles!

post #134 of 208 Old 10-12-2012, 11:47 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

craig112 is an unknown quantity at this point

Noob question and i could probably search it but dont even know where to begin to be honest....i have a 2004 GT V6 Auto, Looking into Forced Induction or maybe anything to be honest, im just looking where to start everything i have is stock and looking for a place to begin
post #135 of 208 Old 10-13-2012, 03:57 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

TTToeknee

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig112 View Post
Noob question and i could probably search it but dont even know where to begin to be honest....i have a 2004 GT V6 Auto, Looking into Forced Induction or maybe anything to be honest, im just looking where to start everything i have is stock and looking for a place to begin
Begin with your basic bolt-ons. I'll list a good starting point to begin with. Just remember, IT IS NOT CHEAP! So plan ahead and decide for yourself whether you think it's worth it or not. My mods are in my signature if you're curious to what I have.
Since you have an automatic, you don't need to worry about upgrading clutches and flywheels, so that alone saves a lot of time and money.
The most common mod people do first is an aftermarket air intake. Either a Cold Air Intake or Short Ram will do, these can go anywhere from $50-250.
You will need an aftermarket exhaust to open up all of that air that's being restricted by our stock one.
You can find a decent catback exhaust on the for sale section usually, or buy a brand new one from $300-1200.
Aftermarket Headers will additionally open up all of that restricted air, they also weigh A LOT less than stock ones. You definitely don't want to buy cheap ones (eBay, etc) as word has it that they have horrible fitment issues, usually so bad that you need to put a dent in one of the runners. I'd recommend the DCSports 3-1 headers. Those go for around $200-400 depending on condition, whereas ARK's headers are well over $1,000.
Depending on which supercharger setup you want to go with (used Alpine/NGM/RIPP's Centrifugal setup), a Big Bored Throttle Body (60-70mm) will also increase the amount of air flow.
I got a used one on the For Sale section for around 300 bucks.

If you're feeling lucky, you can try and contact TC from Next Generation Motorsports [NGM] (nextgen03gt@gmail.com). TC created our Sniper and Assassin supercharger kits. Be aware though, many have not had their parts shipped from him and phone calls/emails weren't being replied to until recently due to some personal issues. My advice would be to email him about everything you have planned for your Tiburon, ask any questions, as he knows our cars inside and out, and see what he has to say. At the moment, he is the only person providing these supercharger kits for our cars, and a lot of us have to rely on him staying in the Tiburon market.

A stage 0/1 Sniper supercharger kit can set you back anywhere from $2,000-3,000 depending on condition and what's sold with it. Brand new from TC will set you back around 3,500 dollars. If you plan on going forced induction, I'd recommend you start small and build up progressively.
Also, upgraded suspension (springs/struts/coilovers) is highly recommended.
KYB Struts costed me I think $300-400 and Megan Lowering Springs set me back about $150 for a set.

It adds up pretty quick, man. You'll save a bunch of money installing everything yourself, which will in time benefit you with knowing more about your own car.

Black 2003 GT V6 5-Spd.
130k miles!

Last edited by TTToeknee; 10-13-2012 at 04:04 AM.
post #136 of 208 Old 10-13-2012, 12:21 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Quote:
Begin with your basic bolt-ons. I'll list a good starting point to begin with. Just remember, IT IS NOT CHEAP! So plan ahead and decide for yourself whether you think it's worth it or not. My mods are in my signature if you're curious to what I have.
Since you have an automatic, you don't need to worry about upgrading clutches and flywheels, so that alone saves a lot of time and money.
The most common mod people do first is an aftermarket air intake. Either a Cold Air Intake or Short Ram will do, these can go anywhere from $50-250.
You will need an aftermarket exhaust to open up all of that air that's being restricted by our stock one.
You can find a decent catback exhaust on the for sale section usually, or buy a brand new one from $300-1200.
Aftermarket Headers will additionally open up all of that restricted air, they also weigh A LOT less than stock ones. You definitely don't want to buy cheap ones (eBay, etc) as word has it that they have horrible fitment issues, usually so bad that you need to put a dent in one of the runners. I'd recommend the DCSports 3-1 headers. Those go for around $200-400 depending on condition, whereas ARK's headers are well over $1,000.
Depending on which supercharger setup you want to go with (used Alpine/NGM/RIPP's Centrifugal setup), a Big Bored Throttle Body (60-70mm) will also increase the amount of air flow.

If you're feeling lucky, you can try and contact TC from Next Generation Motorsports [NGM] (nextgen03gt@gmail.com). TC created our Sniper and Assassin supercharger kits. Be aware though, many have not had their parts shipped from him and phone calls/emails weren't being replied to until recently due to some personal issues. My advice would be to email him about everything you have planned for your Tiburon, ask any questions, as he knows our cars inside and out, and see what he has to say. At the moment, he is the only person providing these supercharger kits for our cars, and a lot of us have to rely on him staying in the Tiburon market.

A stage 0/1 Sniper supercharger kit can set you back anywhere from $2,000-3,000 depending on condition and what's sold with it. Brand new from TC will set you back around 3,500 dollars. If you plan on going forced induction, I'd recommend you start small and build up progressively.
KYB Struts costed me I think $300-400 and Megan Lowering Springs set me back about $150 for a set.

It adds up pretty quick, man. You'll save a bunch of money installing everything yourself, which will in time benefit you with knowing more about your own car.

Sounds good, i will start with the basic bolt ons, so even if i decide its not for me after thoses parts its still a upgrade over stock before i go to big. Ill keep this thread updated on my progress thanks for ur help
post #137 of 208 Old 10-13-2012, 03:50 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

TTToeknee

Quote:
Sounds good, i will start with the basic bolt ons, so even if i decide its not for me after thoses parts its still a upgrade over stock before i go to big. Ill keep this thread updated on my progress thanks for ur help
No problem, that's why we're here

Black 2003 GT V6 5-Spd.
130k miles!

post #138 of 208 Old 10-14-2012, 01:56 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Quote:

Quote:
No problem, that's why we're here
Im going to order the Injen CAI RD1375 to start off, is that a good buy?
post #139 of 208 Old 10-19-2012, 03:12 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

TTToeknee

Quote:
Im going to order the Injen CAI RD1375 to start off, is that a good buy?
It all comes to the personal preference of brands to be honest, I have an AEM CAI and it sounds great. A simple search of "Injen vs AEM/Fujita/etc" could shed some light on which you'd prefer. Again, it's all personal preference, man.

Black 2003 GT V6 5-Spd.
130k miles!

Last edited by TTToeknee; 10-19-2012 at 03:13 AM.
post #140 of 208 Old 10-19-2012, 05:09 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

cjbadger14 is an unknown quantity at this point

i will put on my wish list!!!
post #141 of 208 Old 11-17-2012, 06:35 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Jtib2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

im drooling over the RIPP system

eBay bomz CAi, Ark dual exhaust, ngm stage 4 intake. Silver tint and some of the funkyest rims you've ever seen.
post #142 of 208 Old 12-14-2012, 11:49 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Lurchboy is an unknown quantity at this point

good post well constructed
post #143 of 208 Old 01-02-2013, 03:03 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

icanhazdroid is an unknown quantity at this point

Really considering the sniper but...

I have a Borla catback on my 2008 V6, and from what Import Shark's website says, I can't use forced induction on this particular exhaust. Is that true? Because that's the first time I've heard that. I bought the car used and it came with the exhaust already built in.

Here's a link to the description
http://www.importshark.com/store/det...p?image_id=431
post #144 of 208 Old 01-02-2013, 04:36 PM
Loooongest build ever!!

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Code Air is a splendid one to beholdCode Air is a splendid one to beholdCode Air is a splendid one to beholdCode Air is a splendid one to beholdCode Air is a splendid one to beholdCode Air is a splendid one to beholdCode Air is a splendid one to behold

You can I believe Minesbetter had a stock diameter exhaust and according to his profile he was running 14psi. 2.5 would just help free up some of that air flow.

Edit: Yeah Minesbetter was running a 2.25 borla exhaust with an Alpine set up. Supposedly did a mid 12 second pass in the quarter mile too. So yes you should be fine.

Hyundai it's the Rodney Dangerfield of the automotive world.

Ignorance is curable (with knowledge), stupidity is not.

2011 October

Last edited by Code Air; 01-02-2013 at 04:41 PM.
post #145 of 208 Old 01-02-2013, 11:27 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

icanhazdroid is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code Air View Post
You can I believe Minesbetter had a stock diameter exhaust and according to his profile he was running 14psi. 2.5 would just help free up some of that air flow.

Edit: Yeah Minesbetter was running a 2.25 borla exhaust with an Alpine set up. Supposedly did a mid 12 second pass in the quarter mile too. So yes you should be fine.
I figured. I'm not sure why IS has that on their site. Maybe it affects turbos but not supers
post #146 of 208 Old 01-05-2013, 08:44 AM
NewTiburon.com God

esmokah has a spectacular aura aboutesmokah has a spectacular aura aboutesmokah has a spectacular aura about
Garage

It's because it's smaller piping than other cat backs. the super charger is forcing in the air, and you want it to be able to exit out of the system fast and efficient.

Head Unit: Pioneer avh-4300dvd,
Front Stage: Ascendant Audio 6.75", Massive Audio 28mm tweeters
Rear Fill: Massive Audio CK6-3 6x9 Woofers
Amps: PPI Phantom P900.4
Stage 1 Iced Sniper Supercharged
post #147 of 208 Old 01-13-2013, 11:19 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

sparpacus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I'm from Spain, I am new to this forum and I would like to know where I can find more prepared hyundai v6 engine, or the best turbo kit.
Besides I am looking Hyundais competition coupe.
It is a very important project that I perform, and I would like to share with you, but I need to find improvements neceserias to prove I can get this car around 400 whp or 450 whp for a document.
I've seen the web about me interesting Koreans coupes you can talk about them and where I can find them.

I need the best volumetric whp etc. all contributing.

Thank you.
post #148 of 208 Old 01-15-2013, 03:22 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

VaioStreams

i just stumbled across this thread while looking for SCs for my 05 V6 SE. I saw the Ripp system on google which then brought me back here so i looked up Ripp. They say there are no SCs for the tib, However, the one for the Mitsubishi eclipse looks the same. I looked a bit deeper but couldn't find the answer so i'll just ask. Is this the system that is shown in the 3rd post? I can see how it fits on there but i'm not 100% sure.

post #149 of 208 Old 01-15-2013, 03:26 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

VaioStreams

and just so you know i'm not talking out of my ass. this was the site i found

http://www.rippmods.com/Tuner_packag...g-v638-sds.htm

post #150 of 208 Old 01-25-2013, 10:26 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

MeccaMan has a spectacular aura aboutMeccaMan has a spectacular aura aboutMeccaMan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsakenmike3000 View Post
i have the NGM Assassin kit and i will say it made a massive difference. best kit i have seen. I highly recommend it.
Late and random but what exhaust are you using for it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.