The Ultimate Supercharger Thread - Page 9 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #201 of 206 Old 07-05-2016, 11:30 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
bblackmoor has a spectacular aura aboutbblackmoor has a spectacular aura about
Re: The Ultimate Supercharger Thread

I'm kind of bummed that I appear to have missed the window for buying a bolt-on ("stage 1") supercharger kit. Now I am thinking that even if I do find one used that fits the bill, I will be SOL if anything on it breaks, because no one makes them anymore.

You snooze, you lose, I guess.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 206 Old 07-06-2016, 08:37 AM
NewTiburon.com Post Master

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
dmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to behold

Your only real option is to wait for something to show up in the for sale section. Or you can post in the want to buy section and hope someone responds. If you buy used and the supercharger is toast there are plenty of places that will rebuild them to better than new condition. Worst case you buy a new MP62 charger from Magnuson which can be around 1500. The real tricky component is the Intake manifold. Both NGM and Alpine were 100% custom made with integrated charge coolers. Alpine's was removable so it wouldn't be too hard to have it repaired if it was leaking. The NGM is a part of the manifold which makes it a lot harder and more expensive to repair if the core is leaking.

Huffin E85 and lovin every minute of it!!

Hit me up on gmail chat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #203 of 206 Old 07-06-2016, 11:09 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
mosul210 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdicks View Post
Your only real option is to wait for something to show up in the for sale section. Or you can post in the want to buy section and hope someone responds. If you buy used and the supercharger is toast there are plenty of places that will rebuild them to better than new condition.
This is true, I did not find any issues finding a shop that would work on the blower. There are many places that can do everything from a complete rebuild to replacing all the fluids.

post #204 of 206 Old 07-06-2016, 04:16 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Okay, I have a stupid question regarding superchargers. If I do somehow find one, what is the reasonable expectation for hp increase? I have read wildly different opinions, anywhere from 10hp to 50hp. Talking stage 0 or stage 1, here.

Because I'm thinking 10hp wouldn't be worth the trouble, but 50hp would.

post #205 of 206 Old 07-06-2016, 04:54 PM
Still the same me...

Mentioned: 224 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Charlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud of
Cool Re: The Ultimate Supercharger Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblackmoor View Post
Okay, I have a stupid question regarding superchargers. If I do somehow find one, what is the reasonable expectation for hp increase? I have read wildly different opinions, anywhere from 10hp to 50hp. Talking stage 0 or stage 1, here.

Because I'm thinking 10hp wouldn't be worth the trouble, but 50hp would.
First thought is, what SC drive pulley? That determines how much more air is going in. Then, what on the car is stock, how long do you want it to last?

You can always "spin the crap" out of a SC on a totally stock car, but it won't last long, until it blows, it may make great power.

Wifes car: 2004 Tib GT, 2.7L, 5MT, 193K miles, medium blue, basically stock.
My car: 1998 Legacy GT wagon, 2.5L, 5MT, 176K miles, "Quicksilver", not stock and not slow...

"life is lived, one corner at a time".

Best NT.com '13 New-Comer, NT.com '13 Technical Advise & Info (runner-up), NT.com '13 Non-Tib (3rd) .
post #206 of 206 Old 07-06-2016, 05:25 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
First thought is, what SC drive pulley? That determines how much more air is going in. Then, what on the car is stock, how long do you want it to last?
I suspect that if I knew the answer to your first question, I would not have needed to ask mine.

For the rest, I currently have a K&N cold air intake, a 60mm throttle body and intake manifold, headers from ImportShark, and a Borla catback exhaust. And I would really like my car to last another 105,000 miles.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.