Official DYNO graph thread - Page 4 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #76 of 83 Old 03-30-2014, 05:59 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6spdSE has a spectacular aura about6spdSE has a spectacular aura about6spdSE has a spectacular aura about
Re: Official DYNO graph thread

I have always thought 12.5 and peak load (redline) its ideal. Obviously with it being a bit more rich in lower RPMs. Hell, a stock NA engine is hunting for 14.7 and that isn't lean, so I don't know why 12.3 on your NA would be considered lean.

2007 Pearl Black SE: Alpine Stage 2 Supercharged, AEM Meth/Water Injection, Custom ARK N2 Quad Tip Exhaust, Injen Cold Air Intake, Clutchmasters Stage 1 Clutch, Clutchmasters lightened flywheel, Cye's poly motor mounts, TB Performance Sub Frame Brace, KYB struts, Megan springs, Tint, Tuscani badges.
FIRST and ONLY BTRcc Tuned Supercharged Tiburon in the US!
Dyno: 268WHP 240TRQ and a whole lot of smiling.
2003 Ruby Red Mazda Protege LX 2.0 - Daily
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 83 Old 03-31-2014, 11:29 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
nerv

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdSE View Post
I have always thought 12.5 and peak load (redline) its ideal. Obviously with it being a bit more rich in lower RPMs. Hell, a stock NA engine is hunting for 14.7 and that isn't lean, so I don't know why 12.3 on your NA would be considered lean.
you are right when it come for a stock na with all na part ..i had my head around boost ,,still i would still check it out to be the safe side
..good luck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #78 of 83 Old 04-23-2016, 02:52 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Mr.Tibbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage

I had the Tiburon dynoed the other day, figured I'd post up for comparison. She is not stock right now. The only performance modifications that may affect the numbers are:

Fiebruz I/H/E reflashed ECU
SSA V2 Headers
Borla modified custom cat-back w/Hushpower
Injen long tube CAI

The curves are very stockish, but it is a Mustang Dyno. Comparing to JonGTR's numbers (also Mustang), I can see his stock curves being accurate, but his modifications, similar to mine, on the secondary runs yielded higher than mine. Although I did see this on the dyno screen before they printed anything, 165 hp/160 ft-lb which seems more accurate to me:

I wonder if they applied additional corrections to those values to get the printed curves or they just didn't graph the highest run of the two. Not sure, but at least I have a good baseline to compare to once I get the NGM blower on it.

"They call me Mister Tibbs!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2008 Tuscani GT V6
Injen CAI - headers - custom Borla exhaust - HIDs
BBC = BRING BACK CLARKSON

Last edited by Mr.Tibbs; 04-23-2016 at 02:57 PM.

post #79 of 83 Old 04-23-2016, 03:20 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
JonGTR has a spectacular aura aboutJonGTR has a spectacular aura about

Yup, like you said, due to it being a Mustang dyno it read very low. His dyno is still known locally for reading very low and breaking hearts. lol But, I used it to compare before and after I/H/E numbers which came out great with 27whp gains.

2005 Tiburon V6 6spd /// 2001 Tiburon 60-1 Turbo /// 300ZX Holset H1C Turbo /// F250 CC FX4 King Ranch Turbodiesel /// Catalina Yachts TR/WK my "anti-turbo"

Last edited by JonGTR; 04-23-2016 at 03:23 PM.
post #80 of 83 Old 04-25-2016, 10:05 AM
NewTiburon.com Post Master

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
dmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to behold

Yeah mustangs are very susceptible to how the user inputs the various parameters. It is possible to get them to read more closely to the more common Dynojet but it takes some fiddling per car to do it. Most dyno operators don't want to take the time to input stuff like vehicle weight with driver, tire diameter and gear ratio. That's why it tends to read lower than others.

Huffin E85 and lovin every minute of it!!

Hit me up on gmail chat
post #81 of 83 Old 08-25-2016, 07:44 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
4scoresn7yrsago is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage

Just dynoed.

INJEN SRI
DC SPORTS CAT BAT
DC SPORTS HEADERS

174 HP
170 TQ
I/H/E Auto V6. 113K miles on stock engine. Discovered a small exhaust leak at one of the flanges.
post #82 of 83 Old 11-12-2016, 11:10 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Mr.Tibbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage

Finally went back to the dyno the other day after running with the S/C for a while now. I couldn't find a separate F/I dyno thread plus this gives a good idea of differences when adding a blower on the SAME dyno, so I figured to post here.

The only changes to the car were adding the Stage 0 NGM, porting of the TB from 55 to 58-59 mm and colder spark plugs (and 93 petrol). The new numbers:

There are some anomalies present, and the guys at the shop said they had a hard time finding the right gear to do it in. The peak numbers are off because there was a quick spike at redline. The actual maxes are about 171 torques and 193 hp. Also not sure what to make of the huge dip at 4780 rpm. Wheel slippage, intake/exhaust harmonics, blower efficiency, just got partway off the throttle? They didn't really give me an answer on that, but it certainly looks odd. Definitely not as smooth as the stockish curves before. I got 4 pulls and that was apparently the best. A 48 hp increase was as expected, but only 15 torque increase seems low.

Feel free to speculate and comment on the oddities.

"They call me Mister Tibbs!"

2008 Tuscani GT V6
Injen CAI - headers - custom Borla exhaust - HIDs
BBC = BRING BACK CLARKSON
post #83 of 83 Old 11-13-2016, 03:50 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Patricki7
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Tibbs View Post
Finally went back to the dyno the other day after running with the S/C for a while now. I couldn't find a separate F/I dyno thread plus this gives a good idea of differences when adding a blower on the SAME dyno, so I figured to post here.

The only changes to the car were adding the Stage 0 NGM, porting of the TB from 55 to 58-59 mm and colder spark plugs (and 93 petrol). The new numbers:

There are some anomalies present, and the guys at the shop said they had a hard time finding the right gear to do it in. The peak numbers are off because there was a quick spike at redline. The actual maxes are about 171 torques and 193 hp. Also not sure what to make of the huge dip at 4780 rpm. Wheel slippage, intake/exhaust harmonics, blower efficiency, just got partway off the throttle? They didn't really give me an answer on that, but it certainly looks odd. Definitely not as smooth as the stockish curves before. I got 4 pulls and that was apparently the best. A 48 hp increase was as expected, but only 15 torque increase seems low.

Feel free to speculate and comment on the oddities.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.