Sticky Gas Pedal! - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
#1 Old 08-25-2011, 07:52 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GreatLakesTuscani will become famous soon enoughGreatLakesTuscani will become famous soon enough
(Thread Starter)
Unhappy Sticky Gas Pedal!

this is a problem to me, my gas pedal, as you push it in, is tuff to push in like its sticking during a certain point. but if u push it hard it budges but it instantly kicks my rpms. i replaced my flywheel, pressure plate, and timing belt and it got aloootttt better but its still semi there and not the smoothest touch. now when u push it, it has little resistance but its still there. my friend suggested cleaning my air intake (i dont know how so any guides will be nice). what should i do to fix this? thanks for the help!

Not Built For Your Approval
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-30-2011, 03:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
macsta187
Re: Sticky Gas Petal!

Make sure the throttle cable ends or the trottlebody isn't sticking.

百パーセントStock...
お金がない。ない! くっそ。
#3 Old 08-30-2011, 04:32 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
ViCiouS_TiBuroN is a glorious beacon of lightViCiouS_TiBuroN is a glorious beacon of lightViCiouS_TiBuroN is a glorious beacon of lightViCiouS_TiBuroN is a glorious beacon of lightViCiouS_TiBuroN is a glorious beacon of lightViCiouS_TiBuroN is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Sticky Gas Pedal!

throttle cable or the bolt/whatever the pedal pivots on could be sticking

2005 GT Tiburon - SOLD - AEM | 5Zigen | R1 | Seibon | ARK
2010 370z Sport - Daily Driver - Takeda | Z1 | Fast Intentions | Akebono | KW | STANCE | H&R | Stillen | Osirus
2005 ZX6R - Weekend Warrior - PCIII | Akropovic | EBK | Vortex

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm not a mod, but I'm awesome. Ask me anything.
#4 Old 08-30-2011, 08:03 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
ontariotibv6 will become famous soon enough

My pedal got that way. Like it would hang up and release so throttle control was not smooth. I sprayed some down the end of the throttle cable at the end by the tb. It smoothed out the pedal movement and the sticking never returned. The cable itself gets so it doesn't slide freely inside the black casing/tube. Try that and see if it helps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

05 Tib Tuscani: AEM CAI, Injen SES, Megan SS coils, Poly MM, B&M STS, TWM bushings, RRM strutbar, Clutch Slave Mod, Black RR eyelines, 6K HID, Pioneer->MTX->JL10".
#5 Old 08-30-2011, 11:05 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Jtib40

Mine was like that too, i sprayed it down and no more squeak
#6 Old 08-30-2011, 11:18 AM
Always Here To Help

TibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of lightTibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of lightTibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of lightTibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of lightTibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of light

Yea... your intake will have nothing to do with the pedal sticking... you need to lube the cable at the TB. you can use a dry teflon lube, as it works SOOOO much better than WD-40. it will cling to the cable and you'll be all set.

*** The Helper-Mod of The People ***

Current Modded Toys List: GSXR-650, IceBear 150cc Scooter, Manco 6.5hp Go-Kart, 4x4 Ranger 4.0L
#7 Old 08-30-2011, 12:19 PM

saikoi

I've Ben having this issue off and on...completely random times. It kind day feels like when air is caught in a brake line. Glad to know the solution is to just spray a cable.

FOR SALE / PART OUT : 2003 TIBURON GT V6 w/ 6-SPD : 88k miles : PM for more info!!! Located in Lancaster/Lititz, PA (17543)
#8 Old 05-19-2013, 04:57 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

harmonicbliss is an unknown quantity at this point

I never would have thought of teflon spray! For me, what worked best was to bend the cable clips a little farther open, since they were apparently pinching the cable too hard. I also used some throttle body cleaner to clear out all the gunk that made the valve stick a little.
#9 Old 05-19-2013, 06:14 PM
Still the same me...

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Charlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonicbliss View Post
I never would have thought of teflon spray! For me, what worked best was to bend the cable clips a little farther open, since they were apparently pinching the cable too hard. I also used some throttle body cleaner to clear out all the gunk that made the valve stick a little.
I use Lock-Eze (graphite) down the cable & spray on white lithium lube or silicone spray at the TB pivot.

BTW, unless it's a "stickie", don't bump threads over ~2 months old since the last post.

Wifes car: 2004 Tib GT, 2.7L, 5MT, 148K miles, medium blue, basically stock.
My car: 1998 Legacy GT wagon, 2.5L, 5MT, 176K miles, "Quicksilver", not stock and not slow...

"life is lived, one corner at a time".

Best NT.com '13 New-Comer, NT.com '13 Technical Advise & Info (runner-up), NT.com '13 Non-Tib (3rd) .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.