The NEW V6 Definitive Exhaust Thread - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 151 Old 07-20-2012, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
caconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud of
(Thread Starter)
The NEW V6 Definitive Exhaust Thread

Alright guys,
It has come to my attention that our current definitive exhaust sticky and our exhaust sound clip sticky (both now deleted) are very outdated, so i believe it is in order to start a new one worth some merit.

This thread is going to be a group effort with all the members of the site to post up their exhaust system and their thoughts of it. Im going to try and compose this thread similar to the v6 headers sticky. What I need:

ONE picture of your exhaust (I dont care if it is generic or just of the rear of the car. I need at least one)
Brand:
Price:
Pipe & Tailpipe Diameter:
Quality of build:
Quality of Sound:
Sound Loudness:
Other notes:

Also, at least one sound clip video for each brand of exhaust would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.

I encourage you all to look up these exhausts on youtube, as there are many different videos, but I will on post one for each to keep this post somewhat short

The scales will be on 1 - 10 basis, 1 being the worst/loudest and 10 being the best/most quiet (ex. 10 = stock loudness, where as 1 = hotrod loud) Multiple posts of the same exhaust system, I will add up and take the average from, for best accuracy. Then I will combine all posts into this OP for easy finding.

Custom Exhaust Section has been added at end of post

___________________________________________________________________________ _____________

Ill start:
Brand: DC Sports Exhaust
Price: $600 - $700
Pipe & Tailpipe diameter: 2.5"/4"
Quality of build: 9
Quality of Sound: 9
Sound Loudness: 6
Other Notes: none really. Excellent exhaust system

___________________________________________________________________________ ___________

Borla:
Price:$600-$700
Pipe Diameter: 2.25"
Quality of Sound: 10
Sound Loudness: 8
Other notes: If not for smaller piping size, this would be the best all around exhaust for the Tib IMO

___________________________________________________________________________ ___________

Aeon imports:
Price: $250
Pipe diameter: 2.25 or 2.5
Quality of build: 3
Quality of Sound: 9 -surprisingly good for the price
Other notes: poor quality metal, never really perfect fitment

Greddy Evo 2:
Price: $900
Pipe Diameter: 2.5"
Quality of build: 8
Quality of Sound: 4-very raspy
Sound Loudness: 3 very loud
Other notes: decent quality, good pipe size, sounds like crap IMO

SFR single
Price: $900 when it was in production
Pipe Diameter: 3"
Quality of build: 10
Quality of Sound: 6
Sound Loudness: 7
Other notes: Best for HP gains with FI, excellent build quality

Having trouble finding a video of this. If someone can post one up or link one, that would be much appreciated.

Ark N2 Dual Catback
Price:
Pipe Diameter:
Quality of build:
Quality of sound:
Sound Loudness
Other notes:

Brand: ARK DT-S V2 (Burned Tipped)
Price: Regular-$1379 Forum Discount- ~Paid $800 (July 4th discount a couple years ago)
Pipe & Tailpipe Diameter: 4.5" Diameter --- Pipe Dimension: 2.5" No Silencer

Apexi N1 dual exhaust
Price: about 800 to 900
Pipe Diameter: 2.5" pipe 4" outlet
Other notes: Great build and looks amazing. Nice sound and perfect fitment

___________________________________________________________________________ ______

Brand: OBX Type-R Catback Exhaust
Price: $399.00
Pipe & Tailpipe Diameter: 2.5''
Sound Loudness: 3
Other notes: This exhaust can be heard from waaaaayyyyy down the road. As amazing as this exhaust sounds (honestly I think it sounds a bit like an ARK exhaust), you WILL sacrifice your car's sound system due to how loud it is.

___________________________________________________________________________ ______

Brand: eBay 2.5" Stainless Steel Cat-back from '4CarOption' seller..
Price: $176.00 + shipping
Pipe & Tailpipe Diameter: 2.5" Piping, 4.5" Tip
Quality of build: 5
Quality of Sound: 8
Other notes: I gave a 5 on Quality of build due to the tips not being even once installed, all the welds are perfect and very pretty though. Sounds very good for the price, no rasp and is not TOO loud. It just has a nice deep tone which is only a little louder than standard at idle. Has a small amount of drone at 100km/h but anything below that is negligible..

Custom Exhaust Systems

Brand: Custom quad exhaust
Price: $200
Pipe & Tailpipe diameter: 3.25
Quality of build: 7
Quality of Sound: 7
Sound Loudness: 8.5
Other Notes: I dont think it gains an HP, looks nice though.

Brand: Custom Dual Magnaflow cat delete exhaust
Price: 350$
Pipe & Tailpipe diameter: 3.25in with a 4in tip
Quality of Sound: 8
Sound Loudness: judge by vid.

Custom build with Flowmaster Super 44
Price: $300
Pipe Diameter: 2.5"/ Tips are 4" x 18" long
Sound Loudness: 3
Other notes: Had lots of cabin drone until I bought the sound proofing kit from Shark Racing. Now its perfect

Brand: Magnaflow
Price: $2100 Australian Dollars, including labor and piping.
Pipe & Tailpipe diameter: 2.25"
Other Notes:I believe I lost a bit of torque and gained plenty of power (no dyno to prove). Though keep in mind I worked on Stage 4 manifolds, 60mm TB and intake before full exhaust which I suspect would of notably increased torque when exhaust was stock. In my honest opinion, for anyone who wishes to follow the N/A route, 2.25" is perfect, even if you plan to cam (mild).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTz0gsZ8RO0

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caconman424
I search my user-name for threads that I havent replied to, just to see who is talking about me
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JP for President 2012!!

Last edited by caconman424; 03-25-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 151 Old 07-20-2012, 12:01 PM
Retired Staff

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Will51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another level
Re: The NEW V6 Definitive Exhaust Thread

These are not necessarily mine personally, but, ones I've installed/worked on and therefore can compare against each other

Borla:
Price:$600-$700
Pipe Diameter: 2.25"
Other notes: If not for smaller piping size, this would be the best all around exhaust for the Tib IMO

Aeon imports:
Price: $250
Pipe diameter: 2.5
Quality of build: 3
Quality of Sound: 9 -surprisingly good for the price
Other notes: poor quality metal, never really perfect fitment

Greddy Evo 2:
Price: $900
Pipe Diameter: 2.5"
Quality of Sound: 4-very raspy
Sound Loudness: 3 very loud
Other notes: decent quality, good pipe size, sounds like crap IMO

SFR single
Price: $900 when it was in production
Pipe Diameter: 3"
Quality of Sound: 6
Other notes: Best for HP gains with FI, excellent build quality

No pic found

For quickest response regarding ZMR Mods please email me at

Last edited by Will51; 07-20-2012 at 12:02 PM.
post #3 of 151 Old 07-20-2012, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

caconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud of
(Thread Starter)

Added. Thanks will

Quote:
I search my user-name for threads that I havent replied to, just to see who is talking about me
JP for President 2012!!

post #4 of 151 Old 07-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Retired Staff

Will51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another level

No problem, I'll be upgrading mine soon with a new catback, when I decide what I'm getting I'll add that as well.

post #5 of 151 Old 07-20-2012, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

(Thread Starter)

Sounds good, ill be waiting for it man

Quote:
JP for President 2012!!
post #6 of 151 Old 07-20-2012, 03:46 PM
ERMAHGERD, ERM AH MERD!

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
brooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud of

transfer all the sound clips

post #7 of 151 Old 07-20-2012, 04:11 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
tibby07 is just really nicetibby07 is just really nicetibby07 is just really nice

Just an FYI, unless Aeon imports has changed the exhaust, mine was only 2 1/4" in diameter... not the 2.5" they list in the specs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
robot cry solo.

how's that for a cool story bro anagram....
post #8 of 151 Old 07-20-2012, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooni23 View Post
transfer all the sound clips
But we have the sticky for the exhaust sound clips thread for that

Quote:
JP for President 2012!!
post #9 of 151 Old 07-20-2012, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibby07 View Post
Just an FYI, unless Aeon imports has changed the exhaust, mine was only 2 1/4" in diameter... not the 2.5" they list in the specs.
Ill change it then, thanks

Quote:
JP for President 2012!!
post #10 of 151 Old 07-20-2012, 10:24 PM
Retired Staff

Interesting, maybe it just depends on what they feel like shipping. Mine is 2.5".

post #11 of 151 Old 07-21-2012, 09:24 AM
ERMAHGERD, ERM AH MERD!

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
brooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by caconman424 View Post
But we have the sticky for the exhaust sound clips thread for that
ahh i thought it was just one thread. carry on

post #12 of 151 Old 07-21-2012, 09:55 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Spartacus is a glorious beacon of lightSpartacus is a glorious beacon of lightSpartacus is a glorious beacon of lightSpartacus is a glorious beacon of lightSpartacus is a glorious beacon of light

Well, the exhaust soundclip thread is a complete mess. Its from 2004, so most of the links are to geocities and acidbath, which obviously don't work anymore.

post #13 of 151 Old 07-25-2012, 11:21 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Miiitchhh

Does anyone have an opinion on Ark N2 Dual catback?

So far its the sexiest sound ive heard, is it ricey in person??

South Florida

Last edited by Miiitchhh; 07-25-2012 at 11:23 AM.
post #14 of 151 Old 07-25-2012, 11:28 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Miiitchhh

cause i notice its only 2.5 inch piping... is there anything similar sounding with 3+inch? i like deeper rumbles, cant stand ricey sounding civic crap haha....

and is it even possible to have truely dual exhaust on a tib? does it fit?

South Florida
post #15 of 151 Old 07-25-2012, 11:31 AM
NewTiburon.com God

bloodycliff is a splendid one to beholdbloodycliff is a splendid one to beholdbloodycliff is a splendid one to beholdbloodycliff is a splendid one to beholdbloodycliff is a splendid one to beholdbloodycliff is a splendid one to beholdbloodycliff is a splendid one to behold

You should put sound clips of each exhast directly after the specs. It would be easy to listen to and compare that way

Performance
Weapons-R Secret SRI / RPW Equal Length Headers / Borla Exhaust

Style
Zefiro Ronda BodyKit / Focal F10 Rims / VIS Cyber Carbon Fiber Hood
post #16 of 151 Old 07-25-2012, 11:33 AM
NewTiburon.com God

bloodycliff is a splendid one to beholdbloodycliff is a splendid one to beholdbloodycliff is a splendid one to beholdbloodycliff is a splendid one to beholdbloodycliff is a splendid one to beholdbloodycliff is a splendid one to beholdbloodycliff is a splendid one to behold

Also looks like you need ssa. Obx. Injen. Bagpipers and all the arks...and pit a few custom builds with sound clips and price points

Performance

Style
post #17 of 151 Old 07-25-2012, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodycliff View Post
Also looks like you need ssa. Obx. Injen. Bagpipers and all the arks...and pit a few custom builds with sound clips and price points
Price points? Go on...

Still waiting for people to throw in their experiences with those exhaust systems.

Im not going to add in exhaust clips since, their are several for each exhaust, we have a whole other thread for that, and I dont want the OP to get over loaded and be 20 miles long.

But, if everyone really wants, I can figure something out, and maybe start a new sticky for the exhaust clips.

Quote:
JP for President 2012!!
post #18 of 151 Old 07-25-2012, 12:00 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Miiitchhh

Quote:
Price points? Go on...

Still waiting for people to throw in their experiences with those exhaust systems.

Im not going to add in exhaust clips since, their are several for each exhaust, we have a whole other thread for that, and I dont want the OP to get over loaded and be 20 miles long.

But, if everyone really wants, I can figure something out, and maybe start a new sticky for the exhaust clips.
yes please

South Florida
post #19 of 151 Old 07-25-2012, 02:01 PM
NewTiburon.com God

I would do just 2 or 3 good ones for each exhast

Performance

Style
post #20 of 151 Old 07-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Banned

Doomsday Postcard is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodycliff View Post
I would do just 2 or 3 good ones for each exhast
I 2nd this^^^

I have had both the Ark N2 and Borla...borla is much more quiet and better for non-aspirated...
post #21 of 151 Old 07-31-2012, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

(Thread Starter)

Alright, since the v6 exhaust sound clip thread seems to contain several dead links, I will now incorporate new clips into this thread. To do this, I will need you guys to post up clips so I can add them to the original post.

Also, the exhaust sound clip will most likely be deleted. i will be putting in my own time to try and get this thread loaded with info so bare with me.

Quote:
JP for President 2012!!

Last edited by caconman424; 07-31-2012 at 11:01 PM.
post #22 of 151 Old 07-31-2012, 10:49 PM
Banned

Doomsday Postcard is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Alright, since the v6 exhaust sound clip thread seems to contain several dead links, I will now incorporate new clips into this thread. To do this, I will need you guys to post up clips so I can add them to the original post.

Last edited by Doomsday Postcard; 09-12-2012 at 05:49 PM.
post #23 of 151 Old 07-31-2012, 11:17 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Tibanator has a spectacular aura aboutTibanator has a spectacular aura about

will a knock off exhaust system be acceptable?

Albuquerque Tiburon club web page

<ShakesBEER> ahaha "Tibanator" "I come from the future to change the past. I need to kill all Subaru!"
<Tibanator> my nick name came from my friend when my tib beat a wrx turbo, he said damn this is the terminator so ill call it the tibanator.
post #24 of 151 Old 08-01-2012, 01:16 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibanator View Post
will a knock off exhaust system be acceptable?
Yep. Any system is allowed, just try and fill out the format I have listed in the OP.

Quote:
JP for President 2012!!
post #25 of 151 Old 08-01-2012, 01:33 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
maze1291 is a glorious beacon of lightmaze1291 is a glorious beacon of lightmaze1291 is a glorious beacon of lightmaze1291 is a glorious beacon of lightmaze1291 is a glorious beacon of light
Garage

+1 rep for the coconutmodman

Breaking things is just an opportunity to make them better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.