Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

A better TPS?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  rtmpgt 
#1 ·
I ordered an "OES Genuine Throttle Position Sensor" from amazon recently because it was only $23 and I love taking risks on low priced aftermarket parts. Actually, I'm just cheap. What I received was an OEM KIA 35170-37100FFF TPS.

Now I know the Hyundai part number is the same minus the FFF, so I googled the KIA part number and found some info stating that this TPS is an improved version made for Optima's and Sportage's that have hesitation issues. Here's the service bulletin...

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/kiatech01/2010-06-16_000827_ENG038_DIST_20071126.pdf

I don't know if the same problem TPS was ever used in the tib or not, but I can say mine has been idling and running a lot smoother since installing this TPS.

The idle throttle position now reads 5.1% vs. 11% with the original. This is in the range it's supposed to be in. I forgot to check what the WOT % is.

Anyway, if you're in the market for a new TPS I suggest you give this one a try.

#3 ·
There's a way to check it in the manual. As far as i know there's certain resistance levels the TPS must comply to in order to allow for the ECU to talk with it.

Also, keep in mind that there is two 2.7 engines. The Mu and the Delta. The Mu is slightly different, as it has CVVT, whilst the Delta (Seen in our cars) has a fixed intake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.