LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
#1 Old 02-02-2010, 10:55 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GtTiburonV6 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
rubbing noise when driving slow

When I am going slow I hear this nose that sounds like the brakes or rubbing or something but it doesnt make a sound when im braking. Also I barely have any hand brake left, I can pull the handle up with ease.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-02-2010, 11:24 AM
NewTiburon.com Professional

bumbleski will become famous soon enough
Re: rubbing noise when driving slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtTiburonV6 View Post
When I am going slow I hear this nose that sounds like the brakes or rubbing or something but it doesnt make a sound when im braking. Also I barely have any hand brake left, I can pull the handle up with ease.
Well, disc brakes always rub unlike drum brakes so that might be a cause. How many miles on the brakes? Maybe you are hearing a wear sensor.
Also, the loose hand brake can be readjusted, I think there is a dyi for it. Check your rear brakes first tho because the looseness might be caused by worn out pads. If the pads are good, the cable can be adjusted to correct for wear and/or cable stretching.

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish

Ultra Racing Lower Front Chassis Bar, Front Strut Bar, Chassis/Room Bar, Ultra Racing Rear 23mm Rear Sway bar, Injen SRI, Billet Grill, Fog Light Surrounds, Tuscani Badging, Tuscani Floor Mats, Numerous Interior Alum Trim mods, DD led Mods, Rear Mussa Tailights, 07 Snowflake Wheels Powdercoated White, Curt trailer hitch, Roof Spoiler.
#3 Old 02-02-2010, 11:36 AM
NewTiburon.com God

mbradley2020 will become famous soon enoughmbradley2020 will become famous soon enough

Could be a wheel bearing. Or a dust cover rubbing your rotor. My bet is on the wheel bearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscani Joe GT View Post
I PHUCKING LOVE YOU !~!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Rally Red GT, T Badged, CIW Wheels, Custom Exhaust, Poly MMs, Nightshaded Tails, STS, Spec / Findanza Combo.
#4 Old 02-03-2010, 12:15 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

GtTiburonV6 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)

Well I dont know how many miles are on these brakes cause I just bought the car In August of last year and its a '03. But there is 93,XXX on the car itself
#5 Old 03-15-2010, 11:12 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

joeyinthemix is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! i just had the same or more or less the same issue, it was a rubbing noise when i turned left mostly and or at slow speeds. the rotors are new so are the pads...after 3 weeks i finally figured it out, in my case the LEFT rear caliper was misaligned. i took a level and found a diff of -.5 cm. on the bottom screw. so what i did was put a metal spacer with that width (.5cm) and tighted the screws and done. im a happy tiburon driver once again, hope it helps!
#6 Old 03-30-2010, 02:22 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

nicknos is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah i would figure out what side the noise is coming from and take off your caliper and check your sliders and check to see if the piston in the caliper is sticking alittle ...i wouldn't think its your wheel bearing unless you hear it all the time like at high and low speed but to be safe maybe check them out too.

NICHOLAS NAUSS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.