Who Has XXR 522's? Post Pics Of Your Setup! - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
#1 Old 01-28-2011, 09:50 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
djeterss
(Thread Starter)
Who Has XXR 522's? Post Pics Of Your Setup!

Ok I made this thread cause i'm planning on getting a set! My only concern is there 18" 8.5 with a 48mm offset which is standard for these wheels. Now I plan on throwing some 225/40's on them and I'm also at stock height. Need to know which rubs, front/back or both. Which did you have to roll, front or back and how much roll did you do or apply. Please post pics to give me a better idea of wht I'm looking at. Stock height pics are preferred but feel free to post pics of them on your car anyways! Thanx for all the info and help.

(I know the wht will/wht won't rub thread is posted and have clicked tht thread a dozen times or more to gain and gather Info about wht I'm asking. Just wanted to create this thread exclusively for these rims)

Djeterss

Past---'03 Silver Tib i4 2.0 160hp. Modded (Traded 8/18/13)

Present---'06 Silver Infiniti G35 Coupe 3.5L V6 280hp. (Got 8/18/13)

FB-Tommy Pengilly aka "Tiburon Addiction" Fb Group
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-28-2011, 10:03 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Koreandude is a name known to allKoreandude is a name known to allKoreandude is a name known to allKoreandude is a name known to allKoreandude is a name known to allKoreandude is a name known to all
Re: Who Has XXR 522's? Post Pics Of Your Setup!

I can't answer your question directly as I don't own XXR 522's but maybe I can help.

My setup consists of 17x8 35mm offset with 235/40/17's and I had to roll the rear fender lip. It was only a slight rub though.

I'm worried your 48mm offset may not be aggressive enough and that you may rub the spring perch on the strut possibly. Perhaps a 10mm spacer could solve this if thats the case.

As for the fronts, my setup is about 95% ok. That 5% is when my suspension compresses enough the front tires skim the plastic fender liner but that RARELY happens and is usually the result of a really deep dip or me carrying a very heavy load. I could just trim it out. The front wheels/tires otherwise do not hit the actual fender or suspension even at full wheel lock left to right.

Oh btw, a 235/40/17 tire in height is about the same as a 225/40/18.

Go to this website if you want to compare tire and rim combinations. Its a great tire and wheel calculation tool that I use often and works well.

2011 Nord Grey Gen Coupe 3.8 Track 6 Speed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Koreandude; 01-31-2011 at 10:27 AM.
#3 Old 01-30-2011, 03:17 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

bjbj18 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have 17x8 +35 XXR 522's with 215/45/17 tires and have no rubbing at all. Mind you i am rolled in the back but its still not even close to rubbing.

2003 Silver Tiburon SE I4/5-Speed
Custom 2.25" exhaust, Header, Injen CAI, Ark Strut Bar, KYB-GR2 struts, Tein springs

1/4 Mile time 16.61 @ 84 MPH
#4 Old 01-30-2011, 03:46 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Jiszo is a splendid one to beholdJiszo is a splendid one to beholdJiszo is a splendid one to beholdJiszo is a splendid one to beholdJiszo is a splendid one to beholdJiszo is a splendid one to behold

18x8.5 30 offset/ 18x9.5 38 offset

Former tib owner....
#5 Old 01-30-2011, 04:26 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

morgans22 will become famous soon enough

ill have 522 or 527 in about 3 weeks !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#6 Old 01-30-2011, 06:53 PM
NewTiburon.com God

djeterss
(Thread Starter)

I was told tht the 18x 8.5 were a 48mm offset. Please don't flame me for asking this ? But what does the offset mean? Does it have anything to do with how far the spokes stick out from the lip? Or no

Djeterss

#7 Old 01-30-2011, 06:56 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Montmont has a spectacular aura aboutMontmont has a spectacular aura aboutMontmont has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by djeterss View Post
I was told tht the 18x 8.5 were a 48mm offset. Please don't flame me for asking this ? But what does the offset mean? Does it have anything to do with how far the spokes stick out from the lip? Or no
Google is your friend....http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/...jsp?techid=101

Quote:
Offset

The offset of a wheel is the distance from its hub mounting surface to the centerline of the wheel. The offset can be one of three types (measured in millimeters).*

Zero Offset

The hub mounting surface is even with the centerline of the wheel.

Positive

The hub mounting surface is toward the front or wheel side of the wheel. Positive offset wheels are generally found on front wheel drive cars and newer rear drive cars.

Negative

The hub mounting surface is toward the back or brake side of the wheels centerline. "Deep dish" wheels are typically a negative offset.
If the offset of the wheel is not correct for the car, the handling can be adversely affected. When the width of the wheel changes, the offset also changes numerically. If the offset were to stay the same while you added width, the additional width would be split evenly between the inside and outside. For most cars, this won't work correctly. We have test fitted thousands of different vehicles for proper fitment. Our extensive database allows our sales staff to offer you the perfect fit for your vehicle.
*Backspacing, similar to offset, is the distance from the hub mounting surface to the inside lip of the wheel (measured in inches).

#8 Old 01-30-2011, 06:59 PM
NewTiburon.com God

duds03tibby is just really niceduds03tibby is just really niceduds03tibby is just really niceduds03tibby is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by djeterss View Post
Zero Offset

The hub mounting surface is even with the centerline of the wheel.
Positive

The hub mounting surface is toward the front or wheel side of the wheel. Positive offset wheels are generally found on front wheel drive cars and newer rear drive cars.
Negative

The hub mounting surface is toward the back or brake side of the wheels centerline. "Deep dish" wheels are typically a negative offset.

If the offset of the wheel is not correct for the car, the handling can be adversely affected. When the width of the wheel changes, the offset also changes numerically. If the offset were to stay the same while you added width, the additional width would be split evenly between the inside and outside. For most cars, this won't work correctly. We have test fitted thousands of different vehicles for proper fitment. Our extensive database allows our sales staff to offer you the perfect fit for your vehicle.

Again Information from TireRack.

17x9 wheel w/ 0 offset.
9" will be split directly in the middle.
+20 offset: 94.3mm of rim on the outside or street side; 134.3mm of rim will be on the inside.

You can figure out how it will clear by measuring suspension. from bottom of suspension to hub. from there you can see where your offset has to be. if you have 5" of room then you can run a 17x9 +15mm offset without rubbing on suspension.

Understand?

Edit: I +1 you^^^ I was looking for this post i did a while back... Including same exact info... I wish people would search most days.
Also STICKIED IN THIS SECTION!: Official Fitment Info. Thread; Offsets,Spacers, Fender Work, Tire Setup and Alignment

Fail Wheel Drive is gone... Now it is time to get stuck in the snow!

Last edited by duds03tibby; 01-30-2011 at 07:06 PM.
#9 Old 01-30-2011, 07:43 PM
NewTiburon.com God

speedy is a name known to allspeedy is a name known to allspeedy is a name known to allspeedy is a name known to allspeedy is a name known to allspeedy is a name known to all

"Who has XXR 522's?"

Everyone.

And the will it rub thread has your answer. The style of wheel doesn't change the specs.

"People should not be afraid of their government. The government should be afraid of their people."
-V-

#10 Old 01-30-2011, 08:02 PM
NewTiburon.com God

JBLover will become famous soon enough

Current COTM:

__*** 2011 Car of the Month - Jan - Best Red Tiburon - Winner: kevin25 ***__
#11 Old 01-31-2011, 10:29 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Koreandude is a name known to allKoreandude is a name known to allKoreandude is a name known to allKoreandude is a name known to allKoreandude is a name known to allKoreandude is a name known to all

Wheel size comparator link fixed in post #2, fyi.

#12 Old 02-01-2011, 09:48 AM
NewTiburon.com God

BF15 has a spectacular aura aboutBF15 has a spectacular aura aboutBF15 has a spectacular aura about

i have 18x8.5 30mm offset. it does not rub. but if i was lowered i'd need to roll the fenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Blue View Post
Brian...I'm going to slay you if you don't stop making worthless threads....
less than 24 hours later
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Blue View Post
...I'm going to kill you...
the takahashi240 spellchecker... for those of us whom refuse to spellcheck even when there are mutiple ways readilly avaliable to us.... we simply just dont care..
#13 Old 02-01-2011, 11:15 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Blackcasper2005 will become famous soon enough

wow seem like the majority of the forum has these wheels

hmm is that a stanced sonata... maybe.....
#14 Old 02-01-2011, 11:26 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Jiszo is a splendid one to beholdJiszo is a splendid one to beholdJiszo is a splendid one to beholdJiszo is a splendid one to beholdJiszo is a splendid one to beholdJiszo is a splendid one to behold

There are like over 1000 mbrs on the forum and only 10 maybe 12 people have them. So thats not a majority of tibs. Its a popular inexpensive wheel that looks awesome on our cars. And its easier when someone else has them on the same car that you have so you can picture them on your car and not have to guess what they would llok like

Former tib owner....
#15 Old 02-01-2011, 11:58 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiszo View Post
There are like over 1000 mbrs on the forum and only 10 maybe 12 people have them. So thats not a majority of tibs. Its a popular inexpensive wheel that looks awesome on our cars. And its easier when someone else has them on the same car that you have so you can picture them on your car and not have to guess what they would llok like
I think it's similarity to the Volk TE37's at a MUCH cheaper price attest to it's popularity.

Of course these aren't forged like the TE37's but hey, the lightweight and strength may not be justified by the large price gap. I don't blame them! Thats why I purchased RPF1's.

MAT casting process produces a strong lighter rim than normal casting. Not forged, but hey, 200-250 a rim isn't bad!

#16 Old 02-01-2011, 12:14 PM
NewTiburon.com God

duds03tibby is just really niceduds03tibby is just really niceduds03tibby is just really niceduds03tibby is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koreandude View Post
I think it's similarity to the Volk TE37's at a MUCH cheaper price attest to it's popularity.

Of course these aren't forged like the TE37's but hey, the lightweight and strength may not be justified by the large price gap. I don't blame them! Thats why I purchased RPF1's.

MAT casting process produces a strong lighter rim than normal casting. Not forged, but hey, 200-250 a rim isn't bad!
They are no where near the TE37s.... 6 spoke these are 7 spoke if you look in the wheel/tire/suspension i wrote up a thread a while back about Knock off wheels...

Edit:
SSK 031/Rota Grids/ VarroStoen 2.2.2 are direct knock offs of the TE37s.
Volk TE37

SSK031

XXR522 & Axis Halo knock offs of GP Sports Gravity Gullflame
GP Sports Gravity Gullflame

XXR 522

Replica Wheel Thread

Last edited by duds03tibby; 02-01-2011 at 12:30 PM.
#17 Old 02-01-2011, 01:18 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Point taken, but I did say "similar" and not "knockoff".

As for me it reminded me of TE37's to some degree and that opinion has been shared with me among some friends locally who have the 522's on their vehicles.

But for sure, the SSK's are definitely a knockoff!

#18 Old 02-01-2011, 03:01 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koreandude View Post
Point taken, but I did say "similar" and not "knockoff".

As for me it reminded me of TE37's to some degree and that opinion has been shared with me among some friends locally who have the 522's on their vehicles.

But for sure, the SSK's are definitely a knockoff!
I was just letting you know... If you would call someone GP Gullflames TE37 someone might punch you haha...

Kinda like BBS and Cornea or somthing like that is knockoffs...

The thing that sucks about SSK's is they only come in 15s and 16s...

#19 Old 02-01-2011, 04:26 PM
NewTiburon.com God

speedy is a name known to allspeedy is a name known to allspeedy is a name known to allspeedy is a name known to allspeedy is a name known to allspeedy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiszo View Post
Over 1,000 members and over 5,000 wheel choices.

"People should not be afraid of their government. The government should be afraid of their people."
-V-

#20 Old 02-01-2011, 04:38 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Blackcasper2005 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Over 1,000 members and over 5,000 wheel choices.
This is true

hmm is that a stanced sonata... maybe.....
#21 Old 02-01-2011, 04:56 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Either way its your car so you do what makes you happy . Like your green wheels. Alot of people may not like them but who cares what others think cuz its your car and you paid for them . Xxr are hot wheels right now with great prices. Not everyone wants to or can spend $800_$1500 on just the wheels alone. Im not arguing im just saying . It all comes down to the $$

Former tib owner....

Last edited by Jiszo; 02-01-2011 at 05:02 PM.
#22 Old 02-01-2011, 06:51 PM
NewTiburon.com God

djeterss
(Thread Starter)

Can anyone clear this ? Up for me. The standard Offset on these wheels tht are 18x 8.5 is 48mm right. That's wht I was told by someone who sells xxr's. Or is there actually other offsets for tht size. Please let me know.

Djeterss

#23 Old 02-01-2011, 07:10 PM
NewTiburon.com God

for the 18 x 8.5 the offsets are 48mm or 30 mm .

Former tib owner....
#24 Old 02-02-2011, 12:40 PM
NewTiburon.com God

check out nlsmotorsports... they are the most informational about xxr prices and sizes.

#25 Old 02-02-2011, 06:41 PM
NewTiburon.com God

djeterss
(Thread Starter)

So which offset is better with those rims with no rub?

Djeterss

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.