Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Tiburon Complete Strut Assemblies?

6K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  alexzhino 
#1 ·
I'm working on a co-workers car and hes getting all 4 struts replaced, (first time in 180k mi)...

Are there no complete strut assemblies for these cars? :surprise:

Was trying to get all new parts and save him some labor costs... but it looks like UNITY is the only company with a complete assembly, and the reviews are junk haha. Still have to call the dealer.

Anyone have any leads on a complete strut assembly?

#2 ·
Complete?, as in, "Strut, spring, bellows & tophat" already assembled? You can buy all these parts from lots of places like RockAuto (a NT forum sponsor) and put it together.

#3 ·
Usually you can buy these assemblies complete for not too much more. Like a toyota camry I just did. Strut was like 20$ cheaper than the full kit. And by not having to build them, it saves the customer labor charges.

One of the first vehicles ive seen without a complete kit offered.

#4 ·
A lot depends on the car, some Toyota's sell 100K+ cars a year, when the Tib was out, I'm sure they sold a lot less than that.
If there is no/little market for something, you won't find it.

#5 · (Edited)
I can only find one company that makes/made complete assemblies for the tib. They only offer a "non-sport" version and a lowering kit version that includes all four assemblies. The company is called Unity Automotive.

Unfortunately RockAuto only carries three of the four standard assemblies....

FL - 11111
FR - 11112
RL - 15081
RR - 15082 (not stocked)
Complete lowering kit - 98400 ($386.79)

You can get both rears on ebay or through the ebay sellers website (completestruts). They also have a set of all four for $407

Complete set...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-St...988809?fits=Model:Tiburon&hash=item43dc30b689

Rears...
Rear Complete Struts Coil Springs w Mounts Pair for 03 08 Hyundai Tiburon | eBay

Fronts...
Front Complete Struts Coil Springs w Mounts Pair for 03 08 Hyundai Tiburon | eBay

Lowering kit (cheaper at RockAuto)...
Complete Struts Performance lowering Kit 1 5" Drop for 03 08 Hyundai Tiburon X4 | eBay
Front

#6 ·
Me and a buddy just replaced a front passenger strut on mine, the strut mount was completely worn away and the whole strut came loose when I hit a big bump. It was $80 for a new strut and $55 for a new strut mount from a local parts store, and we had to rent a spring compressor. The hardest part was getting some of the bolts loose on the old strut and stabilizer bar linkage; lubricating them didn't work, and propane wasn't even hot enough, we ended up using MAPP gas to heat everything around it until they would come free. After that everything went together really well though, and for much less than the $540 repair shop quote I got.

#7 · (Edited)
Im looking at getting the monroes from rock auto for him, 414$ for all 4 struts, mounts, coil insulators, and bumpers.

They dont have an option for GT or NON GT, so Im assuming they should all be fine.

Edit: Checked advanced autos site, only the non gt came with a 2.0 and the gt came with the 2.7 were good to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.