New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums - View Single Post - NGM reflash issue, suggestions needed. Long.
View Single Post
post #2 of Old 07-17-2019, 01:31 PM
dmdicks
NewTiburon.com Post Master

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1060 Post(s)
dmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to behold
Re: NGM reflash issue, suggestions needed. Long.

The problem is you've got some many band aid "fixes" trying to get a reflashed stock ECU to handle all the mods you've done. I'll start with some of the obvious issues I see:

1) Your running a much larger intake pipe with I'm guessing some of recalibrated/hacked MAF sensor that can measure the flow of 17+ psi. The problem with that is that the stock ECU even in reflashed form was designed for a certain voltage to flow range. Putting a larger MAF means adjusting the rang to fit the needed higher flow rate. So say the stock ECU has a max capability of 16 MAF load cells that correlate to certain flow rates. This may work great for a NA set up but now you've added 17psi of positive pressure in the mix. The problem arises when you need a MUCH broader range of load vs volt load cells but your capped at the max 16 the ECU can support. This can leave you with pretty large gaps in the tune in the low to mid throttle range depending on how the scale was tweaked. NGM tuned most of his reflashes for WOT running without much care taken with the other load areas of a map.

2) You mention using the J&S safeguard. Again this is a band aid fix for improper tuning. A proper reflash would've accounted for all the load variables and adjusted timing accordingly. The Hyundai ECU doesn't like to have its timing externally messed with so this could be causing issues as well.

3) You mention the NEO being installed. Yet another band aid variable added to the mix. NEO's are "OK" with low boost setups where you don't have to pull too much MAF voltage out to tune in slightly larger injectors. Are you trying to use the NEO to help clean up a poor reflash or you trying to go above what the reflash was intended for?

4) You mention you have a AEM wideband. Is it only one wideband? With my Haltech Elite I've seen tune variances between banks of up to +/- 15%. with only one wideband you would have no way to know if a particular bank is running lean. Not a good idea.

5) Ask yourself this question. If all the money you've invested thus far worth limping along with bandaid fixes that could potentially destroy your very expensive motor?

Huffin E85 and lovin every minute of it!!

Hit me up on gmail chat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome