New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums - View Single Post - NGM reflash issue, suggestions needed. Long.
View Single Post
post #4 of Old 07-17-2019, 05:17 PM
dmdicks
NewTiburon.com Post Master

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1060 Post(s)
dmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to behold
Ive had a lot of experience in trying to make the stock ecu happy under boost. A reflashed ecu should already be happy but unless it was tuned on your car its a crap shoot. Im guessing NGM tuned the ecu to go into open loop as soon as it sees a maf voltage that correlates to a flow value equal to zero psi. I bet he did this so the ecu switches to less agressive timing maps as well as stops the ecu from trying to reach stoich afr. Throw in meth injection that is not ecu controlled and your afr control is garbage. Meth is also a band aid for a ineffective cooling system.
The J&S system is decent but designed for older ecus with sluggish knock retard. I have a feeling NGM didn't mess with optimizing timing and knock sensitivity so his solution was use the safe guard. Does the safeguard rely on its own knock sensors?

Huffin E85 and lovin every minute of it!!

Hit me up on gmail chat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome