New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums - View Single Post - NGM reflash issue, suggestions needed. Long.
View Single Post
post #15 of Old 07-24-2019, 10:15 AM
dmdicks
NewTiburon.com Post Master

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1060 Post(s)
dmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to behold
Re: NGM reflash issue, suggestions needed. Long.

He was probably trying the O2 Sims in an attempt to trick the ECU into thinking it still had the cat convertors installed. The ECU monitors the voltage sweep on the secondary O2 sensors and compares that sweep to the primaries to determine if the catalyst is still functioning as expected. If it finds things out of whack it will retard timing and add fuel in attempts to clean up things. Was really only a problem with 05+ ECUs. 03-04 were a lot less stringent.

Chances are the trickery didn't work and he found the flag that disables the secondary O2 monitoring.

As far as the knock sensors being triggered by the blower, I guess its possible, but chances are the ECU was actually seeing real detonation. Part of the reflash should've included adjusting the knock sensitivity to account for false knock frequencies. I'm guessing he didn't want to or didn't know how to mess with that so he just turned them off and used meth injection to keep it from detonating.

Huffin E85 and lovin every minute of it!!

Hit me up on gmail chat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome