post #1 of 3 Old 03-04-2019, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
gt.tib.03 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Power advice for audio install

I previously made one long post but was told to break it into multiple...soo, I'm completely new to this forum. This is also my first forum to be apart of so I'm really new to all this so forgive me if I don't do things right. And I apologise beforehand- this is gonna be a lengthy post. I recently bought an 03 Tiburon. I had an electrical issue with the charging system but it's fixed for the most part (temporarily). The fuse on the cable between the alternator and battery keeps blowing so I had a mechanic rig up something so I can at least be able to drive it. I'm going to get this issue fixed before I install the sound system I plan on putting in the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-04-2019, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)
I'm completely overhauling the system, bypassing the factory wiring and amps, replacing the headunit, tweeters, mids, and sub. I've pretty much decided on the speakers for the mids and highs and the subs. Each mid-range speaker is rated 250w rms. I'm getting two subs, each rated at 1500w rms. The tweeters I'm going with are also rated at about 150w rms. I know I'm going to run two amps- one 4 channel for mids and a monoblock for subs. The 4 channel is rated at 250x4 rms. The monoblock is rated 3000x1 rms. I may or may not run a third amp for the tweeters. I haven't decided on that yet. I may run some aftermarket piezo tweets off the headunit and the other tweets (which are super bullet tweeters btw) off an amp.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-04-2019, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)
Regardless, I feel like the stock charging system won't be able to handle all this. It may handle the two amps for the mids and highs, since I've done that with a previous install with no issue but I've never ran three amps before. What upgrades should I need to do for this to work? Will I need a high output alternator? If so, what size and where could I get one from? Will I need another battery? If so, how do I go about installing a second battery? Again, I apologise for the long post and all the questions. I've been wanting to do an install like this for a while and have been looking long and hard for what speakers and amps I want. Now that I've decided, I'm wanting to be sure my electrical/charging system will be able to handle everything. Any advice and/or suggestions, links, etc will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in