post #1 of 27 Old 12-17-2009, 02:05 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
griffin021390 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
(Thread Starter)
Question turning radius

hey so one of the only things i'm really disappointed with my tib is the turning radius...it really suck in my opinion...has anyone else noticed this with their tibby or is there actually something wrong with my car? or am i just being too picky lol?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 12-17-2009, 02:06 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
ViCiouS_TiBuroN is a glorious beacon of lightViCiouS_TiBuroN is a glorious beacon of lightViCiouS_TiBuroN is a glorious beacon of lightViCiouS_TiBuroN is a glorious beacon of lightViCiouS_TiBuroN is a glorious beacon of lightViCiouS_TiBuroN is a glorious beacon of light
Re: turning radius

i agree, it sucks for being such a small car

2005 GT Tiburon - SOLD - AEM | 5Zigen | R1 | Seibon | ARK
2005 ZX6R Kawi - SOLD - PCIII | Akropovic | EBK | Vortex
2009 848 Ducati - Weekend Warrior - HMF | Ohlins | Pirelli Slicks
2010 370z Nissan - FOR SALE - Takeda | Z1 | Fast Intentions | Akebono | KWv3 | STANCE | H&R | Stillen | Osirus
2015 981CS - Coming Soon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 27 Old 12-17-2009, 02:24 AM
NewTiburon.com Post Master

Tuscani Joe GT has a reputation beyond reputeTuscani Joe GT has a reputation beyond reputeTuscani Joe GT has a reputation beyond reputeTuscani Joe GT has a reputation beyond reputeTuscani Joe GT has a reputation beyond reputeTuscani Joe GT has a reputation beyond reputeTuscani Joe GT has a reputation beyond reputeTuscani Joe GT has a reputation beyond repute

Has something to do with being FWD and the CV joints operation capacity i believe

i was reading about it somewhere but yeah we do have crappy turning radius

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MY OTHER RIDE PULLS YOURS OVER.
And my other ride is a Tree Fiddy Z

post #4 of 27 Old 12-17-2009, 03:26 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
The_Mo is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mo is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mo is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mo is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mo is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mo is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mo is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mo is a splendid one to behold

a perfectly executed 27 point turn will make short work of any annoyingly small turn...

coming soon:

post #5 of 27 Old 12-17-2009, 12:16 PM
3D-Printed Life

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
GK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud of
Garage

One of the first times I drove a Tib I've also noticed the turning radius isn't that good.

post #6 of 27 Old 12-17-2009, 02:24 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

Fallen will become famous soon enough

I agree also.
Whenever i do U-turns it just makes me hate the turning radius.
post #7 of 27 Old 12-17-2009, 02:26 PM

Tuscani Joe GT has a reputation beyond reputeTuscani Joe GT has a reputation beyond reputeTuscani Joe GT has a reputation beyond reputeTuscani Joe GT has a reputation beyond reputeTuscani Joe GT has a reputation beyond reputeTuscani Joe GT has a reputation beyond reputeTuscani Joe GT has a reputation beyond reputeTuscani Joe GT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
I agree also.
Whenever i do U-turns it just makes me hate the turning radius.
Thats why you gas it in the middle of the U turn and let the back end come loose...
oh wait you guys haven't done the Promo DIY RWD conversion i forgot... Noobs lol

post #8 of 27 Old 12-17-2009, 02:33 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
andbudzi has a spectacular aura aboutandbudzi has a spectacular aura aboutandbudzi has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscani Joe GT View Post
Has something to do with being FWD and the CV joints operation capacity i believe

i was reading about it somewhere but yeah we do have crappy turning radius
has to do with how things are laid out in suspension ... Europian FWD cars - Ford focus - turns on the dime

03 GT 6spd. t3/t4+:
CAI, SSA H/E, Stg3 Lower & Upper IM, 60mm TB, Mafterburner, Cams, Stg.3 SB clutch, Spec Flywheel, spacer, Eibach rear sway bar, strut bar, motor mounts, Megan Racing springs, EBC brakes.
06 RX8 Shinka 6sd.
"A wise man once told me, racing a honda is like being in the special olympics... you may win but you're still a retard."
post #9 of 27 Old 12-17-2009, 11:25 PM
NewTiburon.com God

tuscanigtr will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Thats why you gas it in the middle of the U turn and let the back end come loose...
oh wait you guys haven't done the Promo DIY RWD conversion i forgot... Noobs lol
haha +1 to that dude. ya, the turning radius in the tib sucks. i try and avoid making u-turns just cuz it sucks.

2010 Mazdaspeed 3
CP-E- Nano SRI, COBB AP, 6000K lows, 3000K fogs, JBR heavy shift knob, RMM and RSB
post #10 of 27 Old 12-17-2009, 11:27 PM
3D-Printed Life

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
GK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud of
Garage

Quote:
lulz +rep

post #11 of 27 Old 12-18-2009, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)

lol nice so it aint just me
post #12 of 27 Old 12-18-2009, 05:18 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Rebel

Really? The turning radius is that bad? I thought it was good. But then again, I don't think I have ever driven another sports coupe other than my Tiburon.
post #13 of 27 Old 12-18-2009, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
ontariotibv6 will become famous soon enough

poor turning radius + ebrake = better turning radius

05 Tib Tuscani: AEM CAI, Injen SES, Megan SS coils, Poly MM, B&M STS, TWM bushings, RRM strutbar, Clutch Slave Mod, Black RR eyelines, 6K HID, Pioneer->MTX->JL10".
post #14 of 27 Old 12-18-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andbudzi View Post
has to do with how things are laid out in suspension ... Europian FWD cars - Ford focus - turns on the dime
Ah gotcha, thank you sir

post #15 of 27 Old 12-19-2009, 10:36 PM

stevey-wonders

I used to drive a crew cab with an 8 foot bed... never occurred to me that it's turning radius was bad.
post #16 of 27 Old 12-20-2009, 09:43 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Vind is infamous around these parts

For what the tiburon is, it's turning radius is piss poor. I can't hate it too much. We just bought my wife a new maxima and it's radius isn't much better. But come on. It handles like a 4 door.

2008 Tiburon GT V6 5speed(Show) / Injen CAI / Ark Short Throw Shifter/ SSA Headers / Highflow Cat / Custom Single Cat Back / Hana body kit / 1987 5.0 Mustang Fast Back 5speed(Go)/ Custom Intake / Magnaflow Headers / Straight Pipes / Getting ready for boost!/ Slicks / Gutted with Megan racing seats/ All cars black, low, and loud.
post #17 of 27 Old 12-28-2009, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)

maybe if enough of us complain to tiburon, they'll do a recall and fix it for us lol...man that would be sweet
post #18 of 27 Old 12-28-2009, 03:24 PM
ERMAHGERD, ERM AH MERD!

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
brooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud of

ohhyea and if we complain about the lack of power under the hood maybe they will recall that too
im not making fun of you i agree the turning radius blows

post #19 of 27 Old 12-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Banned

Mines Better is a glorious beacon of lightMines Better is a glorious beacon of lightMines Better is a glorious beacon of lightMines Better is a glorious beacon of lightMines Better is a glorious beacon of lightMines Better is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
Really? The turning radius is that bad? I thought it was good. But then again, I don't think I have ever driven another sports coupe other than my Tiburon.
+1. didn't know it was an issue.
post #20 of 27 Old 12-29-2009, 05:36 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
JPGreco is a name known to allJPGreco is a name known to allJPGreco is a name known to allJPGreco is a name known to allJPGreco is a name known to allJPGreco is a name known to all

why is this in the car care section though?

I givz u post count bak. hW
thank u. It was hell being a newb again....
post #21 of 27 Old 12-30-2009, 01:46 PM
NewTiburon.com God

dernt is just really nicedernt is just really nicedernt is just really nicedernt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPGreco View Post
^^^ Best question of the day, right there

Andbudzi, I was wondering...where is Europia? J/k, spelling errors ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takahashi240 View Post
If screaming into cones at other people is a sport, THEN CONSIDER MY CAPS LOCK THE SPORT OF THE INTERNET!
post #22 of 27 Old 12-31-2009, 05:03 PM
Banned

Mines Better is a glorious beacon of lightMines Better is a glorious beacon of lightMines Better is a glorious beacon of lightMines Better is a glorious beacon of lightMines Better is a glorious beacon of lightMines Better is a glorious beacon of light

i was gonna ask but figured i'd leave it alone :p
post #23 of 27 Old 12-31-2009, 05:22 PM
NewTiburon.com God

alpinewhite is just really nicealpinewhite is just really nicealpinewhite is just really nice

tib's turning radius does indeed suck. but ive certainly drived worse. my accent turns way tighter. doesnt have anything to do with the size of the car, though. my cherokee turns even tighter than the accent, you can easily u-turn on a 2 lane road.

~~2007 Volkswagen GTI DSG~~ Neuspeed Intake, blackout sidemarkers, bicycle rack.

post #24 of 27 Old 12-31-2009, 05:25 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
07se has a spectacular aura about07se has a spectacular aura about07se has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooni23 View Post
ohhyea and if we complain about the lack of power under the hood maybe they will recall that tooim not making fun of you i agree the turning radius blows
hahahahhaa now thats funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPGreco View Post
^^ i was wondering the same thing
post #25 of 27 Old 12-31-2009, 05:31 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Galagher will become famous soon enoughGalagher will become famous soon enough

My cavaler turned way tighter than the tib did. But i still like the tib. The turn radius isn't that bad. If your doing htat many U-Turns to get annoyed by it, maybe you should work on your driving and navagation skills. Cuz i'd say that sucks way more than the turn radius.

2003 V6 Hyundai Tiburon turned Tuscani GT 5 Speed
Engine: .50 cold .83 hot turbo/ Mussa Dual Angle Tip Exhaust / AFC Neo Fuel Tuner / NGM Stg IV Upper+Lower Intake Manifolds / NGM 58mm Bored OE Throttle body / 290cc injectors/ BOOSTING 10psi, 6psi tial wastegate spring/ TWM Short Throw Shifter with Aluminum Bushings and Magnum Shift Knob / KJB Delrin Shift Linkage Bushing
Suspension: Konig Hurry 18"rims / Lexani N3000 215/35/R18/ Ark springs/KJB endlinks/ Ark rear sway bar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in