DIY: __*** BCM Turn Signal Fix ***__ - Page 11 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #251 of 394 Old 01-09-2012, 10:05 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Techgrl is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: __*** DIY: BCM Turn Signal Fix ***__

To who made this thread thanks a mil. I had my blower motor go out and the place I took it too temp fixed it by rigging it. Somehow I think that affected my turn signal because the right one would not go off. Their resolution was for me to take the fuse out which knocked out both turn signals. I searched google this thread came up and let's just say I was thrilled when the end result was positive. I work with electronics, but as a woman I for what ever reason never touch my car. Now I know why. Taking most of it apart wasn't hard the part that was hard was maneuvering the panel from out of the metal bracket holding it. But luckily some very helpful men assisted me with the removal and a friend of mine replaced the relay for me.

I almost thought I screwed up putting everything back b/c my car wouldn't start.
But all I had to do was tighten the negative terminal on my battery. Instant success. I am so thrilled. Much thanks goes to this site and the thread maker. Now I don't have to worry about pulling the fuse out and putting it back in or getting pulled over by the cops because my turn signal isn't working properly. I appreciate this so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #252 of 394 Old 01-09-2012, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Coegi vos via~

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
optimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another level
(Thread Starter)
Re: __*** DIY: BCM Turn Signal Fix ***__

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techgrl View Post
To who made this thread thanks a mil. I had my blower motor go out and the place I took it too temp fixed it by rigging it. Somehow I think that affected my turn signal because the right one would not go off. Their resolution was for me to take the fuse out which knocked out both turn signals. I searched google this thread came up and let's just say I was thrilled when the end result was positive. I work with electronics, but as a woman I for what ever reason never touch my car. Now I know why. Taking most of it apart wasn't hard the part that was hard was maneuvering the panel from out of the metal bracket holding it. But luckily some very helpful men assisted me with the removal and a friend of mine replaced the relay for me.

I almost thought I screwed up putting everything back b/c my car wouldn't start.
But all I had to do was tighten the negative terminal on my battery. Instant success. I am so thrilled. Much thanks goes to this site and the thread maker. Now I don't have to worry about pulling the fuse out and putting it back in or getting pulled over by the cops because my turn signal isn't working properly. I appreciate this so much.
Success stories like this makes it so worth while that I took the time to make DIY's like this one. You're very welcome and congratulations~!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

=멤버프로파일:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

=Album:

++++++++++
++++++++++
post #253 of 394 Old 02-08-2012, 11:21 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

jholveck is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkrow View Post
You are very welcome! I made this DIY years ago and I am glad it is still helping people.
2004 V6 Tiburon

I followed the directions, had a TV repair shop do my relay replacement on the board. Put it all back together and the blinker that didn't work before - worked fine. But when I tried to start the car it wouldn't start, then all electronics cut off. I then double checked all connections, found one that was maybe not 100% engaged in the back, reconnected the battery and again blinker worked but when I tried to start ignition first time it wouldnt turn over, second time dash goes dark like something tripped.

Any ideas what I can check? I read every post and saw some similar issues over the years - but not many suggestions on what to try. I did see the suggestion of tightening the negative connection on the battery - I will give that a shot as that is the one I took off when working on the BCM.

If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know. Very excited about getting this resolved with this inexpensive fix (and I'm getting really good at taking the BCM in and out of the dash), thank you for your help.

post #254 of 394 Old 02-08-2012, 11:28 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

worez03

Just a lil fyi the plastic does come off for the more brave take some 2500 grit and sand the points slighty moving the carbon and hold up. ps i am not held liable for anyone trying. It is tricky.
post #255 of 394 Old 02-18-2012, 12:07 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

jholveck is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkrow View Post
It's cool. At least it's still helping people. It's good that u added more info where needed. Good job on it.
Any ideas out there on the issue described below?

2004 V6 Tiburon

I followed the directions, had a TV repair shop do my relay replacement on the board. Put it all back together and the blinker that didn't work before - worked fine. But when I tried to start the car it wouldn't start, then all electronics cut off. I then double checked all connections, found one that was maybe not 100% engaged in the back, reconnected the battery and again blinker worked but when I tried to start ignition first time it wouldnt turn over, second time dash goes dark like something tripped.

Any ideas what I can check? I read every post and saw some similar issues over the years - but not many suggestions on what to try. I did see the suggestion of tightening the negative connection on the battery - I will give that a shot as that is the one I took off when working on the BCM.

If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know. Very excited about getting this resolved with this inexpensive fix (and I'm getting really good at taking the BCM in and out of the dash), thank you for your help.
post #256 of 394 Old 02-28-2012, 02:29 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

sanford is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sure being a registered member of this site is going to be very helpful in many ways, it has already saved me a good bit of money because of this DIY. But, I registered mainly so I could say thank you to OZKROW & OPTIMUMMIND. Just as you have saved lots of people, lots of money, your DIY has just saved me $828.00!! It cost me $30.00 for the part, a desoldering pump, flux, solder & an iron. Your step by step instructions made this very easy. Works great!! Thank you guy's very much!!!
post #257 of 394 Old 03-08-2012, 02:20 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

vclark is an unknown quantity at this point

You saved me a ton of money with this DIY! Like a lof of the people on this thread (I'm assuming), I started looking on the internet after my mechanic quoted me right around $1,000 to have the BCM replaced after my turn signals went kaput, and when I found this and showed my (awesome) boyfriend, he offered to give it a try. Ordered the relay and took it to a TV repair shop, who charged us $35 to desolder the old relay and solder the new one. My boyfriend was very careful and had no issues whatsoever. Took some time, but it was WELL worth the savings (all in all, around $900). Thank you so much for taking the time to post this!
post #258 of 394 Old 03-22-2012, 03:42 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
nalced777 is an unknown quantity at this point

Signed up jut to say thanks. My 2003 Coupe/Tiburon had this exact problem, I followed these instructions and now everything works fine.

Incidentally, I bought 3 relays from mouser (in case I messed something up), so I now have two spare. If any UK based people want to save on postage fees (postage from the US based mouser is 16), I'll be happy to sell my relays for 7 each inc. P&P. Email nalced (at) gmail.com
post #259 of 394 Old 04-14-2012, 03:22 PM
iwb
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
iwb is a glorious beacon of lightiwb is a glorious beacon of lightiwb is a glorious beacon of lightiwb is a glorious beacon of lightiwb is a glorious beacon of light

Well my lefty stuck on and actually killed my battery when i parked the car & turned on my alarm, not noticing my flasher didn't go off LOL Going out to the car right now to remove the BCM. Wish me luck

BTW, I have noticed MOUSER (the site many people purchase this relay from) has a very long wait time for these relays. I was fortunate to find another seller who sent the item very quickly & I had it within 5 days. They do have a minimum order price, but after paying a small penalty & shipping it was like $12. They were also nice enough to send me a pair or safety glasses ^_^

Link below.
http://www.jameco.com

. I . W a n t . B o o s t .

Former Stage 2 Sniped Tib - Forever a GK enthusiast
post #260 of 394 Old 04-14-2012, 04:59 PM
iwb
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
iwb is a glorious beacon of lightiwb is a glorious beacon of lightiwb is a glorious beacon of lightiwb is a glorious beacon of lightiwb is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwb View Post
Well my lefty stuck on and actually killed my battery when i parked the car & turned on my alarm, not noticing my flasher didn't go off LOL Going out to the car right now to remove the BCM. Wish me luck

BTW, I have noticed MOUSER (the site many people purchase this relay from) has a very long wait time for these relays. I was fortunate to find another seller who sent the item very quickly & I had it within 5 days. They do have a minimum order price, but after paying a small penalty & shipping it was like $12. They were also nice enough to send me a pair or safety glasses ^_^

Link below.
http://www.jameco.com
UPDATE:

So after all of 10 minutes it's out of the car, not as tedious as I though it may be. For some reason I didn't have a knee brace in my tib, so one less thing i had to wrench off to get out. Just take your time on the connectors, most are pretty easy but some need a lil manipulation. Def not something you want to muck up out of frustration, they will come out.

Off to the repair shop to have the new relay put on

. I . W a n t . B o o s t .

Former Stage 2 Sniped Tib - Forever a GK enthusiast
post #261 of 394 Old 04-29-2012, 05:51 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Vivalaluke is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalced777 View Post
Signed up jut to say thanks. My 2003 Coupe/Tiburon had this exact problem, I followed these instructions and now everything works fine.

Incidentally, I bought 3 relays from mouser (in case I messed something up), so I now have two spare. If any UK based people want to save on postage fees (postage from the US based mouser is 16), I'll be happy to sell my relays for 7 each inc. P&P. Email nalced (at) gmail.com
Hi,
Do you still have a relay for turn indicator?
The Mouser electronics dont have it on stock, so delivery time is almost 3 months. And if you have it, do you think that you can send it to Czech republic?
Im new here so i cant send you PM
post #262 of 394 Old 05-10-2012, 03:11 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
jamie.thomas is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I have one question. Could this upgrade help me with the problem when using LED turn signals? Or could I replace this relay with any other to fix my problem with the rapid flashing ?

Thanks.
post #263 of 394 Old 05-10-2012, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Coegi vos via~

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
optimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another level
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie.thomas View Post
Hi, I have one question. Could this upgrade help me with the problem when using LED turn signals? Or could I replace this relay with any other to fix my problem with the rapid flashing ?

Thanks.
Not sure but it's an interesting question.

But it would be simpler and easier to fix the hyper-blink issue by installing some LED load resistors instead.

=멤버프로파일:

=Album:

++++++++++
++++++++++
post #264 of 394 Old 05-17-2012, 02:17 AM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

chows is an unknown quantity at this point

i want to do it but thinking
post #265 of 394 Old 05-31-2012, 07:55 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

mackey002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivalaluke View Post
Hi,
Do you still have a relay for turn indicator?
The Mouser electronics dont have it on stock, so delivery time is almost 3 months. And if you have it, do you think that you can send it to Czech republic?
Im new here so i cant send you PM
I ordered mine from mouser last week and it is supposed to me here tomorrow 6/1/12. Shipped out within a few days. If you still dont have it check back.

So far i have the bcm out and apart. Perks to the gelteman who created this DIY. Once i get it back together hopefully my problem is solved.
post #266 of 394 Old 06-02-2012, 11:33 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

mackey002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Relay in, TV repair shop soldered it for 20 bucks. BCM back in car and everything working just as it should. Thank you again for this DIY.
post #267 of 394 Old 06-09-2012, 11:13 AM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

russotiburon516

I got the same problem I order the part it's my left turn signal how do I know which nec to take off?
post #268 of 394 Old 06-10-2012, 01:39 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

sheervelocity is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys, have an 03 GT and the blinkers went wonky. I successfully installed the new relay and the blinkers work great now, thanks for that. However the car will not start now. Just cranks and does not start.

Would this be the anti-theft? I can't try the lock unlock key in the driver's door because something mechanical is blocking the key from going in even with penetrating spray, previous ppl mustve only used the remote. There is no anti-theft light on

Also, I accidentally yanked a harness off the BCM before disconnecting the battery, worse case scenario i fried something.

Anybody else have this issue?
post #269 of 394 Old 06-10-2012, 04:15 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

sheervelocity is an unknown quantity at this point

Also the OBD is throwing 'no codes'
post #270 of 394 Old 06-10-2012, 09:06 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Ferara is an unknown quantity at this point

I tryed this yesterday and it stopped the turn signal from being stuck but now none of them would even blink help
post #271 of 394 Old 06-10-2012, 09:25 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
03_tibby_CT has a spectacular aura about03_tibby_CT has a spectacular aura about03_tibby_CT has a spectacular aura about

guys, the DIY isnt the best place to get help with issues arising from doing this. in case you hadn't read the whole thread, noone is answering troubleshooting questions here. if you post it to the correct forum, others will be able to help you.

03 GT 6sp.... VHR clutch kit**Koni Yellows**Tein springs**Energy Suspension Swaybar Bushings**Moog Links
post #272 of 394 Old 06-14-2012, 10:11 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

silver-tibby is an unknown quantity at this point

So my 03 tibbys turn signals stay on but also my DRLs, brake lights, and dash lights also stay on would this diy fix my problem? Im not on hear much so if anyone have any solutions for my problem email me plz [email protected]

Sean
post #273 of 394 Old 06-18-2012, 12:13 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

temporalshadows is an unknown quantity at this point

I ordered a replacement relay from Jameco as one of the recent posters suggested. I desoldered the relay and soldered the replacement on myself and it works perfectly! Thanks for posting these instructions.
post #274 of 394 Old 06-20-2012, 04:35 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

GapsoN is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I took 14 days to get the NEC relay from mouser.com, but it finally arrived.

My BCM does not have the black relay on back (as on your pictures), but I have one left of the blue one. But anyway, it solved my problem.

For all, just be sure do disconect (-) of car battery.

Thank you for this DIY

2.7 V6
post #275 of 394 Old 07-10-2012, 12:44 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

szyjko243 is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you! saved me so much money
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in