DIY: __*** BCM Turn Signal Fix ***__ - Page 16 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #376 of 394 Old 05-06-2018, 07:31 AM
Still the same me...

Mentioned: 250 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2212 Post(s)
Charlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud of
Re: __*** BCM Turn Signal Fix ***__

If it's a Photobucket warning, do an Internet search for your web browser and Photobucket, there are browser addons that fix the issue.
thomascrosbie1 likes this.

Wifes car: 2004 Tib GT, 2.7L, 5MT, 193K miles, medium blue, basically stock.
My car: 1998 Legacy GT wagon, 2.5L, 5MT, 176K miles, "Quicksilver", not stock and not slow...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"life is lived, one corner at a time".
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Best NT.com '13 New-Comer, NT.com '13 Technical Advise & Info (runner-up), NT.com '13 Non-Tib (3rd) .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #377 of 394 Old 05-06-2018, 07:32 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thomascrosbie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Pleeease can someone tell me which relay to change, my right indicator is the one that is stuck on

thanks,
Attached Images

post #378 of 394 Old 05-06-2018, 05:12 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Did you end up finding out? I need to know also

thanks

post #379 of 394 Old 05-08-2018, 06:55 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Followed the instructions and this worked for me! My cars right hand indicator was stuck on even when the car was off.

On the bcm board their are 3 relays (the 3 black boxes labelled 'NEC EP2-3L1T' or something similar), where the two relays are next to each other, is where the relay that controls the indicator is located. It is the relay that is at the bottom or the opposite side to the blue capacitors, from memory it was labelled relay 2 on the board. I actually just cut the top off my relay cleaned out the two separate sets of contacts with a knife and re fitted the board and it worked! Spent hours trying to work out which one it was cause all the photos have been removed...

As long as you can get the green bcm board out you can either clean the relay or order a new one. The part number for a new relay EP2-3N1ST which is apparently an upgraded version from the one that was originally on my board NEC EP2-3L1T so don't stress about that like I did. I saw that some boards had two small relays in place of one, in this case you can try cleaning them both or putting a new one in if it fits.

Removing the BCM board is a pain but using pliers and a flat head screwdriver you can wedge out the terminals from the board! The fuses on the front of the board which are numbered 15,20 (etc) are easily removed using a pair of pliers. Once you get the board out its a simple fix 9 times out of 10 it will be the relay, make sure you label everything so you know how it goes back. once the box is out wedging open the black box is also a pain be sure to remove all the components from the outside (fuses, the blue boxes, etc) with a bit of finesse and force the flathead will do the job. GOOD LUCK! hope this continues to save people from the sh*t, saved me over a $1000!!!!!!!

PULL THE NEUTRAL OUT ON THE BATTERY OUT BEFORE WORKING

Thanks to the legend who put this up!
post #380 of 394 Old 07-28-2018, 06:16 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
melmar is an unknown quantity at this point

Resurrecting an old thread but my wife has just encountered this problem on her '04 Tiburon.

Did anyone manage to save photos ro any other info on this. Everywhere that has photos they have disappeared and any link to PDF's on this search are also no good.

Any help appreciated.
post #381 of 394 Old 07-28-2018, 11:02 AM
Still the same me...

Charlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmar View Post
Resurrecting an old thread but my wife has just encountered this problem on her '04 Tiburon.

Did anyone manage to save photos ro any other info on this. Everywhere that has photos they have disappeared and any link to PDF's on this search are also no good.

Any help appreciated.
It is an old thread. If you get a Photobucket message, do an online search for your browser (Google, Chrome, etc.) and Photobucket for an addon that normally makes pictures visible again.

My car: 1998 Legacy GT wagon, 2.5L, 5MT, 176K miles, "Quicksilver", not stock and not slow...

Best NT.com '13 New-Comer, NT.com '13 Technical Advise & Info (runner-up), NT.com '13 Non-Tib (3rd) .
post #382 of 394 Old 07-30-2018, 12:42 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Tibby2298 is an unknown quantity at this point
Alright guys so I have a 2003 that for some reason the left turn signal doesn't work. Their is power going to it and the right turn signal works but for some reason the left doesn't. Any ideas? How hard is it to repair the turn signal relay?
post #383 of 394 Old 07-30-2018, 08:06 AM
Still the same me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibby2298 View Post
Alright guys so I have a 2003 that for some reason the left turn signal doesn't work. Their is power going to it and the right turn signal works but for some reason the left doesn't. Any ideas? How hard is it to repair the turn signal relay?
Wen you say, "doesn't work", do they not come on, they don't flash, what?

post #384 of 394 Old 07-30-2018, 11:49 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Tibby2298 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
Quote:
Wen you say, "doesn't work", do they not come on, they don't flash, what?
Yeah for some reason the left turn signal doesn't flash. Not even with the hazards on. Only the right turn signal works. I've checked if there is power going to the left sigbal bulb and their is it just doesn't flash. I've already replaced the turn signal switch and still nothing.
post #385 of 394 Old 07-30-2018, 12:45 PM
Still the same me...

Quote:
Yeah for some reason the left turn signal doesn't flash. Not even with the hazards on. Only the right turn signal works. I've checked if there is power going to the left sigbal bulb and their is it just doesn't flash. I've already replaced the turn signal switch and still nothing.
As staff, I will start off with.......fill in a location. State or Provence is fine in North America.

Is it hard to fix? Not really, but, most PC boards since sometime in the '90's are lead free solder, thus harder to deal with.
If you are decent at soldering, you can fix it.
Otherwise find a shop that does trucker radios, ham radio, etc. Ask them if you supply relays and a board, will they do the work. You need to pull the BCM, pull the board out, may even have parts.
Relay PN's are listed, rather cheap from Digikey and others.

post #386 of 394 Old 08-02-2018, 08:21 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Samuel Lum is an unknown quantity at this point
Getting the same issue now, hoping this will fix my 04’!
post #387 of 394 Old 08-12-2018, 07:53 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

ProjectPHipps is an unknown quantity at this point

Make the long story short my DL turn signal just stays on even if I turn off my car. It stays on. So i did some research of my own and found it to be BCM to make sure i was correct i took it to the shop i normally go and they validated this for me that it is, in fact, the BCM. From there i ordered a BCM from eBay that would fit in my car... (i did not check to see if the part # matched. When i ordered this i was unsure how to find this/didnt know i need this ) i have a 04 GT Tib btw.

So now I keep trying to get this installed by a shop but they all want to re-diagnose the issue as they dont think its my BCM which means another 100 out the door. The shop I took it too that said it was my BCM said that they could not install this as they could not program it due to not having the tool to program this.

but if I don't use a key fob and this came out of a tib should I be fine just to have this installed? and do i need to have anything solidered. the photos on the first post wont show up for me. I would install this myself if it didnt need to be program which idk if it does or not
post #388 of 394 Old 08-12-2018, 11:05 PM
Still the same me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPHipps View Post
Make the long story short my DL turn signal just stays on even if I turn off my car. It stays on. So i did some research of my own and found it to be BCM to make sure i was correct i took it to the shop i normally go and they validated this for me that it is, in fact, the BCM. From there i ordered a BCM from eBay that would fit in my car... (i did not check to see if the part # matched. When i ordered this i was unsure how to find this/didnt know i need this ) i have a 04 GT Tib btw.

So now I keep trying to get this installed by a shop but they all want to re-diagnose the issue as they dont think its my BCM which means another 100 out the door. The shop I took it too that said it was my BCM said that they could not install this as they could not program it due to not having the tool to program this.

but if I don't use a key fob and this came out of a tib should I be fine just to have this installed? and do i need to have anything solidered. the photos on the first post wont show up for me. I would install this myself if it didnt need to be program which idk if it does or not
Just install it, key fob is in the ECU.

post #389 of 394 Old 08-23-2018, 03:10 AM Thread Starter
Coegi vos via~

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
optimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another level
(Thread Starter)

Here is a link to my photo album with the BCM pictures for those who still might like to see them.

https://beta.photobucket.com/u/optim...3-6b944f810b88

Edit: Also, photos have been added back to 1st post.
Charlie-III likes this.

=멤버프로파일:

=Album:

++++++++++
++++++++++

Last edited by optimummind; 08-23-2018 at 03:29 AM.
post #390 of 394 Old 10-09-2018, 01:05 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Reno1969 is an unknown quantity at this point

if left side signal lights work and the right side doesn't would this fix that to? also when push the hazard light the left side works but the right side doesnt
post #391 of 394 Old 10-09-2018, 03:48 PM
Still the same me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno1969 View Post
if left side signal lights work and the right side doesn't would this fix that to? also when push the hazard light the left side works but the right side doesnt
Assuming bulbs on right side are good, then yes, the BCM fix should work.

post #392 of 394 Old 03-09-2019, 01:29 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Nicholas Hunt is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to resurrect. I've an 07 and didn't see anything in the back pages but the relay to replace is actually two small ones. So im assuming I cant use the part I ordered in the first post. Any one have any ideas?
post #393 of 394 Old 03-09-2019, 01:36 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Nicholas Hunt is an unknown quantity at this point

NVM I found a post lost in the pages. JJMa1-12v-h45 is for the later model cars
post #394 of 394 Old 04-22-2019, 03:21 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

durba is an unknown quantity at this point

Great Post! Thanks for this! Your directions were flawless. I'm very thankful you put this thread out for the world to see. Thank you again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in