DIY: __*** BCM Turn Signal Fix ***__ - Page 3 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #51 of 394 Old 03-11-2009, 04:31 AM Thread Starter
Coegi vos via~

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
optimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another level
(Thread Starter)
Re: DIY: BCM Turn Signal Fix

I have EXCELLENT news!!!!!

Today, I had the new replacement NEC EP2-3N1ST relay soldered on to my BCM and my right turn-signal blinkers are WORKING PERFECTLY once again!! Yay!!!!

Here is a picture of the finished product!!

I still don't know whether it was my new HIDs with a relay that caused the turn-signal relay on the BCM to get damaged or if it was just a mere coincidence.

After much thought and looking back, I do have an idea as to why my turn-signal relay has been slowly deteriorating. There were at least 3-4 times while modding my car that I forgot to connect the turn-signal power connectors before I connected my battery and started my car. Maybe these mistakes slowly caused the deteriorating function of my BCM turn-signal relay throughout the months.

But...all I know is that the BCM relay DIY has helped me and my problem has now been FIXED!!

FYI, I called my dealer today to get a price quote on a brand-new BCM module and the part manager told me he would hook it up for me for only $540.00 out-the-door! So, if there is anyone who is too afraid or not mechanically-inclined to tear apart your BCM and have the turn-signal relay swapped, let me know and I'll hook you up!! It's much cheaper than the average price range of $750-$1300 some people have been quoted.

So happy!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

=멤버프로파일:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

=Album:

++++++++++
++++++++++
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 394 Old 03-11-2009, 04:46 AM
NewTiburon.com Post Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tuscani Joe GT has a reputation beyond reputeTuscani Joe GT has a reputation beyond reputeTuscani Joe GT has a reputation beyond reputeTuscani Joe GT has a reputation beyond reputeTuscani Joe GT has a reputation beyond reputeTuscani Joe GT has a reputation beyond reputeTuscani Joe GT has a reputation beyond reputeTuscani Joe GT has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ==DIY: BCM Turn-Signal Relay Fix==

Nice write up Dave!

MY OTHER RIDE PULLS YOURS OVER.
And my other ride is a Tree Fiddy Z

Last edited by GeneralDuke; 01-15-2010 at 12:21 PM.
post #53 of 394 Old 03-11-2009, 11:40 AM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

QP182

Hey optimum,

Thank you for writing this up. This is fantastic. I have already ordered the replacement relay, and I hope I can fix this like you did. My right turn signal has been frozen on for months and it is so annoying. They quoted me $1050 for a new BCM. This is more than worth a shot.

Thanks,
CQ

post #54 of 394 Old 03-11-2009, 11:57 AM
NewTiburon.com Post Master

valkare has a reputation beyond reputevalkare has a reputation beyond reputevalkare has a reputation beyond reputevalkare has a reputation beyond reputevalkare has a reputation beyond reputevalkare has a reputation beyond reputevalkare has a reputation beyond reputevalkare has a reputation beyond reputevalkare has a reputation beyond reputevalkare has a reputation beyond repute

haha David, always contributing to this forum with reviews, DIY, and meets! Quite the fine member

2007 e92 space gray 328i w/ dakota gray interior
post #55 of 394 Old 03-11-2009, 02:12 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Jgordon0505

Awesome DIY. I'm sure I will need it in the future.

2003 Hyundai Tiburon i4
Mods: Fujita SRI, ARK Shorty Antenna, Red-Outs, Mesh Grille, Red Brake Calipers
Future Mods: Watch Spoiler Fade & Drivers Door Rust

NT Loves Insurance Fraud!.....127k and counting...
post #56 of 394 Old 03-11-2009, 06:41 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

zhox will become famous soon enough

THANKS BRO !!! UR MY HEROOOOO ! ! Mod's Sticky this thread please ! :O

NT's Profile-->

Album-->
]

Cars: Daily Car: Genesis Coupe 2010 2.0T / Occasion Car: Tuscani 2003 Modified
post #57 of 394 Old 03-17-2009, 10:25 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Volktib

so umm.. is relay 2 the relay for both right and left signals?
i was thinking no, because my left worked, but not my right.
i have the BCM out and the car no workie.

so, my question is.. if my right was constantly on, i remove and replace relay #2, they both will work again?

2003 Hyundai Tiburon I4, F/L Headlights, M&S Warrior Wide Body, Injen CAI, B&M Short Shifter, MUSSA Angled-tip exhaust
RRM Front / Rear Strut Bars, Carbon Fiber Hatch, ARK VDK, Antenna, Pulleys, Header, NGM Enforcer Stage II, PSC Motorsports C/F Hood
More to come
post #58 of 394 Old 03-17-2009, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Coegi vos via~

optimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another level
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volktib View Post
so umm.. is relay 2 the relay for both right and left signals?
i was thinking no, because my left worked, but not my right.
i have the BCM out and the car no workie.

so, my question is.. if my right was constantly on, i remove and replace relay #2, they both will work again?
The relay that I pointed to in the picture controls both the left and right turn-signals.

=멤버프로파일:

=Album:

++++++++++
++++++++++
post #59 of 394 Old 03-21-2009, 12:18 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

pyramix is an unknown quantity at this point

Phew, after much effort, I've fixed my issue. It wasn't easy by any means. Those cables plugged into the BCM were HARD to remove. As were some of the chips on the back after I had removed the BCM from the car and before I could pry it open.

Anyways, now I am noticing another issue:
My clock and audio system are not turning on.
Nor are the power locks working for the car.
I haven't checked to see what else is not working, but there might be other things.
Any ideas why this would happen? I had noticed this after my battery died (since the left blinker was stuck on) and before I pulled the BCM out (although I had already opened the bottom of the dash to have a look around).
post #60 of 394 Old 03-21-2009, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Coegi vos via~

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramix View Post
Phew, after much effort, I've fixed my issue. It wasn't easy by any means. Those cables plugged into the BCM were HARD to remove. As were some of the chips on the back after I had removed the BCM from the car and before I could pry it open.

Anyways, now I am noticing another issue:
My clock and audio system are not turning on.
Nor are the power locks working for the car.
I haven't checked to see what else is not working, but there might be other things.
Any ideas why this would happen? I had noticed this after my battery died (since the left blinker was stuck on) and before I pulled the BCM out (although I had already opened the bottom of the dash to have a look around).
Did you remember to plug back in the red 10A fuse on the front of the BCM box? (The one encased in a yellow plastic cover) If you did, check that fuse, it might have blown.

=멤버프로파일:

=Album:

++++++++++
++++++++++
post #61 of 394 Old 03-22-2009, 03:15 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

pyramix is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimummind View Post
Did you remember to plug back in the red 10A fuse on the front of the BCM box? (The one encased in a yellow plastic cover) If you did, check that fuse, it might have blown.
How can I check to see if it has blown without pulling out the BCM? Can I just yank it all the way out along with the yellow plastic cover?
post #62 of 394 Old 03-22-2009, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Coegi vos via~

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramix View Post
How can I check to see if it has blown without pulling out the BCM? Can I just yank it all the way out along with the yellow plastic cover?
To check that fuse, unclip the black plastic clip, pull out the yellow cover until you see the legs of the fuse pulled out, then use a paperclip or the end of a thin screwdriver to push the red 10A fuse out. You don't have to completely pull out the yellow cover.

=멤버프로파일:

=Album:

++++++++++
++++++++++
post #63 of 394 Old 03-23-2009, 03:40 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Gmat is an unknown quantity at this point

Optimummind where did you get one of these? You had it on backorder through Mouser but now have it installed and working. I just checked the Mouser site and they still list it as being on backorder. I haven't had any luck finding this part at local electronics shops.

I'm about to pull the fuse and use turn signals by hand until this part comes in from mouser.

Last ditch Does anybody have one of these relays (working) they don't need?

Thanks
post #64 of 394 Old 03-23-2009, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Coegi vos via~

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmat View Post
Optimummind where did you get one of these? You had it on backorder through Mouser but now have it installed and working.
Yes, my Mouser order is still on backorder. I got my replacement replay from a NT member who I've met at the last two OC/LA/SD mountain road meets and bought it from him.

=멤버프로파일:

=Album:

++++++++++
++++++++++
post #65 of 394 Old 03-23-2009, 06:14 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

yellowtibs86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Was just wondering where everyone got their relays from....? i called that site that you supplied optimum and their on backorder till april 27 so a month from now.. that just isnt going to cut it, any other stores from anyone? If anyone has any extra/spare relay, id love to buy if off you. PM me or email me .... [email protected]

Last edited by yellowtibs86; 03-23-2009 at 06:34 PM.
post #66 of 394 Old 03-31-2009, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Coegi vos via~

(Thread Starter)

It's been 3 weeks now and my car's turn-signal lights are still working correctly. Yay!!

=멤버프로파일:

=Album:

++++++++++
++++++++++

Last edited by GeneralDuke; 01-15-2010 at 12:24 PM.
post #67 of 394 Old 04-08-2009, 05:21 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

yellowtibs86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well thanks to someone not to sure who it was? someone from MA on this site, got a hold of me and sold me one of their relays they had, definately did me well, as i was going to have to wait til april 27th for backorder from the mouser.. but it did the job.. thanks for the DIY, and thanks again for the RELAY whoever sent it (didnt get your name on newtib) someones dad anyway.
post #68 of 394 Old 04-25-2009, 02:11 AM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

mochilagorilla

has anybody done this and been able to reprogram the keyless entry by them selves using the method in the owners manual?

oh and mouser, as of today has 900+ of these relays in stock.
post #69 of 394 Old 04-25-2009, 02:25 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
silvertibby can only hope to improve

nice this really works anybody that has this problem should do this diy
post #70 of 394 Old 04-25-2009, 03:59 AM Thread Starter
Coegi vos via~

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochilagorilla View Post
has anybody done this and been able to reprogram the keyless entry by them selves using the method in the owners manual?
You can't reprogram the key remote by yourself. It must be done by hooking up a high-scan tool. Either the Hyundai dealership or an automotive locksmith can do the programming for you. All the local automotive locksmiths who did have the scan tool charged a lot more than the dealership so I ended up going to the dealer instead. Luckily, the service manager likes me so he gave me a discount and programmed it for $40.00 flat (regular price being $49.99).

=멤버프로파일:

=Album:

++++++++++
++++++++++
post #71 of 394 Old 05-04-2009, 06:58 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Zeineth is an unknown quantity at this point

Woo Hoo just saved me $850.00 Got my relay today finally. Ordered it back the beginning of March and they sent the wrong one. Got the correct one today and took 45 minutes to complete the job and the signals work like a charm. I can now turn right again, it has been a pain trying to around with only turning left. lol

post #72 of 394 Old 05-07-2009, 04:59 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Universal_Remonster is an unknown quantity at this point

I just wanted to say to whoever wrote this,

You are an angel of God or something. I seriously want to thank you so incredibly much. You saved a broke a-- college student $770 and now I can afford my summer class which I was afraid I would have to not take because of this dang BCM.

This DIY took me maybe 2 hours and cost $11 for the part + shipping and $20 for a TV repairman to do the solder work.

Thank you so much

Previous vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT - 6 speed
Current vehicle: 2010 Subaru WRX Limited - 5 speed
post #73 of 394 Old 05-08-2009, 07:24 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Universal_Remonster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal_Remonster View Post
I just wanted to say to whoever wrote this,

You are an angel of God or something. I seriously want to thank you so incredibly much. You saved a broke a-- college student $770 and now I can afford my summer class which I was afraid I would have to not take because of this dang BCM.

This DIY took me maybe 2 hours and cost $11 for the part + shipping and $20 for a TV repairman to do the solder work.

Thank you so much
Okay unfortunately (as true as all that is.) I apparently screwed something else up in doing the repair job.

My gauge cluster and center cluster doesn't light up. I've been searching google to try and figure out what I did, but I can't find it anywhere. There is apparently a problem where the right tail light goes out along with those two things, but this is not the case here, my right side tail light works just fine.

Could anyone please help me out and maybe give me a tip on what's now wrong with my permanently broken nightmare of a car?

Previous vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT - 6 speed
Current vehicle: 2010 Subaru WRX Limited - 5 speed
post #74 of 394 Old 05-21-2009, 01:22 AM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

mochilagorilla

I am another success story of this fix. Thank you to the creator. One question tho... has anybody replaced the other two relays that are right there? does anybody know what they are responsible for? i was thinking about replacing them too, try to fix a few small bugs i have in my car. Thanks!
post #75 of 394 Old 05-27-2009, 12:15 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

MermaidBritches is an unknown quantity at this point

I am SO glad I came across this DIY.

I ordered the relay from the website and got it in like 3 days.
Had a computer repair guy desoder and soder the replacement relay for me.

Not only are my turnsignals fixed, but my horn is now working.

Altogether it cost me maybe $30.
$20 for the relay [w/ second day shipping], and $10 for the repair guy.

THANK YOU

Last edited by GeneralDuke; 01-15-2010 at 12:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in