Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Need this answered ASAP

2K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  gt_tibby 
#1 ·
Ok, I just need to know for my grandma; how do you go about getting a military dependence ID card renewal? I really don't know what to even search online..so any help ASAP is greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys! :3_pimatyo

#3 ·
you have to have your sponsor(whoever the person in the military is, usually your dad mom or whoever) go with you to the place where you got it the first time. if they arent available you have to have a signed power of attorney stating that you can get it yourself. if you cant do either of these, then youre pretty much SOL

#7 ·
ok...i dont really know what the rules are on it are....i dont know if she would actually be allowed to get a new one or not since her husband(retired militray, im assuming) passed away. i know that seems ******, but thats the way they do it sometimes. ill see what i can find out and get back to ya

#10 ·
If it hasn't expired yet then I would think she could go to the nearest base to have it redone. Unless the veterans affairs does stuff like that like someone else said. Personally I don't see why she can't, technically she is still a dependent. She may need the death certificate for proof, but I'm not 100% sure.

If I were you I'd contact the nearest base and call the personnel section that isues ID cards and talk to them.

#12 ·
I tried getting your AIM screen name from Paul to avoid this thread, you were the first one that popped in my head when she told me to look online to look.

Thank you guys so much for the info! This really does help.
You both (well...it wont do anything for Dave) but you both have been +repped.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.