post #1 of 8 Old 05-08-2019, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Gr8pumpkin is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Hello everyone

Hey I'm James, I own a 2010 Kia soul, I know not a Tiburon, but it has the beta 2. Just thought Id register here since the only soul forum kinda sucks. I would like to start working on a turbo kit eventually and this seems like a great site to have when I start.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-08-2019, 09:20 AM
Still the same me...

Mentioned: 250 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2223 Post(s)
Charlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud of
Re: Hello everyone

Welcome to NT.
It would be good if you read up in the FI section stickies to get some of a handle on what may be needed.
I don't know how older kits for a Tib will work with a newer Kia. We know the 07/08 Tib ECU is sorta a PITA with engine mods. I will assume your '10 will be worse.

Way back when, there were not many kits for a Tib, likely nothing new now, just used from a wreck or partout.

Wifes car: 2004 Tib GT, 2.7L, 5MT, 193K miles, medium blue, basically stock.
My car: 1998 Legacy GT wagon, 2.5L, 5MT, 176K miles, "Quicksilver", not stock and not slow...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"life is lived, one corner at a time".
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Best NT.com '13 New-Comer, NT.com '13 Technical Advise & Info (runner-up), NT.com '13 Non-Tib (3rd) .
post #3 of 8 Old 05-08-2019, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)
Yeah, I've been on here alot, just finally registered. Jattus made a kit for the soul for a short time, the used the smt-6 I believe for tuning.

post #4 of 8 Old 05-09-2019, 05:59 AM
NewTiburon.com Post Master

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1021 Post(s)
dmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to behold
The Jattus kit was nice except for some knock off parts. It used a smt8t tuner with a sub injector. Was designed for the cramped engine bay. He got out of the game and he didnt sell a lot of those kits so you are probably looking at having a shop make a kit for you which will cost around 5k all said and done.

Huffin E85 and lovin every minute of it!!

Hit me up on gmail chat
post #5 of 8 Old 05-09-2019, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdicks View Post
The Jattus kit was nice except for some knock off parts. It used a smt8t tuner with a sub injector. Was designed for the cramped engine bay. He got out of the game and he didnt sell a lot of those kits so you are probably looking at having a shop make a kit for you which will cost around 5k all said and done.
Yea I only know of one soul jattus kit that was sold. That guy ended up blowing his engine I think. I've emailed a few times to see if jattus could at least set me up with the smt wiring for the soul, but never got a response. I've thought about going the Evo manifold route and I've looked at the cast treadstone manifold. I think my biggest issue is wiring and tuning, I can gather parts and do the install.
post #6 of 8 Old 05-10-2019, 07:42 PM

dmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to behold
The biggest issue with the Soul is the clearance between the engine and radiator. Also a spot for an intercooler is tight. You can run about 7psi non intercooled with an AEM FIC and 500cc injectors.

Hit me up on gmail chat
post #7 of 8 Old 05-11-2019, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdicks View Post
The biggest issue with the Soul is the clearance between the engine and radiator. Also a spot for an intercooler is tight. You can run about 7psi non intercooled with an
AEM FIC and 500cc injectors.
I never thought about space between the engine and radiator. Time break out the tape measure. Does anywhere product a beta 2 exhaust manifold flange?
post #8 of 8 Old 05-13-2019, 02:18 PM

Re: Hello everyone

I don't know of anyone that actually produces the flanges. Your best bet is to take a gasket to CNC place and have them make it but they won't make just one. Typically you have to make them in batches of 10-50.

Hit me up on gmail chat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in