New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums - Reply to Topic
 
Thread: DIY: __*** BCM Turn Signal Fix ***__ Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
04-22-2019 03:21 PM
durba
Re: __*** BCM Turn Signal Fix ***__

Great Post! Thanks for this! Your directions were flawless. I'm very thankful you put this thread out for the world to see. Thank you again!
03-09-2019 01:36 PM
Nicholas Hunt
Re: __*** BCM Turn Signal Fix ***__

NVM I found a post lost in the pages. JJMa1-12v-h45 is for the later model cars
03-09-2019 01:29 PM
Nicholas Hunt
Re: __*** BCM Turn Signal Fix ***__

Sorry to resurrect. I've an 07 and didn't see anything in the back pages but the relay to replace is actually two small ones. So im assuming I cant use the part I ordered in the first post. Any one have any ideas?
10-09-2018 03:48 PM
Charlie-III
Re: __*** BCM Turn Signal Fix ***__

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno1969 View Post
if left side signal lights work and the right side doesn't would this fix that to? also when push the hazard light the left side works but the right side doesnt
Assuming bulbs on right side are good, then yes, the BCM fix should work.
10-09-2018 01:05 PM
Reno1969
Re: __*** BCM Turn Signal Fix ***__

if left side signal lights work and the right side doesn't would this fix that to? also when push the hazard light the left side works but the right side doesnt
08-23-2018 03:10 AM
optimummind
Re: __*** BCM Turn Signal Fix ***__

Here is a link to my photo album with the BCM pictures for those who still might like to see them.

https://beta.photobucket.com/u/optim...3-6b944f810b88

Edit: Also, photos have been added back to 1st post.
08-12-2018 11:05 PM
Charlie-III
Re: __*** BCM Turn Signal Fix ***__

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPHipps View Post
Make the long story short my DL turn signal just stays on even if I turn off my car. It stays on. So i did some research of my own and found it to be BCM to make sure i was correct i took it to the shop i normally go and they validated this for me that it is, in fact, the BCM. From there i ordered a BCM from eBay that would fit in my car... (i did not check to see if the part # matched. When i ordered this i was unsure how to find this/didnt know i need this ) i have a 04 GT Tib btw.

So now I keep trying to get this installed by a shop but they all want to re-diagnose the issue as they dont think its my BCM which means another 100 out the door. The shop I took it too that said it was my BCM said that they could not install this as they could not program it due to not having the tool to program this.

but if I don't use a key fob and this came out of a tib should I be fine just to have this installed? and do i need to have anything solidered. the photos on the first post wont show up for me. I would install this myself if it didnt need to be program which idk if it does or not
Just install it, key fob is in the ECU.
08-12-2018 07:53 PM
ProjectPHipps
Re: __*** BCM Turn Signal Fix ***__

Make the long story short my DL turn signal just stays on even if I turn off my car. It stays on. So i did some research of my own and found it to be BCM to make sure i was correct i took it to the shop i normally go and they validated this for me that it is, in fact, the BCM. From there i ordered a BCM from eBay that would fit in my car... (i did not check to see if the part # matched. When i ordered this i was unsure how to find this/didnt know i need this ) i have a 04 GT Tib btw.

So now I keep trying to get this installed by a shop but they all want to re-diagnose the issue as they dont think its my BCM which means another 100 out the door. The shop I took it too that said it was my BCM said that they could not install this as they could not program it due to not having the tool to program this.

but if I don't use a key fob and this came out of a tib should I be fine just to have this installed? and do i need to have anything solidered. the photos on the first post wont show up for me. I would install this myself if it didnt need to be program which idk if it does or not
08-02-2018 08:21 PM
Samuel Lum Getting the same issue now, hoping this will fix my 04’!
07-30-2018 12:45 PM
Charlie-III
Re: __*** BCM Turn Signal Fix ***__

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibby2298 View Post
Yeah for some reason the left turn signal doesn't flash. Not even with the hazards on. Only the right turn signal works. I've checked if there is power going to the left sigbal bulb and their is it just doesn't flash. I've already replaced the turn signal switch and still nothing.
As staff, I will start off with.......fill in a location. State or Provence is fine in North America.

Is it hard to fix? Not really, but, most PC boards since sometime in the '90's are lead free solder, thus harder to deal with.
If you are decent at soldering, you can fix it.
Otherwise find a shop that does trucker radios, ham radio, etc. Ask them if you supply relays and a board, will they do the work. You need to pull the BCM, pull the board out, may even have parts.
Relay PN's are listed, rather cheap from Digikey and others.
07-30-2018 11:49 AM
Tibby2298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibby2298 View Post
Alright guys so I have a 2003 that for some reason the left turn signal doesn't work. Their is power going to it and the right turn signal works but for some reason the left doesn't. Any ideas? How hard is it to repair the turn signal relay?
Wen you say, "doesn't work", do they not come on, they don't flash, what?
Yeah for some reason the left turn signal doesn't flash. Not even with the hazards on. Only the right turn signal works. I've checked if there is power going to the left sigbal bulb and their is it just doesn't flash. I've already replaced the turn signal switch and still nothing.
07-30-2018 08:06 AM
Charlie-III
Re: __*** BCM Turn Signal Fix ***__

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibby2298 View Post
Alright guys so I have a 2003 that for some reason the left turn signal doesn't work. Their is power going to it and the right turn signal works but for some reason the left doesn't. Any ideas? How hard is it to repair the turn signal relay?
Wen you say, "doesn't work", do they not come on, they don't flash, what?
07-30-2018 12:42 AM
Tibby2298 Alright guys so I have a 2003 that for some reason the left turn signal doesn't work. Their is power going to it and the right turn signal works but for some reason the left doesn't. Any ideas? How hard is it to repair the turn signal relay?
07-28-2018 11:02 AM
Charlie-III
Re: __*** BCM Turn Signal Fix ***__

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmar View Post
Resurrecting an old thread but my wife has just encountered this problem on her '04 Tiburon.

Did anyone manage to save photos ro any other info on this. Everywhere that has photos they have disappeared and any link to PDF's on this search are also no good.

Any help appreciated.
It is an old thread. If you get a Photobucket message, do an online search for your browser (Google, Chrome, etc.) and Photobucket for an addon that normally makes pictures visible again.
07-28-2018 06:16 AM
melmar
Re: __*** BCM Turn Signal Fix ***__

Resurrecting an old thread but my wife has just encountered this problem on her '04 Tiburon.

Did anyone manage to save photos ro any other info on this. Everywhere that has photos they have disappeared and any link to PDF's on this search are also no good.

Any help appreciated.
05-08-2018 06:55 AM
thomascrosbie1
Re: __*** BCM Turn Signal Fix ***__

Followed the instructions and this worked for me! My cars right hand indicator was stuck on even when the car was off.

On the bcm board their are 3 relays (the 3 black boxes labelled 'NEC EP2-3L1T' or something similar), where the two relays are next to each other, is where the relay that controls the indicator is located. It is the relay that is at the bottom or the opposite side to the blue capacitors, from memory it was labelled relay 2 on the board. I actually just cut the top off my relay cleaned out the two separate sets of contacts with a knife and re fitted the board and it worked! Spent hours trying to work out which one it was cause all the photos have been removed...

As long as you can get the green bcm board out you can either clean the relay or order a new one. The part number for a new relay EP2-3N1ST which is apparently an upgraded version from the one that was originally on my board NEC EP2-3L1T so don't stress about that like I did. I saw that some boards had two small relays in place of one, in this case you can try cleaning them both or putting a new one in if it fits.

Removing the BCM board is a pain but using pliers and a flat head screwdriver you can wedge out the terminals from the board! The fuses on the front of the board which are numbered 15,20 (etc) are easily removed using a pair of pliers. Once you get the board out its a simple fix 9 times out of 10 it will be the relay, make sure you label everything so you know how it goes back. once the box is out wedging open the black box is also a pain be sure to remove all the components from the outside (fuses, the blue boxes, etc) with a bit of finesse and force the flathead will do the job. GOOD LUCK! hope this continues to save people from the sh*t, saved me over a $1000!!!!!!!

PULL THE NEUTRAL OUT ON THE BATTERY OUT BEFORE WORKING

Thanks to the legend who put this up!
05-06-2018 05:12 PM
thomascrosbie1
Re: __*** BCM Turn Signal Fix ***__

Did you end up finding out? I need to know also

thanks
05-06-2018 07:32 AM
thomascrosbie1
Re: __*** BCM Turn Signal Fix ***__

Pleeease can someone tell me which relay to change, my right indicator is the one that is stuck on

thanks,
05-06-2018 07:31 AM
Charlie-III
Re: __*** BCM Turn Signal Fix ***__

If it's a Photobucket warning, do an Internet search for your web browser and Photobucket, there are browser addons that fix the issue.
05-05-2018 11:33 PM
thomascrosbie1
Re: __*** BCM Turn Signal Fix ***__

Hi I am currently in the process of changing the relay. Is their photos attached to this thread? I am unable to see any

Thanks,
04-17-2018 10:29 AM
tomcier1
Re: __*** BCM Turn Signal Fix ***__

Could you provide components name?
04-17-2018 10:29 AM
tomcier1
Re: __*** BCM Turn Signal Fix ***__

I guess that those double components are some kind of workaround for dedicated NEC relay
04-17-2018 10:27 AM
tomcier1
Re: __*** BCM Turn Signal Fix ***__

I will be very thankful if someone could post pic with BCM photo to indicate relay responsible for turn signals
04-17-2018 10:26 AM
tomcier1
Re: __*** BCM Turn Signal Fix ***__

Does anybody used relay mentioned above?
04-17-2018 10:21 AM
tomcier1
Re: __*** BCM Turn Signal Fix ***__

I hear that it is possible to use this relay instead Dual EP2R-B3G1T NEC
This thread has more than 25 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome