New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums (https://www.newtiburon.com/forums/)
-   North West USA (https://www.newtiburon.com/forums/north-west-usa/)
-   -   north west and south west tiburon gathering (https://www.newtiburon.com/forums/north-west-usa/109584-north-west-south-west-tiburon-gathering.html)

tibb06 07-09-2007 06:04 PM

north west and south west tiburon gathering

ok getting ready to move back to Meridian Idaho...and wanna see if my fellow tib owners wanna meet up why we still have some time left in the summer..im about to drive over 2500 miles (coming from NC) so would Idaho be a good place to meet up...hit me up if i get enough peeps to reply to this i will set the date

Ratjack2k5 07-10-2007 04:16 AM

Re: north west and south west tiburon gathering

im up for a meet im in the nw part of washington.

tibb06 07-10-2007 12:26 PM

well we need to get more peeps to jump in on it...cause im headin out that way this monday comin up and need to know a good meetin point from where everyone is located..need atleast 20 to 30 peepes

Ratjack2k5 07-10-2007 04:50 PM

well lets see where this goes.

sephlar 07-10-2007 06:43 PM

Idaho is a 5-6 hour trip for most anyone in the Puget Sound area of Western WA. That said... it pretty much has to be a two day event then. That will take away most people unless it's planned many weeks in advance.

I enjoy a good road trip, but something that long is rarely possible (without planning) for many people. Being rather new to motor meets, I would think that the more people at the meet, the more fun you can have and get to socialize.

That said, with so many people within the I-5 corridor between Everett/Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia OR within 15-25 miles of Portland... getting a large group of those people to Spokane is possible with planning, but won't work if we're talking about this weekend or next.

tibb06 07-10-2007 09:38 PM

ok well lets hold it off til we find enough peeps and set a date...i have no prob holdin it off so everyone and take time off from work or wuteva they need to get done...just tryin to get a few peeps together to have a lil fun...let some people know bout it in your area if they have a tibb..cause i know but dont really know them people that own tibbs

187sks 07-11-2007 01:55 AM

I would be down for a meet anywhere in WA/OR/ID pretty much as long as I don't have something else planned. ID and southern OR are pretty far though and would definitely be an overnight trip.

Yakima is close enough that a lot of the Puget Sound people would probably come and not too bad from Oregon either. Plus the mountain pass is always a good cruise. Leavenworth might also be a good option. It's a tourist trap Bavarian village but they've got great food and beer.

If those aren't "central enough" I know a lot of places in eastern Washington where we can have a good time. Cruise possibilities are almost endless, police pressure is a lot lower also so that's good for me! :3_hypocri

sephlar 07-11-2007 02:59 AM

^^^^ No more tickets for you during a club trip :-) ?

I'd be up for a Yakima or Leavenworth trip. But I thought the next trip was starting to be planned as a beach run. I was getting my kite out :-)

tibb06 07-11-2007 11:48 AM

well im down for where ever..but im bout to drive my car over 2500 miles in a few days...im coming from North Carolina and after a 3 day drive im not gonna want to put much more miles on it for atleast 3 or 4 months..if we find more people to tag along i wont drive no more than 4 or 5 hours out of my way to be honest...but like i said if we find atleast 20 to 30 people we can set a date so let the word out

187sks 07-11-2007 05:46 PM

LOL sephlar...sending out my lawyer's fee in the mail today. No guarantees it won't happen again since they gave me a ticket for 88 when I was driving 78 in a 70. I will be driving at least that much over the limit next time I'm sure.:3_winkthu

By the way, 20 is huge for a Hyundai meet. 30 is almost out of the question in this area. It would be cool, and we're working on it, but the only Hyundai meet I've ever been to with 30+ cars was in Toronto. I think the biggest I've seen here was 16 cars.

Yakima is a:
5 hour drive from Meridian, ID
3 hour drive from Olympia, WA
2 hour drive from Seattle, WA
4.5 hour drive from Vancouver, BC, Canada
3 hour drive from Portland, OR

Leavenworth is a:
6.5 hour drive from Meridian, ID
3 hour drive from Olympia, WA
2 hour drive from Seattle, WA
3.75 hour drive from Vancouver, BC, Canada
4.5 hour drive from Portland, OR

tibb06 07-11-2007 07:13 PM

well those places are not to bad...i could make that..and before i moved out here for a while i know i say a ton of people driving around in tibs...dont really know them but im sure i could talk to them bout it...and its wutever we come up with just wanna get some cars together and hang out see wut everyone has..so that being said from those two locations lets hope some more people reply and we can chose the best of the two to meet up some day

tibb06 08-04-2007 12:23 AM

ok people im in idaho now and settled down in my new town house and workin...so now we can set a date for us to meet up a weekend...how about Sept 15-16 or Sept 22-23....we can meet up in Meridian get something to eat hang out and then later on that night go down town to Boise and hang out at a bar get a few drinks(not to much we are driving) but if this sounds good for a few of you let me know