FS: Part out..Supercharger and lots of other goodies - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 63 Old 02-28-2018, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Professional

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
sdtib is just really nicesdtib is just really nicesdtib is just really nicesdtib is just really nice
(Thread Starter)
Wow! It's been a few years since I've been on the site and a lot of things have changed. Like, all of my pictures are gone.

After 10 years of ownership I finally decided it's time to move on so I figured I would do a part out or maybe even sell the whole car. My kids are getting bigger and this 2-door car is just not very practical. Some of you might remember some of my post from years ago but if you?re curious you can look up some of the things that I've done.

I'm not even sure if there's a market for any of this stuff anymore as I can see there?s a couple of other Supercharger for sale threads that have remained unsold. I'm gonna put some prices on all of this (as per forum rules) but all are negotiable, and try to figure out how to add pics

Right now this is just to gauge interest but if enough people are interested, I'll move forward with the sale

Here's what I've got:

Alpine supercharger kit (supercharger was rebuilt a few years ago) with 2.8 inch supercharger pulley...$1500
6.5 inch crank pulley...$50
Custom FMIC style water to air intercooler kit with mounting bracket, two 5.2 inch Spal fans and Bosch water pump...$300
NGM 70mm throttle body....$250
Snow performance water / methanol injection...$100
Six 460 CC fuel injectors...$200
DC Sports headers with QTP exhaust cut-out installed....$200
RRM supercharger compatible strut bar (very rare)....$150
Ultra Racing rear sway bar (also rare)...$150
BC coilovers...$600 (I had these custom made for drag racing so the rear springs are stiffer than the front)
NAI eyelids (need re-paint)...$50
Web motorsports rear diffuser...$100
Four XXR 522 wheels in flat black 18 x 8.5, 48 offset...$300

Prices do not include shipping

If anybody wants it all, I'll sell the whole car for $4500
The body is a little rough but still very usable and there a many other miscellaneous little parts that are not included above (Traction bars, HID headlights and foglights, my custom front bumper,etc....)

I cant figure out how to embed photos so here are some links to my Google drive:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zM...754jhj9s-Xi-rF
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pE...PgFbiNQnnc7OXf
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iy...pIt4edhhzRBnJL
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AF...OMMlDpDGcp2I8o
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1l2...fUGLQ5oiaUSr5n
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Nh...0afk28bqERLxsc
https://drive.google.com/open?id=16b...GfGfclANS5kT48
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oX...3ftvh1bF-P62v1
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1T0...yFpC87Ta1J9jAA
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1u1...2sJI8-J_iY0qFU
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Cu...q2ZPuizRKehPUG
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dD...z0YkOc_0gxeUBO
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1s0...M2uof1zlV0U2Tw
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Q1..._odAOiu8v6mhV2
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Fm...9hD0oUHdjf8JdY

2008 GT Automatic
Megasquirt, Alpine Stage 3, Wiseco, DC Sports, NGM, Crower, Fidanza, Snow Performance, Ultra Racing, XXR, BC Racing,
Custom front bumper

Last edited by sdtib; 03-07-2018 at 09:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 Old 02-28-2018, 03:47 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
04BumbleBee is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Part out..Supercharger and lots of other goodies

I'd be interested in the supercharger if you get the interest you want!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
post #3 of 63 Old 02-28-2018, 03:54 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Genesis0863 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would be interested in the 6.5in Crank pulley, 460cc injectors, Headers, The Magasquirt depending on some questions. Depending on how long I have I would take the engine too to get the money together

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 GT/Limited
Performance: NGM Stage 0 supercharger,Injen CAI, Borla Catback, DC sport Headers, Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel, Clutchmaster Stage 4 Clutch, Solid rear engine mount, Ploy Front Engine mount,
Suspension/Brake: Tain Lowering springs/KYB struts
Audio: 10in Sony Explode
Interior: Stock

post #4 of 63 Old 02-28-2018, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

sdtib is just really nicesdtib is just really nicesdtib is just really nicesdtib is just really nice
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the interest guys. I've also got somebody interested in the intercooler via private message. I could take the supercharger, intercooler, crank pulley, and headers off but I will need a stock throttle body and stock exhaust manifolds in return so I can keep driving the car for now.

Edit: almost forgot, I need some injectors too. What I did was send my stock injectors to Fuel Injector Connection in Atlanta and had them bored out

2008 GT Automatic
Megasquirt, Alpine Stage 3, Wiseco, DC Sports, NGM, Crower, Fidanza, Snow Performance, Ultra Racing, XXR, BC Racing,
Custom front bumper

Last edited by sdtib; 02-28-2018 at 04:24 PM.
post #5 of 63 Old 02-28-2018, 04:27 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
muffasa51 is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage
What state is this coming from, interested in the engine and 70mm
post #6 of 63 Old 02-28-2018, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I'm in Florida...... not even sure how to ship an engine, freight, I guess

2008 GT Automatic
Custom front bumper
post #7 of 63 Old 02-28-2018, 06:00 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
muffasa51 is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage
I've shipped plenty so no worries
post #8 of 63 Old 02-28-2018, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Sorry guys, I've decided to take the engine and the megasquirt off the table for right now and just so the supercharger and miscellaneous other parts. I'll take it back to stock and continue driving it until I find something else then create a new thread for those items when the time comes.

I obviously didn't think this through very well but I also didn't expect this much interest so quickly.

2008 GT Automatic
Custom front bumper
post #9 of 63 Old 02-28-2018, 07:16 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

04BumbleBee is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdtib View Post
Sorry guys, I've decided to take the engine and the megasquirt off the table for right now and just so the supercharger and miscellaneous other parts. I'll take it back to stock and continue driving it until I find something else then create a new thread for those items when the time comes.

I obviously didn't think this through very well but I also didn't expect this much interest so quickly.
I figure it's fine. One of the supercharger threads is dead and the other one is sale pending so it looks like there's no market for parts

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
post #10 of 63 Old 02-28-2018, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
In the interest of full disclosure, here's my story. It's kind if embarrassing, but here goes ....

My wife and I had a business that failed about 2 years ago and we left owing a lot of people a lot of money. We're being sued many times over again and when it's all over I'm going to lose the car. Right now I need money to pay my lawyer and when they take the car away I don't want all of these good parts to go with it. I need it to run and drive for as long as I can but just before they come to take it I'll pull the engine and they can have it the way it sits.

The Supercharger, intercooler, and crank pulley are definitely for sale. I can easily remove those, change the tune on the megasquirt, and run it in stock configuration. I still have the stock manifold but sold the throttle body to somebody on the Forum a couple years ago but I could also sell the 70mm throttle body if someone has a stock one they could return to me in exchange. Same goes for the injectors, I'll need a set of stock ones if I sell the ones I have.

Also, after thinking this through, I can still offer the megasquirt for sale. It's only about 10 wires that I would have to cut and resolder back to the stock ECU harness and it should run again.

I am pretty sure I have all the stock suspension parts in my attic so I can put those back on if I remove anything and sell it. The only thing I'm not sure of are the struts but if somebody wants the coilovers I can pick up some struts at the junkyard and slap those on the car.

I work 12-hour days but only 4 days a week so I have a few days a week that I can pull parts. In fairness to everyone, I won't remove anything from the car until I have a confirmed buyer and I won't ask anyone to pay for anything until the parts are removed from the car and ready to be shipped.

2008 GT Automatic
Custom front bumper
post #11 of 63 Old 03-01-2018, 04:58 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
DarkOnes is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent you a PM
post #12 of 63 Old 03-01-2018, 01:13 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Internaut is an unknown quantity at this point

Interested in the Snow Perf. meth injection, got any more info or pictures? Thanks.

'03 Rally Red Tiburon GT V6 2.7L w/ ~130k miles
Mods: Headers, custom 3" exhaust w/ cutout, ClutchMasters Stg.III clutch w/ Fidanza lightweight flywheel, SS braided clutch hose, slave cylinder mod, oil cooler, oil catch can, PS delete, A/C delete, cold air intake, PU sway bar bushings, solid subframe bushings, Eichbach Pro Kit springs w/ Stagg struts, DC Sports front & rear strut bars, rear battery, TWM shifter base & cable bushings w/ eBay short shifter & weighted shift knob, weight reduction
post #13 of 63 Old 03-01-2018, 01:17 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Internaut is an unknown quantity at this point

Also may be interested in the wheels depending on their condition and the shipping cost..

'03 Rally Red Tiburon GT V6 2.7L w/ ~130k miles
Mods: Headers, custom 3" exhaust w/ cutout, ClutchMasters Stg.III clutch w/ Fidanza lightweight flywheel, SS braided clutch hose, slave cylinder mod, oil cooler, oil catch can, PS delete, A/C delete, cold air intake, PU sway bar bushings, solid subframe bushings, Eichbach Pro Kit springs w/ Stagg struts, DC Sports front & rear strut bars, rear battery, TWM shifter base & cable bushings w/ eBay short shifter & weighted shift knob, weight reduction
post #14 of 63 Old 03-01-2018, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I'm going to try my best to get back to everybody as quickly as I can and get additional pictures but I'm working all weekend and when I do work they're very long days, it's dark when I leave my house and it's dark when I get back home. As of right now the supercharger is still available and unfortunately until I find a buyer for it, the crank pulley, throttle body, methanol injection, intercooler, and megasquirt all have to stay in the car as they support the supercharger. I'd like to give it a little bit more time but if there's still nobody interested in the supercharger I may go ahead and pull it off and try to sell it on eBay or something, then the rest of the parts will become available. If, For some strange reason, I get done work before 9 tomorrow night I'm going to try to put together a list who's interested in what items and who contacted me first so I can keep things organized and fair

2008 GT Automatic
Custom front bumper
post #15 of 63 Old 03-01-2018, 11:24 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
03tibbyV6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage

Don't forget about our meet up for parts etc :-)
post #16 of 63 Old 03-01-2018, 11:28 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Beyond150mph

DIBS on the throttle body IF IT BOLTS ON TO THE Stock Upper intake manifold until I get my stage IV. also it needs to be cruise control capable. feel free to let me know when its up for grabs (if it meets my requirements) thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 63 Old 03-05-2018, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Ok, got a few days off now so I may be able to start pulling parts. Still need to find a stock throttle body, I've seen them for as little as $20 on ebay but I'm gonna check the local junk yards too.

Here's what i have so far as far as interested parties (according to who spoke 1st)

Supercharger
04Bumblebee
Hatriq

Intercooler
Heavenswrong
Hatriq

Throttle body
Muffasa51
DarkOnes
Beyond150mph

Crank Pulley
Heavenswrong
Genesis0863

Meth Injection
DarkOnes
Internaut
Hoshingaki Kisame
Hatriq

Injectors
Genesis0863

Headers
03tibbyV6
Genesis0863
Hatriq

Engine or engine parts
Muffasa51
DarkOnes
Hatriq

Megasquirt
Genesis0863
Slumped_Brandon

Sway Bar
Chris Withenshaw

Strut bar
BMhowell1
Genesis0863

Wheels
Internaut

Please let me know if i left anyone out or if you are no longer interested in these items

I started digging through my parts bins and attic today and found my stock intake so the supercharger, intercooler, and meth injection can come off right away (probably do that tomorrow) I'll need to use the throttle body until i can find a stock replacement. I also found my stock sway bar so that can go too. Strut bar can come off at any time as there is no need to replace it with a stock part.

I also found my stock GT spoiler (the low one) in the attic. I could sell that or put it back on the car and sell my tall spoiler (flat black). or, I could sell them both and run without it.....I'll take offers on these if anyone is interested.

2008 GT Automatic
Custom front bumper

Last edited by sdtib; 03-05-2018 at 09:44 PM.
post #18 of 63 Old 03-05-2018, 12:51 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Garage

Interested in the tall spoiler too let me know when is good for us to get together like we discussed for parts etc I am tied up today but am free the rest of the week just need to know when and where buddy
post #19 of 63 Old 03-05-2018, 03:57 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Beyond150mph

Quote:
Ok, got a few days off now so I may be able to start pulling parts. Still need to find a stock throttle body, I've seen them for as little as $20 on ebay but I'm gonna check the local junk yards too.

Here's what i have so far as far as interested parties (according to who spoke 1st)

Supercharger
04Bumblebee

Intercooler
Heavenswrong

Throttle body
Muffasa51
DarkOnes
Beyond150mph

Crank Pulley
Heavenswrong
Genesis0863

Meth Injection
DarkOnes
Internaut
Hoshingaki Kisame

Injectors
Genesis0863

Headers
03tibbyV6
Genesis0863

Engine or engine parts
Muffasa51
DarkOnes

Megasquirt
Genesis0863

Sway Bar
Chris Withenshaw

Strut bar
BMhowell1
Genesis0863

Wheels
Internaut

Please let me know if i left anyone out or if you are no longer interested in these items

I started digging through my parts bins and attic today and found my stock intake so the supercharger, intercooler, and meth injection can come off right away (probably do that tomorrow) I'll need to use the throttle body until i can find a stock replacement. I also found my stock sway bar so that can go too. Strut bar can come off at any time as there is no need to replace it with a stock part.

I also found my stock GT spoiler (the low one) in the attic. I could sell that or put it back on the car and sell my tall spoiler (flat black). or, I could sell them both and run without it.....I'll take offers on these if anyone is interested.

I will pay MORE THEN $250 for the throttle body if you bump me to the top of the list. I am PayPal ready now.

post #20 of 63 Old 03-05-2018, 04:04 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Slumped_Brandon is an unknown quantity at this point

Interested in megasquirt
post #21 of 63 Old 03-05-2018, 05:47 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Hatriq
Garage

Id be interested in quite a few things if the interest is there. I live in arizona where are you? supercharger, intercooler and meth injection. the headers and rest of engine parts as well I have a stripped down block im going to build throttle body as well.
Thank you
Hatriq
Rick

Hatriq
Phoenix, Az
New Tib Owner
2003 Gt 2.7L
post #22 of 63 Old 03-05-2018, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Something I forgot to mention in my original post and I'm surprised that nobody has asked...Prices do not include shipping (I have updated the post now). Once an item is ready to ship, i will PM the 1st person on the list to get their zip code and provide a shipping quote. Once I have sent the PM, each person will have 24 hours to respond,then i'll move on to the next name on the list.

The sale is definitely a go, no longer gauging interest, gonna start stripping the car tomorrow.

Please have patience with me, I am very busy but getting these parts off and ready to ship is a priority for me but it may take a couple of weeks

2008 GT Automatic
Custom front bumper
post #23 of 63 Old 03-05-2018, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

a few new, requested pics (I figured out how to actually show the pictures)
Attached Images

2008 GT Automatic
Custom front bumper
post #24 of 63 Old 03-06-2018, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Everybody (except for a few who have PM'd me)seems to have disappeared since I posted my list.Pleas let me know if you still have interest in the Items you have spoken for.

The parts started coming off the car today. Special thanks to Chris (03tibbyV6) for coming over and helping me today.

The supercharger and manifold are off and ready to box and ship as soon as I get a confirmed buyer. In the process of removing it, I came across a couple of items that i forgot I had. Cruise control relocation bracket and a longer cable. I will include those 2 items with the supercharger.

The strut bar is off, I'll be contacting Bmhowell1 tonight to get shipping zip for quote.

Crank pulley is also off. Just to be clear, this not an NGM pulley. I bought it a couple of years ago from someone on the forum, I think, who had it custom made. I is basically a stock pulley with a larger, 6.5 inch ring welded to it (see pics below, stock pulley on the right, modified pulley on the left) pretty clever idea IMO, I wish I would have though of it. Heavenswrong is 1st on the list for this one but Genesis0863 is looking to but it as well as the injectors, and Megasquirt.

I am posting a picture of the Megasqurit just so everybody knows I actually have it

The intercooler and Meth injection should be coming off tomorrow
Attached Images

2008 GT Automatic
Custom front bumper

Last edited by sdtib; 03-07-2018 at 09:56 PM.
post #25 of 63 Old 03-06-2018, 09:00 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Garage

Quote:
Everybody (except for a few who have PM'd me)seems to have disappeared since I posted my list.Pleas let me know if you still have interest in the Items you have spoken for.

The parts started coming off the car today. Special thanks to Chris (03tibbyV6) for coming over and helping me today.

The supercharger and manifold are off and ready to box and ship as soon as I get a confirmed buyer. In the process of removing it, I came across a couple of items that i forgot I had. Cruise control relocation bracket and a longer cable. I will include those 2 items with the supercharger.

The strut bar is off, I'll be contacting Bmhowell1 tonight to get shipping zip for quote.

Crank pulley is also off. Just to be clear, this not an NGM pulley. I bought it a couple of years ago from someone on the forum, I think, who had it custom made. I is basically a stock pulley with a larger, 6.5 inch ring welded to it (see pics below, stock pulley on the right, modified pulley on the left) pretty clever idea IMO, I wish I would have though of it. Heavenswrong is 1st on the list for this one but Genesis0863 is looking to but it as well as the injectors, and Megasquirt.

I am posting a picture of the Megasqurit just so everybody knows I actually have it

The intercooler and Meth injection should be coming off tomorrow
Scott, It was my pleasure to help out anytime, I am tied up for part of tomorrow but have no issue coming after or on Wednesday to help with any other stuff that needs to be done. Just let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in