LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 03-18-2019, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Novice

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Heavenswrong is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
So I managed to snap a timing belt with 30,000 miles on it this weekend. This car isn’t worth the money that I’ve already put into it and I’m thinking this is a good time to get out of the tiburon game. Keep in mind that I’m just gauging interest. I haven’t fully made up my mind yet. I hate to let it go after all the time and money that I’ve put into it, but I feel like I need to just cut my losses and listen to my head instead of my heart.
All parts are from 2007 SE V6 but a lot will work with other years/engines.
A lot of the parts are out of production so I will be making up some of the prices based on what I think it cost me. Prices don’t include shipping, and might have a little wiggle room depending on the part. Possible discount if you buy more than one, large discount if you buy everything including the car. I’m in Baltimore.
On the car:
-Seibon TS Carbon Fiber hood with Locking aerocatch hood pins, recently clear coated due to discoloration in the cheap gel coat that seibon uses - 300
-Web Motorsports carbon fiber hatch with carbon fiber high spoiler and roof spoiler, super rare items, not cheap to ship, includes glass - 1000
-Hana front bumper, some scratches from scraping the ground and I heard bad noises when it was loaded onto the tow truck due to his chains being sandwiched between the bumper and the deck of the truck. So probably worse scratches and maybe cracks. Probably not worth buying - 200
-Clinched 1.2” classic flares, painted Hyundai carbon grey- 200
-SSR gtx01 wheels 18x9.5et22 with Michelin pilot supersport tires - 2000
-AEM cold air intake - 100
-Black powder coated valve covers - 150
-Black powder coated fuel rails with pressure gauge - 150
-DC Sports front and rear strut bars - 200
-Ultra Racing room bar, powder coated black - 200
-Ultra Racing Front and rear lower bars - 200
-BC coilovers - 600
-ARK rear sway bar - 200
-ARK DTS catback exhaust with burnt tips - 500
-Custom aluminum two seat conversion with Taylor sealed aluminum battery box for battery relocation to back seat - 400
-System Upgrade Short throw shifter - 200

Stockpiled in my basement I have:
-Built shortblock with Ross Racing pistons 10:1, bored .0020 over, rings gapped for up to 15 psi boost, shot peened rods, king bearings, zero miles, still in the plastic as I got it from the machine shop, 3000
-Ported and polished heads with ferrea springs, retainers, and spring seat locators - 1500
-Colt triflow cams - 500
-Another set of black powder coated valve covers -150
-ARK mega force lightweight pulleys powder coated blue - 400
-NGM lower intake manifold - 300
-NGM sniper supercharger with black manifold, includes larger injectors, 1 step colder spark plugs, 2.7” pulley - 2500
-NGM 70mm throttle body - 300
-Frozen boost heat exchanger - 100
-Bosch water pump - 100
-Mishimoto radiator with 12” blue mishimoto fans and black mishimoto hoses - 300
-Cluchmasters fx350 clutch - 600
-ARK chromoly flywheel - 300
-Twm shifter base and cable bushings - 50
-Custom headers from Jonathan Newcomb’s race car - 500
-KŲnig Oversteer wheels 18x8et35 - 300
-Custom flat bottom leather steering wheel from a polish ebayer, dmdicks has one and loves it, mine was taken out of the box to inspect when I received it and has lived in the box ever since. - 300
I have a handful of odds and ends as well that are not for the build and are just taking up space such as a complete red leather and black cloth rear seat with all brackets and seatbelts, stock crank pulley, stock alternator, stock throttle body, stock cam pulleys, stock fuel rails, stock valve covers, a set of stock motor mounts, complete diode dynamics low beam hid conversion, plus all the parts that I’m going to be pulling off the blown motor once I get around to it. So if you’re looking for stock motor parts, there’s a good chance that I might have some available depending on the extent of the damage to the motor.

Last edited by Heavenswrong; 03-21-2019 at 05:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 03-18-2019, 09:27 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Hurdler5280
Re: Gauging interest. A lot of parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenswrong View Post
So I managed to snap a timing belt with 30,000 miles on it this weekend. This car isnít worth the money that Iíve already put into it and Iím thinking this is a good time to get out of the tiburon game. Keep in mind that Iím just gauging interest. I havenít fully made up my mind yet. I hate to let it go after all the time and money that Iíve put into it, but I feel like I need to just cut my losses and listen to my head instead of my heart.
All parts are from 2007 SE V6 but a lot will work with other years/engines.
On the car:
-Seibon TS Carbon Fiber hood with Locking aerocatch hood pins
-Web Motorsports carbon fiber hatch with carbon fiber high spoiler and roof spoiler
-Hana front bumper
-Clinched 1.2Ē classic flares
-SSR gtx01 wheels 18x9.5et22 with Michelin pilot supersport tires
-AEM cold air intake
-Black powder coated valve covers
-Black powder coated fuel rails with pressure gauge
-DC Sports front and rear strut bars
-Ultra Racing room bar, powder coated black
-Ultra Racing Front and rear lower bars
-BC coilovers
-ARK rear sway bar
-ARK DTS catback exhaust with burnt tips
-Custom aluminum two seat conversion with Taylor sealed aluminum battery box for battery relocation to back seat
-System Upgrade Short throw shifter

Stockpiled in my basement I have:
-Built shortblock with Ross Racing pistons 10:1, bored .0020 over, rings gapped for up to 15 psi boost, shot peened rods, king bearings
-Ported and polished heads with ferrea springs, retainers, and spring seat locators
-Colt triflow cams
-Another set of black powder coated valve covers
-ARK mega force lightweight pulleys powder coated blue
-NGM lower intake manifold
-NGM sniper supercharger with black manifold
-NGM 70mm throttle body
-Frozen boost heat exchanger
-Bosch water pump
-Mishimoto radiator with 12Ē blue mishimoto fans and black mishimoto hoses
-Cluchmasters fx350 clutch
-ARK chromoly flywheel
-Twm shifter base and cable bushings
-Custom headers from Jonathan Newcombís race car
-KŲnig Oversteer wheels 18x8et35
Thereís probably more but Iím not motivated enough to go search through the boxes at the moment.
Damn man that is horrible to hear. You snapped the belt on the engine on the car or the engine you have in the basement? Where are you located?
If you go through with it I'm interested in the engine and supercharger stuff:

-ARK DTS catback exhaust with burnt tips
-Built shortblock with Ross Racing pistons 10:1, bored .0020 over, rings gapped for up to 15 psi boost, shot peened rods, king bearings
-Ported and polished heads with ferrea springs, retainers, and spring seat locators
-Colt triflow cams
-NGM lower intake manifold
-NGM sniper supercharger with black manifold
-NGM 70mm throttle body
-Frozen boost heat exchanger
-Bosch water pump

Last edited by Hurdler5280; 03-18-2019 at 09:35 PM.
post #3 of 25 Old 03-18-2019, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Novice

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurdler5280 View Post

Damn man that is horrible to hear. You snapped the belt on the engine on the car or the engine you have in the basement? Where are you located?
The belt on the car snapped, the engine in the basement isn’t actually in the basement at the moment. It’s still at the machine shop getting put together. I’m in Baltimore.

post #4 of 25 Old 03-18-2019, 11:01 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Rushking19
Garage

Lots of cool parts and wow your the guy who bought Johnathan newcombes headers long ago how much for the rear sway bar and Cf hatch
post #5 of 25 Old 03-18-2019, 11:45 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
TwoTibs is an unknown quantity at this point
Very interested in the carbon hatch an carbon wing ark pullys an front sway bar
post #6 of 25 Old 03-18-2019, 11:51 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Beyond150mph
DIBS on the ARK Pulleys and Port Polished Heads and NGM Throttle Body PM Sent. I have purchased from you before. Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 25 Old 03-19-2019, 08:43 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
special_fx has a spectacular aura aboutspecial_fx has a spectacular aura about

Nice stuff, im interested in a few of them
DM sent
post #8 of 25 Old 03-20-2019, 01:58 AM
NewTiburon.com Professional

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
The_Evenger
Garage

Where are you located? I'd be interested in the DC Sports front and rear strut bars if you're not too far.

2004 Tiburon GT WN | minor performance mods(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
post #9 of 25 Old 03-20-2019, 05:19 PM
3D-Printed Life

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
GK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud of
Garage

Definitely would be interested in NGM Lower Intake Manifold but I see others have requested it before me. Your list otherwise has a ton of stuff I'd be interested in but shipping to Canada probably wouldn't be that much fun.

post #10 of 25 Old 03-20-2019, 06:51 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Kimchi_Rocket is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage

Sent you a DM. Also interested in headers! Forgot to include that

2004 GT - NX nitrous kit 75-shot, NX RPM/WOT digital switch, Ark 287s 19x9.5 wheels, Ark DT-P coilovers, NGM Stage IV LIM, XG350 brake conversion w/ D+S rotors, NGK Iridium IX plugs/wires (+1 step colder), Wideband AFR gauge, Custom 3-inch Dual exhaust with Hooker Header Aerochamber Mufflers, BDR IAC restrictor plate, Injen Cold Air Intake, 2-seat conversion, Pirelli P-zero Tires, Custom TUSCANI fiberglass sub-box w/ 12-inch P3 RF Punch Subwoofer + JBL amp.
post #11 of 25 Old 03-21-2019, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Novice

(Thread Starter)
There is a decent amount of interest, however there is also a lot of ‘sticker shock’. Since I’m not in a hurry to sell and just seeing if I can recover most of the money that I have put into the parts that I have, some things are not going to be cheap. Most of the parts that aren’t on the car are brand new, and the block and heads have all brand new components plus the cost of the machine work and assembly. So with those things, what I’m going to be saving you isn’t money, but time, the time of waiting for custom parts to be made and the work to be done. I will look over what I have today and post anything that I missed and the prices that I would like to get for them. I obviously have no use for a block built for boost, if I have no supercharger, etc. Everything was kind of accumulated with a specific goal in mind and goes hand in hand. So if I can’t recover most of my costs for the major parts, then I will not be selling the supporting parts and just continue the build.
Chris Withenshaw likes this.
post #12 of 25 Old 03-23-2019, 06:49 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
turbovenom is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage
Wouldnt this be the excuse u need to put the built setup in? Anyways id be interested in the shortblock if the others fall through
post #13 of 25 Old 03-23-2019, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Novice

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbovenom View Post
Wouldnt this be the excuse u need to put the built setup in? Anyways id be interested in the shortblock if the others fall through
It absolutely would be. But I don’t particularly want to spend any more money on the car and I would have to spend quite a bit more to do it properly and the way that I want to do it. I wouldn’t want to do anything half assed or cheap out on anything. The only people that have shown interest in the block either changed their mind or didn’t reply back when I told them how much I wanted for it. I’m guessing that shipping isn’t going to be cheap, but I have a friend at a performance shop here and i can ask him if he knows the best way to ship a block.
post #14 of 25 Old 03-25-2019, 07:46 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Chugchug3 is an unknown quantity at this point
If you want you can shoot me a text with pics to make it faster 361-402-8993
I’m Andrew by the way
post #15 of 25 Old 04-01-2019, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Novice

(Thread Starter)
Bumping this to the top again. I’m looking for legitimate interest in the motor, heads, supercharger kit, clutch, cams, headers and other big items before I commit to a part out. Prices don’t include shipping.
post #16 of 25 Old 04-01-2019, 02:32 PM
Still the same me...

Mentioned: 250 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2211 Post(s)
Charlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud of

Dumb question......where are you?
Maybe a local can buy and pick up, otherwise, peeps can get a basic shipping,cost.......
Dude....really? Put in at least a state or Provence if in North America.......

Sheesh.......

Wifes car: 2004 Tib GT, 2.7L, 5MT, 193K miles, medium blue, basically stock.
My car: 1998 Legacy GT wagon, 2.5L, 5MT, 176K miles, "Quicksilver", not stock and not slow...

"life is lived, one corner at a time".

Best NT.com '13 New-Comer, NT.com '13 Technical Advise & Info (runner-up), NT.com '13 Non-Tib (3rd) .
post #17 of 25 Old 04-01-2019, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Novice

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
Dumb question......where are you?
Maybe a local can buy and pick up, otherwise, peeps can get a basic shipping,cost.......
Dude....really? Put in at least a state or Provence if in North America.......

Sheesh.......
The first post says that I’m in Baltimore, the first reply asked where I was located, so the third post also says that I’m in Baltimore. Should I put that I’m in Baltimore in every post? Sheesh!
post #18 of 25 Old 04-01-2019, 06:22 PM
Still the same me...

Mentioned: 250 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2211 Post(s)
Charlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenswrong View Post
The first post says that Iím in Baltimore, the first reply asked where I was located, so the third post also says that Iím in Baltimore. Should I put that Iím in Baltimore in every post? Sheesh!
Take this as a forum poster to another forum poster......

You have been here close to 5 years.
Frikkin post at least your state (if you are in US, Provence if Canada), so peeps don't have to filter through posts......you tend to post "wall of words......".

My stuff gets you to within 2 miles of my house, just chill.......

From many forums, I have no clue why peeps are so secretive....dang state is a start, zip is within several miles mostly....
Do you want to sell or not?!?!?!

Sigh........

Wifes car: 2004 Tib GT, 2.7L, 5MT, 193K miles, medium blue, basically stock.
My car: 1998 Legacy GT wagon, 2.5L, 5MT, 176K miles, "Quicksilver", not stock and not slow...

"life is lived, one corner at a time".

Best NT.com '13 New-Comer, NT.com '13 Technical Advise & Info (runner-up), NT.com '13 Non-Tib (3rd) .
post #19 of 25 Old 04-01-2019, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Novice

(Thread Starter)
How am I being secretive? I will elaborate on my last post. I live in Baltimore, Baltimore is the name of a city. It’s in Maryland. Which is a state in the United States. The area I live in is called hampden, which is in the north west part of Baltimore city. My zip code is 21211.
post #20 of 25 Old 04-01-2019, 08:16 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
008tib is an unknown quantity at this point

I am definitely interested in the purchasing the carbon fiber hood.

Do you have any contact information which we can discuss further.

Thanks!
post #21 of 25 Old 04-02-2019, 12:50 AM
BGP
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
BGP is an unknown quantity at this point

I am happy to buy -NGM sniper supercharger with black manifold, includes larger injectors, 1 step colder spark plugs, 2.7” pulley - 2500
Please write me a personal message, I still can not write them myself.
We agree on payment and shipping.
post #22 of 25 Old 04-04-2019, 02:23 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
muffasa51 is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage
I miss seeing your car always loved the color
post #23 of 25 Old 04-04-2019, 05:06 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
4scoresn7yrsago is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage

I'm interested. Will shoot you a PM when I'm ready.
post #24 of 25 Old 04-04-2019, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Novice

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffasa51 View Post
I miss seeing your car always loved the color
I know. It’s so frustrating. The timing belt snapped two days after you called me about what my next steps should be. I dropped the block off to get the rods shot blasted that evening but the car was a giant paper weight before they got the block put back together.
post #25 of 25 Old 04-04-2019, 10:05 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
special_fx has a spectacular aura aboutspecial_fx has a spectacular aura about

Hey , PM sent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in