NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
ryken is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Wheels

Tired of my old wheels falling apart, losing air, chrome beading, one bent from a pothole, etc. Looking for something used and cheapish, perhaps an unwanted and forgotten old set someone has laying around. I don't care about curb rash or appearance as long as the wheels aren't bent and actually hold air.

Looking for a set of 17" or possibly 18", preferably at 7.5" wide but considering other options.
Also considering a set of the 2007-2008 GT tib wheels if anyone wants to offload those.

I live in Phoenix, AZ, but will be traveling up through Vegas and Reno later this month.

2003 v6 6sp. || Ark N-II Cat-back || Injen SRI || Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel || CM Stage 2 Clutch || Slave Cylinder Mod || 18 x 7.5 MetalFX M80 wheels || 225/40ZR18 Kumho 4x tires || Viper 3303 Alarm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-07-2019, 10:24 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Heavenswrong is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the stock wheels from my 07 SE that I don’t use. They work perfectly but do have pretty significant curb rash.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-08-2019, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Re: Wheels

That sounds great to me, as long as they're fully functioning and don't give steering vibration or anything.

Only thing that might be killer is the shipping cost, how much would you let them go for?

2003 v6 6sp. || Ark N-II Cat-back || Injen SRI || Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel || CM Stage 2 Clutch || Slave Cylinder Mod || 18 x 7.5 MetalFX M80 wheels || 225/40ZR18 Kumho 4x tires || Viper 3303 Alarm

post #4 of 6 Old 08-08-2019, 08:42 PM
Still the same me...

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2240 Post(s)
Charlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryken View Post
Tired of my old wheels falling apart, losing air, chrome beading, one bent from a pothole, etc. Looking for something used and cheapish, perhaps an unwanted and forgotten old set someone has laying around. I don't care about curb rash or appearance as long as the wheels aren't bent and actually hold air.

Looking for a set of 17" or possibly 18", preferably at 7.5" wide but considering other options.
Also considering a set of the 2007-2008 GT tib wheels if anyone wants to offload those.

I live in Phoenix, AZ, but will be traveling up through Vegas and Reno later this month.
I would look local for used, or.....if you need tires soon....TireRack or similar get tires and rims already done.

Wifes car: 2004 Tib GT, 2.7L, 5MT, 193K miles, medium blue, basically stock.
My car: 1998 Legacy GT wagon, 2.5L, 5MT, 176K miles, "Quicksilver", not stock and not slow...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"life is lived, one corner at a time".
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Best NT.com '13 New-Comer, NT.com '13 Technical Advise & Info (runner-up), NT.com '13 Non-Tib (3rd) .
post #5 of 6 Old 08-09-2019, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
I would look local for used, or.....if you need tires soon....TireRack or similar get tires and rims already done.
That's where I'm looking, mostly. Just figured it wouldn't hurt to expand my search to the community here

post #6 of 6 Old 08-09-2019, 07:22 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Heavenswrong is an unknown quantity at this point
You’re probably right about shipping being crazy. You can just have them if you pay for shipping, but you might be able to find a better deal locally or on a new set of super cheap, crappy wheels, like XXRs or Rotas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
7.5, buying, rims, wheels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in