Valeo clutch and flywheel ebay review - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By treyclash13

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 08-07-2008, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Novice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
treyclash13
(Thread Starter)
Talking Valeo clutch and flywheel ebay review

About a month ago i got a stage 2 racing valeo clutch and valeo fly wheel that also included pressure plates a new throw out barring. I am trying to be helpful to my fellow tibby owners cause I am still learning about cars this is prolly the only thing i feel safe helping on . but anywayz. Here is my review. So far i have put about 500 in town miles and about 600 highway if that. I run into alot of cars that want to play so i will admit this thing has been given hell now and again. so far i have had no problem with the combo installed but i have had to take it to the hyundai dealership because the tards at the transmission shop mixed brake 2 different transmission fluids (brake fluids) cause a pressure built up and the master cylinder swell from the pressure built up and go out about 200 miles ago rude transmission people. but other then that it has been more then amazing. its a real sturdy clutch soo far and havent burnt it a bit. the transmission was rebuilt at the same time as the install because of a jammed syncros (i think thats how u spell it lol). on street racing terms..... you need to be on a main highway/straight to get the performance you are looking for, the reason i state this is because in the set when u put it in you are going from the stock aluminum flywheel to a steel flywheel- pros- more momentum therefore easier to keep rpms higher (the rate of revolutions drop slower) - cons- aluminum is lighter then the steel therefore take less time to built up so technically u are loosing about 5-10 hp because it takes the flywheel longer to built up but that can alwayz be canceled out with a cat back exaust . so far i have only grinded twice... i was racing a chevy ssr and threw it into 5th from 6th at about 90 and it didnt go all the way in and grinded, just recently today i dropped it in first leaving my school and it didnt go all the way in and grinded a tad, but i guess that is my fault because i am 16 and this is my first manual transmission.... . for the cost this thing is amazing. i payed $400 without shipping and that included EVERYTHING. a stock oem flywheel itself is $800. one thing i have majorly noticed is the clutch pedal is ALOT easier to press in, which is suprising to me because its a stage 2 clutch. the mechanics that drove it wen i took it there for the master clutch cylinder were like WOW it shifts smooooooothhhhhh. so i was kinda happy about that. i also got some kind of aloy cylinder taken out when the combo was put it and that was some kinda something that caused the clutch to release late so there would be a smaller chance of clutch burning. overall it is a little bouncy wen shifting but that just may be me.

Pros- AMAZING FOR COST! very smooth shifts and NO slipping when getting completely into the gas.

Cons- Small loss of horsepower cause by heavier flywheel.

Personal Thoughts- I am very happy with my decision.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...WN:IT&ih=02 5
08TiburonSE likes this.

03 Tibby GT 6-Spd. System upgrade STS. Injen CAI. Bomz Coilovers. Bomz Racing Seats with Wepeon R Brackets. 2x Megan 4pt Harness. VIS Carbon Fiber Hood. 2x 1500 kiker 12" cvx subs. 1 1800w peak kiker amp. Custom Trunk enclosure. Stage 2 Valeo KDM Clutch/Flywheel/TOB/Pressure Plates. Kazera Light Weight 17.5 Racing Rims.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-17-2016, 08:20 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
GuamBomb will become famous soon enough
Re: Valeo clutch and flywheel ebay review

Sorry to pull up a old thread. I'm in the process on purchasing a new clutch and flywheel. Valeo and clutch master some of my choices. Valeo is cheaper(price) and heard a few good thinks especially from dmdick.

Do you still have this clutch in your tib? What's the status on it? How many miles did you put on it and how did it hold up? Thanks for any updates.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in