post #1 of 5 Old 02-06-2019, 06:05 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
venomex is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Parking Brake Indication Light

Welcome, this is my first thread on this forum.

I've got my Tiburon RD MY2001 with 1.6L engine & manual transmission since 2017, but till now there was simply no time for taking care of few minor repairs. One of them is a Parking Brake Indication Light.

The thing is, I bought this car with a LPG system installed and I had found that the guy that installated the system cut off the wires responsible for heated seats, belt switch and parking brake switch and used them for lpg switch. I know, how dumb. I had already fixed the heated seats, now is time for parking brake switch.

So, where is the Z01 diode location? On service manual

Brake Warning System Schematic

there is a note of diode that connects to a system. Or how to connect to a brake warning system? Parking switch is simply a one-wired device, that uses a ground from a car platform and - from a wire connected to a M36 connector. And this wire with a connector is cut off entirely. Threre is a SM55 connection location on the manual, but I have not got a DRL module installed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-08-2019, 10:47 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
fuxxy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Parking Brake Indication Light

Are you certain that the switch is working, and is being triggered by the parking brake lever properly?

On mine, one of the parking brake cables snapped, and the proper tension was not supplied to keep the handle down - it kept triggering the light while driving.

To properly answer your question, I believe the diode is mounted to the back of the circuit board on the instrument panel.

Last edited by fuxxy; 02-08-2019 at 11:00 PM.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-10-2019, 03:57 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuxxy View Post
Are you certain that the switch is working, and is being triggered by the parking brake lever properly?

On mine, one of the parking brake cables snapped, and the proper tension was not supplied to keep the handle down - it kept triggering the light while driving.

To properly answer your question, I believe the diode is mounted to the back of the circuit board on the instrument panel.
Yes. I am 100% certain that there is no wire connected to switch. I just removed the console to check that and the switch is attached to lever properly and if I apply the brake the button on switch pulls down just as it should be. There is simply no wire, no connector required to to attach to the switch. I just need to figure out where the other end of the this single wire should go.

post #4 of 5 Old 02-10-2019, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)

Solved.

Harnes m34 was ripped off from car. To rebuild it, I removed instrument cluster and attached a 0.5 wire to pin 11 in dashboard connector. Then I attached a 600 ohms 12v diode between the wire and parking brake switch, catode towards the switch. Works like a charm. Also I found out that belt switch light needed just a bulb to work. 100% working,
post #5 of 5 Old 02-10-2019, 04:06 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
fuxxy is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahh, awesome. Glad it's working now!

I've been scouring the service manuals for the 2001, and the circuit appears almost identical to the GK models (2003-2006). On our models the Z01 diode is located in the wiring harness behind the radio. As far as the wiring path, there is a splice located in the driver side kick panel as well.

I can't find much useful information like that for your 2001 - my info was pulled form the HMAservice flash player service manual for the 2006.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
brake switch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in