post #1 of 485 Old 11-20-2015, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Novice

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
p1llar is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
What did you do to your Tib today?

I've seen similar threads on different forums. Figured this would get some activity on the forum!

Post what ya did to your tiburon today, post a picture if possible.

I installed Progress springs in the front of my car after work.

joeyinthemix and MrElantra104 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 485 Old 11-21-2015, 12:27 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 558 Post(s)
oni888 has a spectacular aura aboutoni888 has a spectacular aura aboutoni888 has a spectacular aura about
Re: What did you do to your Tib today?

drove it 4 miles to dinner and back home.
NoSloppy likes this.

Wife's car: 2008 GS, L4 AT Hypersilver. all Tuscani trim. metal silver trim plates, door handles, pulls and center fascia, some leather and many cat fur festooned interior parts. burn hole on rear seat along with stuffed kitty "Lucky." Traded 2/25/16 for a 2012 Black Kia Soul+, 2.0 [email protected], 6speed auto. 42k miles, all bells and whistles. no Gerbils(or Hamsters) but stuffed kitty "Lucky" has back seat (no burn hole)all to himself.
post #3 of 485 Old 11-21-2015, 05:38 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Tibanator has a spectacular aura aboutTibanator has a spectacular aura about
Prepped it to list it for sale next week.
oni888 likes this.
post #4 of 485 Old 11-21-2015, 10:06 AM
ERMAHGERD, ERM AH MERD!

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
brooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud of

I'll use yesterday..

Got new pads and rotors on the rear brakes and a new air filter!

Was shocked at how little difference I could tell on the braking, but whatever

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 485 Old 11-21-2015, 12:09 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
The_Evenger
Garage

I put my snow wheels on yesterday

and got snow today, talk about luck
post #6 of 485 Old 11-21-2015, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Novice

(Thread Starter)
^good call. We just got snow on Wednesday!

Well my front springs are "popping" going lock to lock, a little bit annoyed. Not sure if I should just deal with the occasional pop, or redo it and rotate the mounts or isolated.
post #7 of 485 Old 11-21-2015, 02:03 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
CLuk has a spectacular aura aboutCLuk has a spectacular aura aboutCLuk has a spectacular aura about

Regretting getting rid of it. Bought a new vehicle and it's already back at the dealership for testing
post #8 of 485 Old 11-21-2015, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Novice

(Thread Starter)
Spent two hours in the cold garage tearing the front end apart. No popping tho!

post #9 of 485 Old 11-22-2015, 10:42 AM
Still the same me...

Mentioned: 250 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2212 Post(s)
Charlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud of
Cool Re: What did you do to your Tib today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooni23 View Post
I'll use yesterday..

Got new pads and rotors on the rear brakes and a new air filter!

Was shocked at how little difference I could tell on the braking, but whatever
We did new rears as well (a week or so ago). Finally got rid of the "drilled" rotors. I think they were cheap to begin with and ate pads fast.
I have new front rotors as well (not installed), also getting rid of the drilled ones.

Wifes car: 2004 Tib GT, 2.7L, 5MT, 193K miles, medium blue, basically stock.
My car: 1998 Legacy GT wagon, 2.5L, 5MT, 176K miles, "Quicksilver", not stock and not slow...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"life is lived, one corner at a time".

Best NT.com '13 New-Comer, NT.com '13 Technical Advise & Info (runner-up), NT.com '13 Non-Tib (3rd) .
post #10 of 485 Old 11-22-2015, 01:25 PM
NewTiburon.com God

oni888 has a spectacular aura aboutoni888 has a spectacular aura aboutoni888 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
We did new rears as well (a week or so ago). Finally got rid of the "drilled" rotors. I think they were cheap to begin with and ate pads fast.
I have new front rotors as well (not installed), also getting rid of the drilled ones.
sitting in bumper to bumper traffic and creeping along at a snails pace riding the brakes every damn day of the week probably didnt help!!

Wife's car: 2008 GS, L4 AT Hypersilver. all Tuscani trim. metal silver trim plates, door handles, pulls and center fascia, some leather and many cat fur festooned interior parts. burn hole on rear seat along with stuffed kitty "Lucky." Traded 2/25/16 for a 2012 Black Kia Soul+, 2.0 [email protected], 6speed auto. 42k miles, all bells and whistles. no Gerbils(or Hamsters) but stuffed kitty "Lucky" has back seat (no burn hole)all to himself.
post #11 of 485 Old 11-22-2015, 02:59 PM
Still the same me...

Mentioned: 250 Post(s)
Quoted: 2212 Post(s)
Charlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud of
Cool Re: What did you do to your Tib today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oni888 View Post
sitting in bumper to bumper traffic and creeping along at a snails pace riding the brakes every damn day of the week probably didn't help!!
Wife's usual trips are local, thus no "stop & go" traffic.

I've seen multiple issues with drilled and/or slotted brakes when not "driven hard".

"If you don't use it, you lose it...."

For "normal & legal" driving, slotted and/or drilled rotors are a "bling" thing.......

Just saying........

Wifes car: 2004 Tib GT, 2.7L, 5MT, 193K miles, medium blue, basically stock.
My car: 1998 Legacy GT wagon, 2.5L, 5MT, 176K miles, "Quicksilver", not stock and not slow...

"life is lived, one corner at a time".

Best NT.com '13 New-Comer, NT.com '13 Technical Advise & Info (runner-up), NT.com '13 Non-Tib (3rd) .
post #12 of 485 Old 11-22-2015, 03:03 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
maze1291 is a glorious beacon of lightmaze1291 is a glorious beacon of lightmaze1291 is a glorious beacon of lightmaze1291 is a glorious beacon of lightmaze1291 is a glorious beacon of light
Garage

Friday afternoon I undercoated the **** out of it and parked it down the side of my parent's garage for the winter.

Name:  ImageUploadedByAG Free1448222567.112120.jpg
Views: 1498
Size:  51.7 KB

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Breaking things is just an opportunity to make them better.
post #13 of 485 Old 11-22-2015, 06:30 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
Wife's usual trips are local, thus no "stop & go" traffic.

I've seen multiple issues with drilled and/or slotted brakes when not "driven hard".

"If you don't use it, you lose it...."

For "normal & legal" driving, slotted and/or drilled rotors are a "bling" thing.......

Just saying........
well, you dont live off Rt10 in Morris Plains and drive east to Whippany and back during rush hours either, a whole 4 mile trip one way! one snowy November with road dept on strike i spent close to 3 hrs making that trip home. was about to abandon my truck and walk home, woulda been quicker. never had or used drilled/slotted brakes, not even for "looks". youre way up there in the sticks, similar to where i was in Stanhope, surrounded by Lake Hopatcong and the Musconetcong Regional Sewerage Authority. what else besides Skylands and Greenwood Lake is up thataway nowadays?

Last edited by oni888; 11-22-2015 at 06:37 PM.
post #14 of 485 Old 11-25-2015, 01:09 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 512 Post(s)
KelConquer will become famous soon enoughKelConquer will become famous soon enough
Garage

The Tiburon got fresh oil, plugs and wires this weekend (switching to 5W30 for Winter). I also just hit 150k the other day (woo!) The plugs are my usual NGK copper V-power but I also bought an NGK wire set which I feel oh-so-fancy for having. Here's a picture with my roommate's 06 Forester, also getting an oil change.

08TiburonSE likes this.

"Broken things break other things."
post #15 of 485 Old 11-28-2015, 09:35 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Patricki7
Garage

Messing with some chrome door handles. Was a little more difficult than I expected. Needs a few more tweaks.

08TiburonSE likes this.
post #16 of 485 Old 11-28-2015, 11:47 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Flying__Fox is an unknown quantity at this point

It wasn't exactly today, but yesterday I replaced a bent lower control arm. It was a PAIN getting off without air tools. But half a can of WD-40 did the trick.

post #17 of 485 Old 11-29-2015, 10:35 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
NoSloppy will become famous soon enough
Garage

Installed my remote starter. Made this video to add to the archives for how to splice into the ignition wires solderlessly, yet properly.
Non-severing solderless splicing
The_Evenger and Henk1959 like this.

>> 2003 Tiburon GT V6 <<

----2.7 V6 5-Speed daily driver. Stock motor except AEM SRI. 14 years of mods.
----Other than engine replacement, all pertaining to electrical, lighting, audio, and cosmetic.
post #18 of 485 Old 11-29-2015, 03:41 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
jsingh4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

finally got snow tires on it
post #19 of 485 Old 11-30-2015, 12:15 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
NoSloppy will become famous soon enough
Garage

Managed to unpair my stock kefob while alarm was set. Made some embarrassing noise, then
I kept trying to re-pair it with the key ON with no success. Thanks to NT.com, I read it's just to ACC, hit lock, remove key.
Also learned that the alarm stops after 30secs, then car is actually startable after another 30secs ....like nothing happened. Sheesh

>> 2003 Tiburon GT V6 <<

----2.7 V6 5-Speed daily driver. Stock motor except AEM SRI. 14 years of mods.
----Other than engine replacement, all pertaining to electrical, lighting, audio, and cosmetic.
post #20 of 485 Old 12-03-2015, 02:59 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Dane Babcock is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage

Replaced alternator and neutral safety switch
post #21 of 485 Old 01-01-2016, 12:45 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
The_Evenger
Garage

I installed me some heated seats! Toasty~

Unfortunately I couldn't find a wiring hares for the oem button so I had to improvise with this guy, but hay, it works!

I also was getting a P0130 o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 code in <20F temperatures that would go away once warmed up. Now that I've replaced it it hasn't come back so I think I can confirm that's fixed!
KelConquer likes this.

Last edited by The_Evenger; 01-01-2016 at 12:55 PM.
post #22 of 485 Old 01-01-2016, 01:19 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
gleamingthecube is an unknown quantity at this point

I replaced my crankshaft position sensor so the car would start. Now I need to chase down a rogue CEL. :-/

Old, crispy CKPS
post #23 of 485 Old 01-01-2016, 03:24 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
DoubleA is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Evenger View Post
I installed me some heated seats! Toasty~

Unfortunately I couldn't find a wiring hares for the oem button so I had to improvise with this guy, but hay, it works!

I also was getting a P0130 o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 code in <20F temperatures that would go away once warmed up. Now that I've replaced it it hasn't come back so I think I can confirm that's fixed!

Was this hard at all? I may have to tackle this one lol. That leathers cold in the winter months lol.. Id like to hear how you went about this.
post #24 of 485 Old 01-01-2016, 05:42 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Thumbs down Re: What did you do to your Tib today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleA View Post
Was this hard at all? I may have to tackle this one lol. That leathers cold in the winter months lol.. Id like to hear how you went about this.

well, DUH!!! here ya go....

https://www.newtiburon.com/forums/diy...e-edition.html
The_Evenger likes this.

post #25 of 485 Old 01-01-2016, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Novice

(Thread Starter)

Installed my new SRS catback... Positives, I cannot believe the seat of the pants feel above 4000rpms, gains were had. The exhaust sounds phenomenal. The bad, fitment is not great (right muffler is very close to the bumper). There is substantial interior drone. I ended up pulling the spare out and laying some left over insulation I had in the basement then putting the spare in. It seemed to help a little but there is still vibration and constant drone around 2000rpms.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in