post #1 of 7 Old 03-28-2019, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Denoukura is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Lost my Tibby

Guys! A lot has happened since I've actually been on here. Mainly, my Tib got totaled. I got sideswiped by a rig that was bobtailing down the highway. I'm alive, but still angry about the car. She was damaged on several panels and IMO not salvageable. I'll be around to offer what advise I can every now and then, but I went and got myself a BK2 Gen Coupe. Loved the Tiburon, and I love this community. Keep it real guys.
-Denoukura
Attached Images

forbiddenfruit likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-29-2019, 12:38 AM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tibbytabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage
Re: Lost my Tibby

ah man rip to the tibby. That really sucks. Mine got totaled from the front. It's honestly the worst feeling. sorry to hear that. Nice Gen though!

If I can't make it fast, I don't want it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 03-29-2019, 06:50 AM
NewTiburon.com Post Master

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 999 Post(s)
dmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to behold

As long as the subframe isn't damaged it looks rebuildable. all the panels I can see from the pic are replaceable. The rear panel would have to be cut out and a new one welded on, but shouldn't be a big deal for a decent body shop.

Huffin E85 and lovin every minute of it!!

Hit me up on gmail chat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 7 Old 03-30-2019, 06:34 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdicks View Post
As long as the subframe isn't damaged it looks rebuildable. all the panels I can see from the pic are replaceable. The rear panel would have to be cut out and a new one welded on, but shouldn't be a big deal for a decent body shop.
Subframe in the trunk pan and the front clip got twisted up pretty good. Was thinking about buying the car back from insurance until I saw that. I don't have the time/money for a frame puller. That shot is just off initial impact. Passenger front and passenger rear took a solid hit as well. Not to mention 3 of the wheels were chewed to h**l.
post #5 of 7 Old 03-30-2019, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibbytabby View Post
ah man rip to the tibby. That really sucks. Mine got totaled from the front. It's honestly the worst feeling. sorry to hear that. Nice Gen though!
I really am glad you're getting to fix yours. Like I said, I loved that car and still miss it. In my neck of the woods nobody had one. Same goes for the Genesis though. I see a ton of sedans, but no coupes. I kinda like it that way. Lol
post #6 of 7 Old 03-30-2019, 05:14 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tibbytabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denoukura View Post
I really am glad you're getting to fix yours. Like I said, I loved that car and still miss it. In my neck of the woods nobody had one. Same goes for the Genesis though. I see a ton of sedans, but no coupes. I kinda like it that way. Lol
That's exactly how it is around where I live. I've only ever seen one other tiburon and it was a nevada plate, so it wasn't local. My car was, and will be when it's up and going again, a rarity and it always turned heads at meets. I hope someday you can grab another one for cheap and make it a project car. Maybe make some power with one in the future? Who knows. Anyway, I'll keep you updated on my rebuild. If you're ever in California for some reason, hit me up and I'll let you drive it 😁

If I can't make it fast, I don't want it
post #7 of 7 Old 03-30-2019, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibbytabby View Post
That's exactly how it is around where I live. I've only ever seen one other tiburon and it was a nevada plate, so it wasn't local. My car was, and will be when it's up and going again, a rarity and it always turned heads at meets. I hope someday you can grab another one for cheap and make it a project car. Maybe make some power with one in the future? Who knows. Anyway, I'll keep you updated on my rebuild. If you're ever in California for some reason, hit me up and I'll let you drive it 😁
For sure. I'm quite literally across the country from you, but if I do make it out there, that's a deal. Same goes to you and the Gen if you're ever in middle Georgia. 👍🤙
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in