Lost my Tibby - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums
 
User Tag List

 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Denoukura
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-28-2019, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie
 
Denoukura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Denoukura is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Lost my Tibby

Guys! A lot has happened since I've actually been on here. Mainly, my Tib got totaled. I got sideswiped by a rig that was bobtailing down the highway. I'm alive, but still angry about the car. She was damaged on several panels and IMO not salvageable. I'll be around to offer what advise I can every now and then, but I went and got myself a BK2 Gen Coupe. Loved the Tiburon, and I love this community. Keep it real guys.
-Denoukura
Attached Images
  
forbiddenfruit likes this.
Denoukura is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 03-29-2019, 12:38 AM
NewTiburon.com Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Tibbytabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage
Re: Lost my Tibby

ah man rip to the tibby. That really sucks. Mine got totaled from the front. It's honestly the worst feeling. sorry to hear that. Nice Gen though!

If I can't make it fast, I don't want it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tibbytabby is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 03-29-2019, 06:50 AM
NewTiburon.com Post Master
 
dmdicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 7,681
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 999 Post(s)
dmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to behold
Re: Lost my Tibby

As long as the subframe isn't damaged it looks rebuildable. all the panels I can see from the pic are replaceable. The rear panel would have to be cut out and a new one welded on, but shouldn't be a big deal for a decent body shop.

Huffin E85 and lovin every minute of it!!

Hit me up on gmail chat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dmdicks is offline  
post #4 of 7 Old 03-30-2019, 06:34 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie
 
Denoukura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Denoukura is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdicks View Post
As long as the subframe isn't damaged it looks rebuildable. all the panels I can see from the pic are replaceable. The rear panel would have to be cut out and a new one welded on, but shouldn't be a big deal for a decent body shop.
Subframe in the trunk pan and the front clip got twisted up pretty good. Was thinking about buying the car back from insurance until I saw that. I don't have the time/money for a frame puller. That shot is just off initial impact. Passenger front and passenger rear took a solid hit as well. Not to mention 3 of the wheels were chewed to h**l.
Denoukura is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 03-30-2019, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie
 
Denoukura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Denoukura is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibbytabby View Post
ah man rip to the tibby. That really sucks. Mine got totaled from the front. It's honestly the worst feeling. sorry to hear that. Nice Gen though!
I really am glad you're getting to fix yours. Like I said, I loved that car and still miss it. In my neck of the woods nobody had one. Same goes for the Genesis though. I see a ton of sedans, but no coupes. I kinda like it that way. Lol
Denoukura is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 03-30-2019, 05:14 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Tibbytabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage
Re: Lost my Tibby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denoukura View Post
I really am glad you're getting to fix yours. Like I said, I loved that car and still miss it. In my neck of the woods nobody had one. Same goes for the Genesis though. I see a ton of sedans, but no coupes. I kinda like it that way. Lol
That's exactly how it is around where I live. I've only ever seen one other tiburon and it was a nevada plate, so it wasn't local. My car was, and will be when it's up and going again, a rarity and it always turned heads at meets. I hope someday you can grab another one for cheap and make it a project car. Maybe make some power with one in the future? Who knows. Anyway, I'll keep you updated on my rebuild. If you're ever in California for some reason, hit me up and I'll let you drive it 😁

If I can't make it fast, I don't want it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tibbytabby is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 03-30-2019, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie
 
Denoukura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Denoukura is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibbytabby View Post
That's exactly how it is around where I live. I've only ever seen one other tiburon and it was a nevada plate, so it wasn't local. My car was, and will be when it's up and going again, a rarity and it always turned heads at meets. I hope someday you can grab another one for cheap and make it a project car. Maybe make some power with one in the future? Who knows. Anyway, I'll keep you updated on my rebuild. If you're ever in California for some reason, hit me up and I'll let you drive it 😁
For sure. I'm quite literally across the country from you, but if I do make it out there, that's a deal. Same goes to you and the Gen if you're ever in middle Georgia. 👍🤙
Denoukura is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome