LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 06-29-2019, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tech39 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Hi people.! This car makes me crazy.. Yesterday when i try to use the car for my surprise the car didn't start. Surprise because i use it in a few hours before of this fail. So the car have this parts brand because i do a extended tune up. I put new ignition, new sparks , new cables, new iac, new tps, new pcv,new purge valve, new pressure regulator, new camshaft. I did t change the crankshaft because i put new one in 2 or 3 years ago a d the car didn't ran to much daily. All the parts are GENUINE PARTS. so.. i pulling out my tester and i found some weird things. I check the manual i download here. And there said the harness plug connector in the iac , maf, cam and crank will have the battery voltage you know i understood from that will be 12.6v. But in crankshaft (always with disconnected and key in ON position ) have a 5.000v and in the iac have 3.5v .. i believed iac is 12v and that's was said in the manual. . I didn't know what to do.. the car didn't have any cel before this happen the car runs great. NO HAVE SPARK at the ignition. I didn't check the fuel pump because i believed i ear the noise of current there. Only no ear is a gurgle sounds makes after the pump is activated if i did t start the car. You know put the key in start and stay in the car and you can ear a gurgle noise from the pump or the gas tank i don't know. What i need to check.. i check fuses and relays. I switch the relays and some fuses and nothing check with car light tester and multimeter.. a few years ago i have a similar problem but a electromechanic fix it and told me was be a burn cable in from the dash but how i know because i see under dash to much cables. Can i need to check the ignition key plug ?

Last edited by Tech39; 06-29-2019 at 04:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-29-2019, 06:19 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
aveenav will become famous soon enough
Re: Tiburon 03 v6. Crank no start

re-check all fuses/relays.
How does the compression sound? Check timing belt, when was it last replaced?
Check condition of CKS wires.
Check for voltage at the coil pack when the ignition key is on.

05 Tib GT v6, 2.7L, 5MT, 140K miles, black, AEM CAI, Mussa Catback exhaust
post #3 of 9 Old 06-29-2019, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveenav View Post
Hi thanks for reply yes i check all of that. I only see the weird thing about voltage in the harness. The voltage in the pin 1 at the crankshaft is 0.3 and in the manual saids this will need a battery voltage (12v) .. and i check anothers like iac and have 3 5v when this need battery voltage.. before this happen to me. But i dont know what the tech guy do. He only told me have a bad wire under the dash and lost conection because was burn. But when i go there i see a nightmare of cables . This car have a alarm and i didnt know what to do there
post #4 of 9 Old 06-30-2019, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveenav View Post
Today checking again with my light tester this connector didnt have 12v because my light didnt shows up. See the picture i have 12v in the yellow indicator cable but NO in the red wires indicator connector.
Attached Images

post #5 of 9 Old 07-01-2019, 07:49 AM
NewTiburon.com Post Master

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1045 Post(s)
dmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to behold

Some of those wires won't have power until the key is in the run position. Put it in run without trying to start the engine and test again.

Huffin E85 and lovin every minute of it!!

Hit me up on gmail chat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 Old 07-01-2019, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdicks View Post
Some of those wires won't have power until the key is in the run position. Put it in run without trying to start the engine and test again.
I already test and no have power with or wothout the key. I dont know of that cable have 12v. But no have anything right now
post #7 of 9 Old 07-06-2019, 05:46 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
EpicRaptorMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Try checking the button sensor under the brake pedal? I know those things often brake and if so, the tailights don't work which triggers the car's computer to not start the car.
Happened to me a few months ago, had no idea what it was, and had to get the car towed. Super cheap fix.

Doubt this is the problem but no harm checking.

Game enthusiast too? Then come check out Neoseeker!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You'll see me there too.
post #8 of 9 Old 07-06-2019, 11:18 AM
Still the same me...

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Charlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicRaptorMan View Post
Try checking the button sensor under the brake pedal? I know those things often brake and if so, the tailights don't work which triggers the car's computer to not start the car.
Happened to me a few months ago, had no idea what it was, and had to get the car towed. Super cheap fix.

Doubt this is the problem but no harm checking.
On almost ANY MT, there is a clutch switch which is part of the start circuit.
I am not aware of ANY AT that needs the brake to be applied to crank.

Also....please use "brake" and "break" correctly......

I will look at some things on my wife's 04 MT GT, get back to original question.....

Wifes car: 2004 Tib GT, 2.7L, 5MT, 193K miles, medium blue, basically stock.
My car: 1998 Legacy GT wagon, 2.5L, 5MT, 176K miles, "Quicksilver", not stock and not slow...

"life is lived, one corner at a time".

Best NT.com '13 New-Comer, NT.com '13 Technical Advise & Info (runner-up), NT.com '13 Non-Tib (3rd) .
post #9 of 9 Old 07-08-2019, 12:58 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

BarrettGabriel is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice information. .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in