Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Tibbytabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Re: Bruce the quick tib

Update!
The new clutch is on the way. I went with the Spec Stage 1. I mounted the new tires to the front rims. Turns out low pros are super ****** to mount (go figure) so I'm gonna let a shop mount the rears when the car is back on the road. I found that ATP turbo makes a Y-pipe and a downpipe for the 2.7 tiburon, so I'm just gonna get those instead. Next I found that boomslang makes the plug n' play for the AEM F/IC 6 which I have tons of experience with, so thats the final decision for engine management. My seat is back ordered, so I have to wait a while for my bucket seat. My friend got me the Tuscani Elisa rebadge kit, so I'm gonna put that on. Not much else to tell. I'll start getting the clutch put in as soon as it arrives. should be by the end of next week.

If I can't make it fast, I don't want it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27 of 43 Old 10-16-2018, 09:42 PM
NewTiburon.com Post Master

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1000 Post(s)
dmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to behold
Waiting for part out or disappearing thread as you've listened to nothing I've said. Lol.
Chris Withenshaw and santura like this.

Huffin E85 and lovin every minute of it!!

Hit me up on gmail chat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #28 of 43 Old 10-17-2018, 04:32 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
EpicRaptorMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdicks View Post
Waiting for part out or disappearing thread as you've listened to nothing I've said. Lol.
Let the guy do as he pleases. All of this is his decision. There's an old saying "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it."

Game enthusiast too? Then come check out Neoseeker!

You'll see me there too.

post #29 of 43 Old 10-17-2018, 10:07 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Chris Withenshaw
Garage

Personally would have went with a little heavier clutch since you're attempting to go turbo, a stage 1 wont be much of an upgrade in holding power over stock. Also just an FYI, I've also looked at the ATP y pipe when I was first looking into my build and found that multiple members reported issues with it mating to any aftermarket exhaust manifolds/ collectors. Might be worth the nickel to get a custom job made up.
budder6 likes this.

Sponsored by Mishimoto #TeamMishi
Installed Mishimoto parts:
MMHOSE-TTIB03RD (upper & lower silicone hoses)
MMBCC-MSTWO (compact baffled oil catch can)
MMRS-ARD (aluminum radiator stays)
MMSK-BK (weighted shift knob)
MMOFC_MUS2-RD (aluminum oil cap *modified*)
post #30 of 43 Old 10-27-2018, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdicks View Post
Look man I really don't understand what your major issue is. Its not that I haven't listened to you. Is that I took your warnings and I'm deciding to do the build anyway. On top of that, why can't you just be excited that I'm trying to do something cool with the car. Honestly, if you don't want to support it, then stop replying to the thread. It's just demeaning at this point.

post #31 of 43 Old 10-27-2018, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Withenshaw View Post
Personally would have went with a little heavier clutch since you're attempting to go turbo, a stage 1 wont be much of an upgrade in holding power over stock. Also just an FYI, I've also looked at the ATP y pipe when I was first looking into my build and found that multiple members reported issues with it mating to any aftermarket exhaust manifolds/ collectors. Might be worth the nickel to get a custom job made up.
Thanks for the heads up on the atp pipes. I've heard similar things from other people, so I'm probably just gonna build a custom y-pipe, etc. The stage one is temporary while I'm building the kit. I bought a clutchmasters fx300 for after the turbo is installed. That won't be for a long while though.

post #32 of 43 Old 10-27-2018, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Just thought I'd post these too. Some of the stuff I've been working while I waited for the clutch to come in.
Attached Images

post #33 of 43 Old 10-31-2018, 10:37 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
budder6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibbytabby View Post
Look man I really don't understand what your major issue is. Its not that I haven't listened to you. Is that I took your warnings and I'm deciding to do the build anyway. On top of that, why can't you just be excited that I'm trying to do something cool with the car. Honestly, if you don't want to support it, then stop replying to the thread. It's just demeaning at this point.
The guy that has been trying to give you advice has done several builds. been on the this board for YEARS and been through this tons of times. Its called experience. He knows his stuff about the tibb.

As far as the flywheel goes you said you are going to track this on asphalt. Like road racing? If you are I wish I would have gotten here sooner. I have tracked a 04 2.0 5spd for 10 years with NASA Great Lakes and for the last 3 years been a certified instructor for HPDE 1 students. Tracking the Tib especially the v6 is like handling a farmall plow as far as the front end goes. Even the 2.0 shreds front tires. Im running -2.7 degs of camber and a positive toe out on the front and still wear the outsides of tires like crazy.
As far as the lightweight flywheel had one of those for less than a year ended up having engagement problems. The insane heat soak that comes from 20-30 min of track time warped the flywheel friction material.
As far as clutchmasters clutches I went through 3. used 6 puck sprung clutches and they lasted about 6 weekends on track the last one I tried for a whole season and had to drop out at 8 weekends due to serious clutch issues. The clutch was literally coming apart at the center, the metal tearing and springs coming out. The clutch was about to self destruct. So dont have much to say about them stay away from clutchmasters.
Low profile tires what is the tire size? Lower the profile, lower the load rating= poor track performance.
Suspension upgrades done yet? Not a fan of Eibach. They will sell you a product but cant back it up!!!!! After trying to deal with warranty issues for 6-9 months and not getting anywhere except the runaround, I had to abandon the full eibach setup and finally plunged into the world of coilovers. I now have D2 circuit on all 4 corners and LOVE them!
Good luck with the build will be interested in seeing how it goes!
post #34 of 43 Old 11-01-2018, 03:34 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by budder6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibbytabby View Post
The guy that has been trying to give you advice has done several builds. been on the this board for YEARS and been through this tons of times. Its called experience. He knows his stuff about the tibb.

As far as the flywheel goes you said you are going to track this on asphalt. Like road racing? If you are I wish I would have gotten here sooner. I have tracked a 04 2.0 5spd for 10 years with NASA Great Lakes and for the last 3 years been a certified instructor for HPDE 1 students. Tracking the Tib especially the v6 is like handling a farmall plow as far as the front end goes. Even the 2.0 shreds front tires. Im running -2.7 degs of camber and a positive toe out on the front and still wear the outsides of tires like crazy.
As far as the lightweight flywheel had one of those for less than a year ended up having engagement problems. The insane heat soak that comes from 20-30 min of track time warped the flywheel friction material.
As far as clutchmasters clutches I went through 3. used 6 puck sprung clutches and they lasted about 6 weekends on track the last one I tried for a whole season and had to drop out at 8 weekends due to serious clutch issues. The clutch was literally coming apart at the center, the metal tearing and springs coming out. The clutch was about to self destruct. So dont have much to say about them stay away from clutchmasters.
Low profile tires what is the tire size? Lower the profile, lower the load rating= poor track performance.
Suspension upgrades done yet? Not a fan of Eibach. They will sell you a product but cant back it up!!!!! After trying to deal with warranty issues for 6-9 months and not getting anywhere except the runaround, I had to abandon the full eibach setup and finally plunged into the world of coilovers. I now have D2 circuit on all 4 corners and LOVE them!
Good luck with the build will be interested in seeing how it goes!
Hey man thanks for the advice! I actually went with a spec stage one for the clutch. I just got the car all back together and it should be back on the road tomorrow. First time driving it with the new seat, harness, and wheel, so I'm excited!

post #35 of 43 Old 11-01-2018, 03:37 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I'm on a full set of Megan racing coilovers. I've had them for about 10 months and so far I really like them. I also just got stoptech drilled and slotted rotors, pads, and steel braided brake lines. Brand new firehawk Indy 500 tires on all four corners too.

post #36 of 43 Old 11-02-2018, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I drove my car home last night. First time it's moved under its own power in around ten weeks. I was stoked. It's a blast to drive with the bucket seat and wheel. The clutch feels pretty good, but definitely needs a free play adjustment. I'm gonna wait for a while to do anything else so I can recoup some cash and enjoy driving it for a while before its down for another big build.

post #37 of 43 Old 11-10-2018, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Tibby vs. Cold morning. 28 this morning and the car refused to idle steady. Was fluctuating between 700-1100rpm. Don't know if that's an issue, or just the cold. I've been driving the car a while now. I've gotten most of the strange suspension clunk worked out now.

post #38 of 43 Old 11-15-2018, 07:00 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
turbovenom is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage
I have a lower intake i drilled and tapped for the iat relocate if you want it i only did this one to make sure it was all good before putting a hole in my powdervoated one... i was going to post in for sale section but i guess its a country club around here and i need another 20 posts before im fancy folk and can post
post #39 of 43 Old 12-10-2018, 01:37 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
santura is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage

So what's the story with this? Did the car get impounded or did you stop working on it (or start a different thread)? Was interested in seeing the turnout for this actually.
post #40 of 43 Old 03-11-2019, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by santura View Post
So what's the story with this? Did the car get impounded or did you stop working on it (or start a different thread)? Was interested in seeing the turnout for this actually.
HEY EVERYONE! It's been a REALLY long time since I posted an update for my car! It's been running really good! I just did valve cover gaskets on it and upgraded to an aluminum Mishimoto radiator and Mishimoto Silicone hoses. The weather here has been absolute **** the last few weeks and I actually hydroplaned into a hill. I didn't sustain very much damage and have since fixed everything. I've installed A harness bar and started getting the car prepped for painting. I have the duraflex vader style fiberglass bodykit on the way, so I'll be throwing that on it. The end result will be Century White with a House Of Kolor blue pearl midcoat. I've got a ton of pictures of the progress in the last couple months. I'll post those for y'all.
Attached Images

post #41 of 43 Old 03-11-2019, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Garage
(Thread Starter)

some more pictures from my recent work
Attached Images

post #42 of 43 Old 03-11-2019, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Last batch
Attached Images

post #43 of 43 Old 03-11-2019, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Garage
(Thread Starter)

I really have to say that it's been fun taking this car to meets. It's not a super common car, so it gets a lot of attention and looks. When I take it out racing it does fantastic in the corners. If I can, I'll post some of my gopro footage from a few of my runs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
boost, build thread, turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in