Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Kimchi_Rocket is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Fuel tuning / AFR

Hey guys,

I just dyno'd my car a couple days ago on a wet 100-shot. The result was 224whp/233wtq. So I thought "that doesn't sound right. 69whp gain on a 100-shot" (my NA dyno is 155whp). I was expecting more arond 240-245whp. So on the second run and I noticed my my AFR go completely rich (Wideband flashing 10.0) at WOT on the dyno. Now previous to this I ran a 75-shot and at WOT the afr usually sat at around 11. This was my first run with the 100-shot. So I'm sure I'm losing a decent amount of power because I'm running so rich. What's the best fuel tuner I could buy to help keep the afr in check? After looking through the forum I've seen many people recommend the Mafterburner, SAFC2, and FIC6. Although I'm having trouble deciding what is best for my application

Thank you

2004 GT - NX nitrous kit 75-shot, NX RPM/WOT digital switch, Ark 287s 19x9.5 wheels, Ark DT-P coilovers, NGM Stage IV LIM, XG350 brake conversion w/ D+S rotors, NGK Iridium IX plugs/wires (+1 step colder), Wideband AFR gauge, Custom 3-inch Dual exhaust with Hooker Header Aerochamber Mufflers, BDR IAC restrictor plate, Injen Cold Air Intake, 2-seat conversion, Pirelli P-zero Tires, Custom TUSCANI fiberglass sub-box w/ 12-inch P3 RF Punch Subwoofer + JBL amp.

Last edited by Kimchi_Rocket; 05-02-2019 at 05:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-02-2019, 06:43 PM
NewTiburon.com Post Master

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1040 Post(s)
dmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to behold
1) A 100 shot does not mean 100Whp, so the gains you got sound right. 2) Direct port of single fogger? 3) Where is your wideband located and is it only one? 4) You need a tuner that works well with Nitrous so on the cheap end get the FIC.

Huffin E85 and lovin every minute of it!!

Hit me up on gmail chat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 05-02-2019, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I'm aware and never expected 100 at the wheels but rather in the 80-85ish region. After speaking to nitrous express, they also said 69 sounds too low for a 100shot. Right now it is running single nozzle as I have not installed my neztec spacer as of yet. I have a single wideband measuring from bank 1 although I am purchasing a dual wideband soon so I can watch both banks. I will strongly consider your recommendation for the fuel tuning. Thank you

2004 GT - NX nitrous kit 75-shot, NX RPM/WOT digital switch, Ark 287s 19x9.5 wheels, Ark DT-P coilovers, NGM Stage IV LIM, XG350 brake conversion w/ D+S rotors, NGK Iridium IX plugs/wires (+1 step colder), Wideband AFR gauge, Custom 3-inch Dual exhaust with Hooker Header Aerochamber Mufflers, BDR IAC restrictor plate, Injen Cold Air Intake, 2-seat conversion, Pirelli P-zero Tires, Custom TUSCANI fiberglass sub-box w/ 12-inch P3 RF Punch Subwoofer + JBL amp.

post #4 of 8 Old 05-03-2019, 06:21 AM
NewTiburon.com Post Master

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1040 Post(s)
dmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to behold
Typically a N2O shot is rated at crankshaft horsepower but a lot of variables go into getting the most out of a shot. Be aware monitoring only one bank is very dangerous.

Huffin E85 and lovin every minute of it!!

Hit me up on gmail chat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-05-2019, 03:58 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Rushking19
Garage
Re: Fuel tuning / AFR

Getting those headers I told you about should help lol maybe you're not able to get enough air out of the engine because the stock manifolds that's why it's not making the power
post #6 of 8 Old 05-07-2019, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Yeah the headers should make a measurable difference! Im buying them used and the seller is waiting for his stock mani to come in the mail before he ships his DC headers to me. Between that and a fuel tuner I should be getting the most out of my 100 shot.

post #7 of 8 Old 05-10-2019, 03:49 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Young.tib.owner is an unknown quantity at this point
Running a wet shot, you're adding fuel to the nozzle for the nitrous. Are you not able to adjust the amount of fuel added with that instead of changing the cars fueling? Not too familiar with NO2 but I would assume you should be able to adjust that as well.
post #8 of 8 Old 05-12-2019, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Yes! I am able to change the fuel jet size to try and decrease the amount of fuel going through. However I have not yet experimented with this and would need to do it on the dyno! I figured going fuel tuner would be a good idea since I'll be needing bigger injectors soon

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in