post #1 of 30 Old 05-05-2019, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Daniyalkza is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Tps unplugged run better

Hi everyone recently have so much acceleration problem and finally yesterday unplug tps and car accelerate so much better without any problem
I have checked fuel pump pressure
Coils and wires and spark plugs
Changed crankshaft position sensor no change
Checked maf sensor and also unplug it no change
And after all of this unplug tps cure acceleration problem
Could it be real problem? I have no codes or check engine
I am also check tps resistance it was in range
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 05-05-2019, 09:38 AM
Still the same me...

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Charlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud of
Re: Tps unplugged run better

TPS in range is one thing, smooth transition is another. When checking resistance or voltage, watch the reading from one end to the other as you operate it slowly, the value should change smoothly, no jumps or dips. This can mess with the fueling.

Unplugging some sensors can force the ECU to ignore that info and make a best guess.
aveenav likes this.

Wifes car: 2004 Tib GT, 2.7L, 5MT, 193K miles, medium blue, basically stock.
My car: 1998 Legacy GT wagon, 2.5L, 5MT, 176K miles, "Quicksilver", not stock and not slow...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"life is lived, one corner at a time".
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Best NT.com '13 New-Comer, NT.com '13 Technical Advise & Info (runner-up), NT.com '13 Non-Tib (3rd) .
post #3 of 30 Old 05-05-2019, 11:07 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
aveenav will become famous soon enough

have you cleaned the throttle body? there could be carbon deposits in it.

In case you're gonna replace, go with the updated part (OEM of course) for TPS: 3517037100FFF. There was a TSB about it that applied to hyundai/kia 2.7
Link

05 Tib GT v6, 2.7L, 5MT, 140K miles, black, AEM CAI, Mussa Catback exhaust

post #4 of 30 Old 05-05-2019, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)
Thanks from both of you.can you guys tell if its not tps so which sensors could be the problem without throwing any codes?and yes i have cleaned tb recently and thanks again for guide me to buy fff one
post #5 of 30 Old 05-05-2019, 06:24 PM
Still the same me...

Charlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Tps unplugged run better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniyalkza View Post
Thanks from both of you.can you guys tell if its not tps so which sensors could be the problem without throwing any codes?and yes i have cleaned tb recently and thanks again for guide me to buy fff one
Well, you can look at pending codes to see if something is pissing the ECU off but not enough to trip a CEL.

Side note.....as a favor to us....please fill in your location (state or Provence if North America, country if elsewhere) as well as a basic description of your car in your signature. Things like year, model, trans, miles, major mods.
Thanks.

My car: 1998 Legacy GT wagon, 2.5L, 5MT, 176K miles, "Quicksilver", not stock and not slow...

Best NT.com '13 New-Comer, NT.com '13 Technical Advise & Info (runner-up), NT.com '13 Non-Tib (3rd) .
post #6 of 30 Old 05-06-2019, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)
Unfortunately there is no pending code whenever i check this
How can i set those things you mentioned in my profile?
post #7 of 30 Old 05-06-2019, 03:34 AM
Still the same me...

Cool Re: Tps unplugged run better

Quote:
Unfortunately there is no pending code whenever i check this
How can i set those things you mentioned in my profile?
On the upper left of any page, there is a button labeled "user cp" where you can put in your location and set up your signature.

post #8 of 30 Old 05-06-2019, 12:51 PM
NewTiburon.com Post Master

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1040 Post(s)
dmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to behold

Are you sure the TPS connector is correct? The Idle Control Valve and TPS have same connector type. The TPS connector is gray, the other is black.

Huffin E85 and lovin every minute of it!!

Hit me up on gmail chat
post #9 of 30 Old 05-06-2019, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)
Yes the connector is correct and i check tps sensor tonight.the voltage reading was .2 at closed throttle and 4.26 v at wot.its become a nightmare for me. Why unplugging tps make car to run soo much better?
post #10 of 30 Old 05-06-2019, 02:30 PM
Still the same me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
TPS in range is one thing, smooth transition is another. When checking resistance or voltage, watch the reading from one end to the other as you operate it slowly, the value should change smoothly, no jumps or dips. This can mess with the fueling.

Unplugging some sensors can force the ECU to ignore that info and make a best guess.
Quote:
Yes the connector is correct and i check tps sensor tonight.the voltage reading was .2 at closed throttle and 4.26 v at wot.its become a nightmare for me. Why unplugging tps make car to run soo much better?
As I stated before, a sensor "within range" is one thing, smooth data is another.
Soooo......looks like you are looking at voltage. The "ideal" is 0-5VDC.
Reality is more like 0.1-4.9VDC.
Big issue.......when looking at live data, slowly pressing the gas pedal.......does the voltage go smoothly from close to 0 to close to 5?
We are looking for sudden changes if you were to plot a curve on a computer. Glitches messes with the ECU.....so it tries to adapt.
Live OBDII data helps, pull up the TPS voltage and cycle through "no foot to floored and back again".
The voltage should smoothly go up and down....think of a graph......
Jumps......replace part.

post #11 of 30 Old 05-06-2019, 02:32 PM
Still the same me...

A bad part may make the ECU to ignore that data....car runs, but maybe not great.

Andddd.......fill in your dang info.........

post #12 of 30 Old 05-06-2019, 02:45 PM

dmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to behold

The car may appear to run better with the TPS sensor unplugged because that forces the ECU to rely on other sensors to determine engine load but doing so doesn't allow the ECU to optimize the air fuel and spark for other operating conditions like low load cruising conditions or full throttle. The ECU relies on the TPS input voltage to know whether to put the system in closed or open loop.

Hit me up on gmail chat
post #13 of 30 Old 05-06-2019, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for your help
I find cp user but couldn't find any thing else to fill my information i don't know if it's because of Android phone
But about car
Do you mean that maybe tps is faulty? If not could it be oxygen sensor or camshaft position sensor or something else? I am really out of idea after about 6 months of problem and searching every day and night
What's the relative sensors to tps? Because if it's not the problem so unplugging it make ecu ignore some other sensora data i want to know which sensors
post #14 of 30 Old 05-06-2019, 10:57 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
aveenav will become famous soon enough

Here's a video (on a Hyundai Sonata 2.7L v6 which uses same TPS) that shows what Charlie stated about smooth transition in resistance. There could be dead spot or failing TPS. Also check all your grounds.
Youtube link

05 Tib GT v6, 2.7L, 5MT, 140K miles, black, AEM CAI, Mussa Catback exhaust
post #15 of 30 Old 05-07-2019, 04:28 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)
Thanks man i checked video so if it's not the tps so what's the other options?
post #16 of 30 Old 05-07-2019, 06:04 AM

Have you tested the TPS yet?

Hit me up on gmail chat
post #17 of 30 Old 05-07-2019, 06:45 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)
Yes I am. Everything include resistance and also voltage was ok.but car runs soo much better without tps plugged in
post #18 of 30 Old 05-07-2019, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)
So here my live data from o2 sensors
First one after warm up with tps plugged in
https://vimeo.com/334654561

Next one with tps unplugged
https://vimeo.com/334655049

Again plug tps in
https://vimeo.com/334655652

And finally engine off ignition on
https://vimeo.com/334656025
For this situation with engine off ignition on i saw something in manual
https://pasteboard.co/IdB1l6y.jpg
Which is my exact position
So what to do now? What can we know from this? Are mt both o2 sensors are bad?
post #19 of 30 Old 05-07-2019, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)
One more thing is see my engine enter closed loop very soon i think about 160f but i don't know if its going to closed loop before 160f because when i noticed that it was 160
post #20 of 30 Old 05-08-2019, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)
No help here?
post #21 of 30 Old 05-12-2019, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)
Bump again
post #22 of 30 Old 05-13-2019, 02:25 PM

Its possible your coolant temp and/or air temp sensors are going bad.

Hit me up on gmail chat
post #23 of 30 Old 05-14-2019, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)
No it's not coolant temperature sensor because i can see my coolant temperature sensor pid in torque app that works completely normal
post #24 of 30 Old 05-14-2019, 06:36 PM
Still the same me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdicks View Post
Its possible your coolant temp and/or air temp sensors are going bad.
My "test" of a couple temp sensors requires an OBDII scanner with "realtime data". Let the car sit overnight. Then, plug in the scanner in the morning, bring up realtime data, compare ECT, IAT and some others (if you have them) to ambient where the car was sitting.
They should be within a degree or so F.

While doing this check, you can also wiggle connectors while watching the realtime data to see if there is any changes.
Mostly ECT is used for fueling although IAT is also used.

ECT is, engine coolant temperature.
IAT is, intake air temperature.
aveenav likes this.

Last edited by Charlie-III; 05-14-2019 at 10:46 PM.
post #25 of 30 Old 05-15-2019, 04:39 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)
I have checked both ect and iat sensors they work normal.i have noticed that engine goes to closed loop about 5 second after cold start and i don't know why
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in