Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
blake is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Exclamation Raceland Coilovers

https://raceland.com/hyundai-tiburon-coilovers.html

Ill let yall speak for yourselves but does anyone know if these are good coil overs?

The price is unbeatable and it has a few great reviews but I'll trust the forums over anything else!

Thanks yall!
Have a blessed day

Blake Mosher

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 10-03-2018, 03:14 PM
Still the same me...

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2234 Post(s)
Charlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud of
Re: Raceland Coilovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake View Post

Ill let yall speak for yourselves but does anyone know if these are good coil overs?

The price is unbeatable and it has a few great reviews but I'll trust the forums over anything else!

Thanks yall!
Have a blessed day
How soon are you selling car?
What is your goal? (If worn struts, good option is KYB GR-2/Excell)
You buying one set or two? If keeping the car a while, buy two sets, so you have extras WHEN you need to send a blown in for warranty.
BTW, you need an alignment for every swap if you value your tires.

I believe I have posted many times as has dmdicks and others....2 things......

Speed is money, how fast do you want to go?

Cheap, fast, reliable, pick 2.

For the second, I have thought I knew better. I have spent over 40 years trying to disprove this, failed thus far.
I now preach this.

No, not an engineer.
No, not ASE certified.
Yes, wrenching for over 40 years.
Yes, made my mistakes as well as fixing others.

You want free answers, you get opinions for the most part.

Wifes car: 2004 Tib GT, 2.7L, 5MT, 193K miles, medium blue, basically stock.
My car: 1998 Legacy GT wagon, 2.5L, 5MT, 176K miles, "Quicksilver", not stock and not slow...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"life is lived, one corner at a time".

Best NT.com '13 New-Comer, NT.com '13 Technical Advise & Info (runner-up), NT.com '13 Non-Tib (3rd) .

Last edited by Charlie-III; 10-03-2018 at 03:20 PM.
post #3 of 14 Old 10-03-2018, 04:35 PM
Captain Québec

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 949 Post(s)
NewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud of

No, no and no.

I had them and regretted it.

They should come with a tube of anal-ese. See for yourself if you buy them. Be prepared. It hurts where it shouldn't.

Community Voted Best Staff Member Of 2013

2007 GS Sport Charcoal Grey Tiburon -

2002 Stock Elantra - Sold
2008 GS Sport Tidal Wave Blue Tiburon - Actual

post #4 of 14 Old 10-03-2018, 05:35 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
h8isgr8 is a glorious beacon of lighth8isgr8 is a glorious beacon of lighth8isgr8 is a glorious beacon of lighth8isgr8 is a glorious beacon of lighth8isgr8 is a glorious beacon of lighth8isgr8 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewTibOwner2011 View Post
No, no and no.
Don't forget NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO.

Basically, what we're trying to say here is NO.
post #5 of 14 Old 10-03-2018, 06:32 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Heavenswrong is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Thanks yall!
Have a blessed day
Man, you’re all over the place. It sounds like you want to change everything on your car and do it for all for fifty bucks. You’re not listening to everyone that has given you advice on all the threads that you have started. If you go with all the cheapest parts you can find, you’re going to wind up spending much more trying to fix everything that you ruin. Dmdicks has replied to most of your threads explaining that you have to pay to play. Modifying cars properly is extremely expensive. You should decide where you want to start and do hours of research on how to go about it and then save twice as much money as the parts will cost before you go through with anything. There are several threads on this forum about racelands, all bad. There are many other threads about good coilovers as well. Use the search bar and take your time.
post #6 of 14 Old 10-04-2018, 01:12 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
6_cyl_to_kill has a spectacular aura about6_cyl_to_kill has a spectacular aura about

I am going back up everything said above as far as the general quality of Racelands.

That said, you are clearly on a budget which is no bad thing, but let us know what specifically you don’t like about the car and what you would like to change. What’s the goal here? Odds are, there are better ways to achieve your goals available. You just need to know what questions to ask.

Simply put: are you going for
-looks?
-speed?
-comfort?
-reliability?
-other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turn to handling first. Turn up the crazy and rip off the knob...

Contributors: ARK Racing, Ingalls, UltraRacing, YaYa, Energy Suspension, Nolathane Australia, Moog, Stoptech, EBC, TWM, EvoFusion, ASA Wheels, KOYORAD, and of course...good ol' eBay!!!

My build ->
post #7 of 14 Old 10-09-2018, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
blake is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage
(Thread Starter)

Haha I Understand!

Im going to let this be clear just so everyone knows

The reason I am "all over the place" is cause im simply just a new guy in the car world. However with that said Im also a broke a$$ teenager so spending so much on a car is a little unreasonable especially going into college. i do work and all, but I definitely dont receive handouts.

So, yes im all over the place from super/turbo to coilovers etc. Yes I dont really know what im talking about I am aware.

Just asking questions and looking for answers.

Blake Mosher

post #8 of 14 Old 10-09-2018, 01:02 PM
Still the same me...

Charlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud of

Quote:
Haha I Understand!

The reason I am "all over the place" is cause im simply just a new guy in the car world. However with that said Im also a broke a$$ teenager so spending so much on a car is a little unreasonable especially going into college. i do work and all, but I definitely dont receive handouts.

So, yes im all over the place from super/turbo to coilovers etc. Yes I dont really know what im talking about I am aware.

Fine, most of us have been there as well at some point (me, many decades ago, others, maybe a year or so ago).

Cover maintenance, do tires if old or worn, get it RELIABLE, drive it, plan on upgrades.

Things like big power increase is not only expensive up front, but reduces reliability. So you get hit twice.

My car: 1998 Legacy GT wagon, 2.5L, 5MT, 176K miles, "Quicksilver", not stock and not slow...

Best NT.com '13 New-Comer, NT.com '13 Technical Advise & Info (runner-up), NT.com '13 Non-Tib (3rd) .
post #9 of 14 Old 10-10-2018, 07:03 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
M.Kyle is just really niceM.Kyle is just really niceM.Kyle is just really nice

Meh, I'm fine with my Racelands, lol!
post #10 of 14 Old 10-10-2018, 10:45 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Tiburonasaurus is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Haha I Understand!

I like your honesty, but I gotta +1 on what Charlie said. Make sure you cover the basics before you start modding. You could dump a bunch of time and money into race suspension and a forced induction system and blow up your engine because you didn't do your timing belt.

04 GT 2.7l v6 6speed MT
Short ram intake and spectre filter
1 gauge battery ground cable
about 70k on motor 210k on chassis
post #11 of 14 Old 10-11-2018, 02:40 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
joe_clark is an unknown quantity at this point

If you just want to lower your car on the cheap then racelands are ok. I mean its also somewhat of a luck of the draw, you might get lucky and they might last a while but they almost certainly wont. I have no experience with them on a Tib but a buddy of mine had them on his MK4 Jetta for about 10k miles and didn't have any issues. That being said he sold the car after 10k miles so who knows how long after that they lasted. Also I cant stress enough that when you lower it your gonna need an alignment, especially on the front. I lowered my car and it had enough tow in to use up a set of budget 600 tread wear tires in about 2500 miles, they should have lasted at least 45k.

IMO it really comes down to how much you care about the car. If one of your coils fails and puts your car out of commission until you can get it fixed is that the end of the world for you or not? Also if/when they fail they might mess up your car pretty bad, if you cant handle that then don't buy them and go with something more expensive that will last.

suh dude
post #12 of 14 Old 04-24-2019, 09:06 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Dustin Plays is an unknown quantity at this point
I have raceland coil overs in my tib, tbh they are a budget suspension. The ride is a little rough but they have held up pretty well so far. I’ve had them for about 4 months so far and not to bad. If you have the money I would recommend getting something a little better. If your on a budget then go for it. Raceland claims they have lifetime warranty on their coilovers so we will see what they do if mine break.
post #13 of 14 Old 05-14-2019, 12:37 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Tibguru03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Buy tein springs you won't regret it
Attached Images

post #14 of 14 Old 05-14-2019, 06:56 PM
Still the same me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Plays View Post
I have raceland coil overs in my tib, tbh they are a budget suspension. The ride is a little rough but they have held up pretty well so far. I’ve had them for about 4 months so far and not to bad. If you have the money I would recommend getting something a little better. If your on a budget then go for it. Raceland claims they have lifetime warranty on their coilovers so we will see what they do if mine break.
I personally know several peeps with Racelands.
Most have had at least one fail.
Yes, they were warranteed.
Issue is, you need to remove the failed unit (car is down), ship back, get agreement, get replacement, install, realign. Time car down, could be close to a month plus the alignment cost.
Can you deal with that?
I have sometimes suggested getting 2 sets. This allows a swap and alignment while going through warranty, thus, limited downtime.
Then again, 2 sets starts getting in the range of something decent.

If your current suspension is shot and you are selling soon, the next buyer may think Racelands are worth extra money. I don't.

A decent replacement strut is the KYB GR-2/Excel with either stock or mild drop springs. A bit better than new OEM for a reasonable price.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in