Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

101 - 120 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re: DIY: 2003-2004 Mesh Grill

Can Anyone let me know where I could get some of the gutter guard stuff? I checked home depot today and no luck .. I live in Vancouver Canada if that helps lol Thanks!

·
Dedication to Thai Cuisine
7,688 Posts

any other home improvement store should have it... or get it online. Or perhaps canadians don't have gutters?

·
Registered
16 Posts

Found a Peice of the gutter guard but When i went to take the stock grill off by removing all the screws and tabs in the pictures it does not seem to move. Am i missing screws that I have to remove? Thanks guys

·
Registered
8 Posts

paint it with black Rustoleum it will look better and will never rust. id put like 3-5 coats on pretty lightly.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #110

just came in to fix pictures...sold my tib last year and cleaned up my photobucket account, accidentally breaking most of my diys. should be fixed now:3_bier:cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts

Awesome idea went out and did it to mine asap thanks !

·
Registered
58 Posts

When doing the mesh on the bumper where would I tie it to hold it on? This is my project for the next day or two

·
Registered
306 Posts
I figured I should add an installed pic too. I shot it with some metallic bronze to match the MB Weapons I'm waiting for tires for. I'll be doing the lower one the same way and am thinking about offering up some brand new upper and lower F/L grilles pre-done for others either in the bare aluminum, or painted. I found out that the 03-06 upper grilles are the same too.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I finally got around to doing the lower, and boy what a pain in the butt that one is to re-install!
Before - ugly, ugly, ugly:

Mesh on, and spaces cut for the tabs:

Paint that ish, son!

Money shot! Boom!

I painted the mesh part of my gills bronze too:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Im going to do this soon too! I want to color match the mesh to my future rims and perhaps also do the gills. My tib is Carbon Blue, thinking of gumetal for the grille, rims, etc. Still undecided. Contemplating white too, but I think it might be too bright in contrast with the dark blue.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Im going to do this soon too! I want to color match the mesh to my future rims and perhaps also do the gills. My tib is Carbon Blue, thinking of gumetal for the grille, rims, etc. Still undecided. Contemplating white too, but I think it might be too bright in contrast with the dark blue.
That's what I did, I matched my grilles and gill mesh to my wheels. Gunmetal or dark gray would look great on a carbon blue tib, imo. Let me know if you need some pointers on wrapping the mesh on your grilles, it can be kind of a pain. Once I hit 100 posts, I may start selling them pre-wrapped. :)

101 - 120 of 127 Posts