Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Hyundai Tiburon gt V6 and I'm looking at the DC sports catback exhaust system for it- on the DC sports website it says the exhaust will fit 2003-2013 tiburons (which is weird because they stopped production in 2008) but anyways that was fine. However, I then went on a resellers site (tdot performance) and it says the exact same exhaust (at least I think it's the same exhaust, it looks the same and has the same code/number) only fits 2003-2005 tiburons? I also messaged them and they said it won't it my 2008. I have a feeling they just don't know but I really want to buy this exhaust system. What I really need to know is if the 03-06 exhaust is the exact same as the 07-08 exhaust because if so, I can just get the dc sports one I want, no matter what year it says it fits. I just want to know if there's any difference- sorry if this doesn't make much sense it is so hard to word haha

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
718 Posts
The flange is rotated a different angle in 2007-2008 so no they won't bolt up. They will need some modification by an exhaust shop or a fabricator.

Reactions: ellacorrry

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The flange is rotated a different angle in 2007-2008 so no they won't bolt up. They will need some modification by an exhaust shop or a fabricator.
oh alright thank you so much- I just read another forum last night and someone said the only difference between the 03-06 and 07-08 is the hangers. ah that's so unfortunate, do you know how much it would cost to get the flange done?

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I Think that's i4 vs v6 I think the 2003 to 2007 exhaust is the same as far as I know
I think you're right (03 to 08 V6 the same). I have aftermarket manifolds on my 07 that stated they were for 03 to 06 and they fit fine. Although the catback was previously changed so unless it was altered to fit the headers that were previously on my car I think they're the same.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you're right (03 to 08 V6 the same). I have aftermarket manifolds on my 07 that stated they were for 03 to 06 and they fit fine. Although the catback was previously changed so unless it was altered to fit the headers that were previously on my car I think they're the same.
Ohh okay so you think as long as the exhaust is for a V6 and I have a V6 it should probably fit alright?

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Ohh okay so you think as long as the exhaust is for a V6 and I have a V6 it should probably fit alright?
Yes.

If not and the flange has to be changed it's not a big deal for any exhaust shop. They just cut it off, rotate it correctly, and weld it back on. I wouldn't think they'd charge more than $50 to do it, possibly less.

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
718 Posts
Sorry if that was incorrect on my part. Only reason I say the flange is different is because sites like ssautochrome.com sold two sets of headers. One set for 2003-2006 and another set for 2007-2008 making them seem different. Most of the time that didn't matter because most FL2 owners bought headers and catbacks from the earlier models anyways.

Reactions: ellacorrry

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry if that was incorrect on my part. Only reason I say the flange is different is because sites like ssautochrome.com sold two sets of headers. One set for 2003-2006 and another set for 2007-2008 making them seem different. Most of the time that didn't matter because most FL2 owners bought headers and catbacks from the earlier models anyways.
oh yea that makes sense so both sets of headers were the same?

·
Registered
359 Posts
All 03-08 V6 exhausts are the same (except the tips design).
Same for the 2.0L exhaust from 03-08.

The difference between the 2.0 and 2.7 is that the exhaust flange is at a different angle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All 03-08 V6 exhausts are the same (except the tips design).
Same for the 2.0L exhaust from 03-08.

The difference between the 2.0 and 2.7 is that the exhaust flange is at a different angle.
alright that helps so much thanks guys im going to go buy that exhaust then I appreciate it a lot

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2008 Hyundai Tiburon gt V6 and I'm looking at the DC sports catback exhaust system for it- on the DC sports website it says the exhaust will fit 2003-2013 tiburons (which is weird because they stopped production in 2008) but anyways that was fine. However, I then went on a resellers site (tdot performance) and it says the exact same exhaust (at least I think it's the same exhaust, it looks the same and has the same code/number) only fits 2003-2005 tiburons? I also messaged them and they said it won't it my 2008. I have a feeling they just don't know but I really want to buy this exhaust system. What I really need to know is if the 03-06 exhaust is the exact same as the 07-08 exhaust because if so, I can just get the dc sports one I want, no matter what year it says it fits. I just want to know if there's any difference- sorry if this doesn't make much sense it is so hard to word haha
Oh yeah u completely stuck on that type . Go check this out at Rich’s muffler shop in central point ore he has a web site on as well and you will be able here and see the work he did on a 08 v-6 and how it sounds among many others as well . Street demo. Exhaust sounds hella good I know this first hand it’s my car he did it on . And I have parts put up for sale as well cool

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
where is that?? cause I
Oh yeah u completely stuck on that type . Go check this out at Rich’s muffler shop in central point ore he has a web site on as well and you will be able here and see the work he did on a 08 v-6 and how it sounds among many others as well . Street demo. Exhaust sounds hella good I know this first hand it’s my car he did it on . And I have parts put up for sale as well cool
where is that?? cause I live in alberta 🤣 What are you saying to check out?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts