Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I just ordered a Pioneer AVIC-D2 along with the XM NavTraffic receiver and iPod linkage hardware. I will be replacing a Nuvi, Roady XT, and iPod cigerette lighter adaptor which currently uses the tapedeck.

I'm confused because Crutchfield says the AVIC-D2 fits in the '03 Tiburon. But Circuit City and BestBuy both say it will not fit in my car. What is the real answer?

Additionally, how easy is the install? I'm debating having Circuit City install the unit for me for ~$150. I already have a Parrott Bluetooth unit drawing power off the positve line going into the radio which will probably need to be rerouted to pull power from another source once the AVIC-D2 is installed. (As a side note, the installers who put the Parrot in hardwired the device instead of using a wiring harness. They hooked up the ground to the ground coming out of the radio instead of a metal ground behind the dash. Could this be causing some clicking in the right front speaker when the Parrot unit is in a call and attempting to mute the audio from the radio?).

Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Well If cc said that it will not fit...then I wouln't take it to them. You shouldn't have much of a problem hooking up the d2. You could always try and if you can't take it to someone. I believe the pioneer will have a mute wire option. I've never installed a parrot so I don't know how it mutes the radio. It may just be an effect of the parrot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm a bit confused. I've read a few threads stating that the '03 GT with the Infinity system actually has a amp. But when I've taken out the head unit in the past to fix the faulty hard-wiring job, there are speaker wires for each of the speakers coming out of the head unit. If there really was an amp, wouldn't the head unit just have a left and a right out headed into the amp instead of each individual speaker headed out to the amp?

·
Registered
437 Posts
dperovic said:
I'm a bit confused. I've read a few threads stating that the '03 GT with the Infinity system actually has a amp. But when I've taken out the head unit in the past to fix the faulty hard-wiring job, there are speaker wires for each of the speakers coming out of the head unit. If there really was an amp, wouldn't the head unit just have a left and a right out headed into the amp instead of each individual speaker headed out to the amp?
no. You need wires to all speakers for balance and fader.

·
Registered
42 Posts
ha i thought about that to when i was puttin my new radio in then im like oh ya cant adjust the speakers threw the amp....stupid happens...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts