Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Probably only about 30 pounds here...not gonna miss the floor pads after 20 years they are so stained the regular floor looks better lol. Then got the padding from under the hood and one of the last remaining plastic covers from under the hood.

Road surface Asphalt Grey Automotive tire Tar

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Took some more stuff off. But done taking anything off the interior at this point. I don't mind the trunk looking a bit gutted since it was thrashed anyways after 20 years of beatings. But not touching anything up front or inside for that matter anymore.

Some clips leftover in the engine bay that was holding plastic on. Probably 30 pounds of crud total between the clips, plastic cover, screws, etc covers not a large amount

Working on some engine stuff will update soon...

Wood Soil Concrete Metal Automotive tire

Grass Glove Electric blue Tints and shades Fashion accessory

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Well this stuff besides the turning knob I've never used or that extra knob to fold down seat when there is another is mostly from inside the door.

Maybe 3 pounds, which Brian's fatf konig adjustables saved him 2 pounds so obviously gonna have a 9 second car here.

I'm seeing a common theme here that probably is why the interior is so heavy...4-5 screws or bolts holding stuff on that only needed 2 lol.

For example I was taking off the glovebox to get to the ecu. There were two 10mm bolts on each side holding the thing the glovebox slips on to kinda like an extra support Incase the 6 screws you put in fail (I guess). Took those off and the thing would not budge at all and had nothing else holding it on so what was the point of the two bolts lol?

Wood Bumper Gadget Gas Automotive exterior

·
Registered
707 Posts
I mean technically you can dump the passenger seat and seat belt, the rear seat belt assemblies since the seats are out anyways. Dont forget the carpet.

The speakers all have heavy magnets on them. Can dump the door panels and the speakers. The radio is useless too. Probably looking at 100 lbs or more after all that.

The dash is cosmetic. You can dump the entire dash, and just mount the cluster. Can dump the center console while you are at it.

While the dash is out, you can dump the hvac box. The blower motor, heater core, and evaporator core is only extra weight. Dont forget to loop your heater hoses.

Actually, now that i think about it, the hood, bumper covers, fenders, and rocker panels are not technically required by most laws. You merely only need to have functioning lights, and the bumper reinforcements attached.

The sunroof is useless weight. You can dump that and glue in some lexan from lowes.

If you have an 03, you probably have a rear wiper. You can dump that too.

Pretty sure you can still get a carbon fiber hatch from some people on the facebook group somewhere.

Since the a/c is gone, you can dump the compressor, and the power steering, have some brackets made so you can still run the pullies.

Pick you up an antigravity battery and that'll save you another 40 lbs.

Oh and some light weight wheels!

Thats all gotta be what... 400-500 lbs? You free up about 1hp per 10 lbs..... so thats 40-50hp! By golly you'll have the fastest NA tiburon in the states my man

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Breechan had the lightest tib that someone actually bothered to weigh and it was 2635 pounds with everything gone.

I'm trying to stay in the happy medium I'll take the 2.85k car to keep spare, jack and stuff I actually care about in the interior.

2800 is still very light compared to a lot of new cars. I.e hellcat weights 4500 pounds lol. Definitely a lot more comfort but still.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Lightest gk tiburon I've seen is 2400 or so full race car with cage. But with basic weight reduction 2800 to high 2700 isn't too impossible.
Right and that last 300-400 pounds is really cutting into the interior and other stuff that would be an eye sore as a daily driver. So I'm just searching for the happy medium here.

I think what really helps too is not slapping a bunch of heavy crud on the car as well like a huge wing. Extra fake hood scoops and other stuff that just increases drag and weight of the car.

Some people want a nice Tiburon I just want a fast one. 230-240 at the wheels with maybe a 75 dry shot will be enough to win some half decent races vs much heavier v8s.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
So just boring update. I'm going to get some needed maint done like trans flush. Suspension and brakes need redone.

She was clicking pretty bad I put some Castrol 5-30 in and it got quiet so that was good.

Been doing heavy pulls and such on it the ecu is wonderful. In the middle of moving so money is pretty tight in these times also with the cold coming not many performance mods gonna get done MAYBE the throttle body and I'll at leave aquire some cams.

101 - 110 of 110 Posts