Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to send my new H/L's to paint for the bezels to be painted, but I am thinking of painting the entire H/L bezel, including the chrome part for the blinker. I am trying to see if anyone has done this and if so a pic of it done? Doesn't have to be silver (would be nice so I can see what it would look like), but completely painted is what I am after. I have seen plenty of pics of just the black bezel painted (my original intention), and then I saw someone's F/L H/L's painted completely and started to think that might look good on my style as well. I did some searching, but nothing came up with what I wanted, but I am known for being handi-search cabable sometimes! L8R

· Registered
2,182 Posts
that would look really good...i've seen a couple around here that have painted everything in the headlight minus the projectors and clear plastic casing. It would look really neat.

· Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what I am thinking, but I would keep my chrome rings and all of that, a picture would really help me do it, because if I do it, it will be like that and not be able to add the chrome back!

· Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it would, but then my A/E's would stand out to much to me! Maybe a photoshop master can whip up a couple of quick renderings and I can just go by them. I still think my chromes would go better, but you never know. Now, if I could get them wrapped in CF, and the N1 CF hood to go with it, that would be awesome!

· Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess no one has done this yet? Can anyone do a quick chop to give me an idea on what it will look like. I am taking them to paint Saturday or the following Monday, so I am running out of time. I am thinking of just the black bezels, but if photochop can be done, I may do the whole thing! L8R

· Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, thanks! Now I just have to decide! But I am just thinking of leaving them chrome, that way there is something to go along with the rings!

· Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, that would be awesome, but more money than I have to spend right now. I need to get all of my projects done by the end of Feb. NOPI nats is the second weekend of March, and I have about three projects going that need to be finished. Plus, it would be the only CF thing I have, and I don't think that would look good, now if I could get the hood Italia has going for a groupbuy right now, then I would be more willing, but I don't so I won't!

· Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That actually looks pretty good, I just think my turn signal will not be as bright, because right now you can tell when I am turning from the next town!:3_winkthu I like the idea of all black with silver rings, I think that might work as well. Got another ? while I am at it, are you suppose to clearcoat the paint too, or just shot the paint no clear!?!

· Registered
1,662 Posts
Oh, and some people say clearcoat, some say don't. If you do enought coats you don't really need it. Some people don't like it because then you've got the glossy bezels and the gloss of the actual headlight and it's distracting.

You also need to consider gloss black vs. flat black.

· Registered
5,667 Posts
Oh, and some people say clearcoat, some say don't. If you do enought coats you don't really need it. Some people don't like it because then you've got the glossy bezels and the gloss of the actual headlight and it's distracting.

You also need to consider gloss black vs. flat black.
What would you suggest?

· Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So with the silver, just shoot a whole lot of paint and do not clear it?

· Registered
2,366 Posts
id go with the silver h/l and c/f rings!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.