Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day my sun roof completely stopped working. Its has always worked fine always a smooth consistent open and close. checked fuse and its good. I thought maybe the switch or motor died pulled the switch down and checked connections its getting power checked the circuits they look fine. put it back in that night I found how to re calibrate it by holding the up and open switches while turning the car to on position. when I did this the sun roof opened up but still wont close or open normally.
I've been talking to a couple guys who are techs that i know and they're saying that usually they have found motors to always be the issue with sun roofs. as far as i know its the original motor which if im not mistaken hyundai came out with a revised motor a couple years later. and I would need the motor plus the controller, how do I tell if its the revised one or original from the factory? Is there anything else that I could check that could be the culprit?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Had a similar issue in my tib, sunroof would jitter and sometimes not move. Check the forums for a sunroof switch fix, it's under the DIY section. The copper connections get corroded easily on tibs. If that doesn't fix the issue then what you could do is stick a multi meter into where the motor connector is, if the voltage looks fine then it's the motor.

Not sure how to tell if it's an original or revised one though. Good luck!

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i found the switch fix but I have an older switch that you can't get the actual switch circuit board out I did clean all the metal circuits that connected every thing together and I visually checked the the switch circuit boards to make sure all the solder joints looked good and nothing had burned up. how would I go about checking the controller to rule out that or does it all come as a set if I need a new motor? my knowledge of electrical systems is minimal. also does anyone know if the sun roof motor is the same as the window motors in the doors?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I included an image of where the sunroof motor and controller are on the tibbies. Same idea for testing the motor, stick a multi meter onto the pins and make sure the voltage is correct, then move to the motor.

·
Registered
82 Posts
That's the DIY switch fix I told him to research. I had to redo that DIY 3 times because of how fast it gets gunked up. I suggest putting dielectric grease on the copper to prevent water from destroying it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts