Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

I just picked up an 03 tiburon se, and just wanted to know if there is a way to turn on a chirp or a horn beep of some sort when locking the car (and setting the alarm) with the remote. It's all stock parts. Right now when you push the lock button the lights just flash, wanted a lil more of a confirmation than that.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
It's been discussed before, but I think it depends on what year you have. As for mine, I have an 05 GT and I have to press my lock button twice for it to beep. The dealership tells me that's to set the alarm, and pressing it once only locks it. Try that. Some others on here said that they only have to press theirs once and its automatic. Might be a way to switch the setting to either one.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
didn't find the exact one where this was discussed, but I just read another post where some guys said they have to press it three times before it beeps.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
yea.. i have an 06 SE and i gotta press the lock button more then once to set the alarm.. the horn goes beep once... just pressin the button once only locks the doors

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I have an '05 SE and one press flashes the lights, two gives a little beep of the horn. My understanding is that if you press it once and the lights flash, the alarm is armed. The beep is just for confirmation.

For example, if your trunk is ajar, pressing once won't flash the lights because the alarm can't be armed unless the doors, hatch, and hood are all latched (since opening any one of them without the remote or the key will set off the alarm).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm, i tried the double press...didn't work :(
any more ideas

I have an '05 SE and one press flashes the lights, two gives a little beep of the horn. My understanding is that if you press it once and the lights flash, the alarm is armed. The beep is just for confirmation.

For example, if your trunk is ajar, pressing once won't flash the lights because the alarm can't be armed unless the doors, hatch, and hood are all latched (since opening any one of them without the remote or the key will set off the alarm).

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Probably can't do it then. If you want to check that it's armed, sit inside your car, press the lock button (watch for the lights to flash) then unlock your door and open it (with your hand, not the remote). The alarm should go off. If it does, then just watch for the lights to flash every time you lock it, and you should be good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts