Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah i posted this thread to see if anyone can help me out!!!
my tiburon is a 2003 gt 2.7 litre v6. it has a stage 2 alpine supercharger with a smaller 8psi pulley and 310cc injectors along with an upgraded 255lph walbro fuel pump. it was dynoed at 243.29whp and torque was at 220.32.

i was drivind down the road and i heard a slight boom under my hood! i pulled over and shut the whip off asap. i looked under the hood to discover the oem crank pulley's outer ring flew off of the hub it was attached to with a rubber seal. the factory told me its desighned to do that the rubber seal is made to absorb some torque. but my torque is significantly more then stock. anyone else had this prob? or does anyone have suggestions where to get a cheap but good replacement pulley. i want a solid pulley aftermarket it doesnt have to be for more power but just for more reliability purpose. thanks everyone!

here is my cardomain if your curious bout my whip.: P
cardomani.com/ride/2452465

· Registered
362 Posts
Check our sponsors pages, I know a few of them make crank pulleys. I know Nxtgen makes em, Kspec does and I think speedfreak does as well. Im sure more do as well. however there going to be pricey. Your other option is to get a oem crank pulley.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey everyone me again. i found the problem. i just had the whip dynoed at new england dyno and tuning in douglas massachusetts. they installed my new 8psi pulley backwards and the alighnment was off a 1/4". the result was the torque tearing off my lower crank pulley. and just today after paying the hyundai dealership $499.13 to install a new crank pulley,timing belts,and tensioner, i installed my new electric boost gauge by autometer and was testing it out when i heard a pinging noise under my hood. my belt was shredded. they installed it backwards and it f**cked up everything!!!! so it is newly timed and tomorrow im switch the pulley around and the dyno shop should buy me a new belt at the least. after all the damage they caused!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.