Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving my 04 shiftronic V6 home the other day and going from 2nd to 3rd in drive, it slammed into third so hard my factory CD player skipped. It has just gotten worse since then. I am taking it in on the 27th. Has anyone else had this problem? What can i expect from the dealership? How big of a pain in the *ss should I expect?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,846 Posts
haha. have fun and good luck. it must have jerked hard if it made your CD skip. not sure whats wrong but gl with the waranty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
907 Posts
van16 said:
So I was driving my 04 shiftronic V6 home the other day and going from 2nd to 3rd in drive, it slammed into third so hard my factory CD player skipped. It has just gotten worse since then. I am taking it in on the 27th. Has anyone else had this problem? What can i expect from the dealership? How big of a pain in the *ss should I expect?
sounds like it could be your TCM it happened to mine you could take it to the dealer and tell them to check it..mine was fixed no charge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tooblue said:
sounds like it could be your TCM it happened to mine you could take it to the dealer and tell them to check it..mine was fixed no charge.
I couldn't get an appointment until after christmas, so she is going in on the 27th. I hope your right. Needing a new tranny at only 25k does not bode well for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
907 Posts
van16 said:
I couldn't get an appointment until after christmas, so she is going in on the 27th. I hope your right. Needing a new tranny at only 25k does not bode well for me.
well if its doing a rev rev thing too between 2nd and 3rd and slamming hard should be it. they should just reflash it good luck .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tooblue said:
well if its doing a rev rev thing too between 2nd and 3rd and slamming hard should be it. they should just reflash it good luck .
The thing that worries me is it did it between 3rd and 4th today. It happened the first time two days ago, and it is getting worse fast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
As for me my CD player, it skips whenever I hit even light bumps. Such a headche. As for you, better take it to the dealer soon and have them diagnose it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Mine had the same problem, 05 Auto GT.. They had to order a whole new tranny at only 13k, but the new one has been great , no problems since. The only pain in the *ss you're gunna see is a 2-week wait before you get to drive your baby again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
is there anything we auto guys can do to make the car shift faster?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,031 Posts
Supposely a torque convertor will because its lighter than the stock convertor, so it acs like how a lightweight flywheel would for a manual.

Other than that, wait for TC's standalone unit or spend 4k and get a beefed up tranny like tibby03. Next time just make a new thread also
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
mine started doing it in 2-3 gear shifts too ... except mine is turbo so it REALLY thumps ... and im sure they arent going to warranty me a tranny =((((((((((((((((((((((
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
837 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,524 Posts
mine does it on my I4 automatic 2004. i have custom cat back exhaust/ cat converter + cai, i have about 52k miles now, .. im going to do a fluid flush & refill in my car and see if that helps.
i hate the dealership!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,198 Posts
im getting a second new tranny. im pissed right now. second tranny in two years. i knew i should went with a manual car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
I find it interesting how many auto issues you guys are having. I wonder why santa fe owners dont seem to have many issues and yet the tib with the same tranny does.

I own an elantra and that thump you are talking about on the beta auto..... Is because of the fluid level. The beta auto tranny is a really good unit. HOwever if the level is not perfect at full temp in N it will flare.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top