Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
04 Tib GT limited 6 speed shifter moving hard

My 2004 Tib Gt Special Edition 6 Speed just started shifting hard only into the back side of the shift pattern.

When I move the stick past the neutral position to any even numbered gear position(2nd,4th,6th) including reverse the stick feels stiff. It does not get stiff until I pass the neutral position. All the shifts on the front side of neutral feel fine.

Any Ideas?

From what I can tell nouthing looks wrong.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
love it how newbs write the exact car, with exact tranny, with exact build, maybe even exact engine number...

lol i used to do it too...

Might be normal wear. Mines done it for over a year and nothings wrong with it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Zaion said:
love it how newbs write the exact car, with exact tranny, with exact build, maybe even exact engine number...

lol i used to do it too...

Might be normal wear. Mines done it for over a year and nothings wrong with it
Glad to se you know every thing about every car without knowing what it is. Different year cars have same options with different manufacturers that work different. I gess you are one of those guys that ordred the wrong light wieght flywheel because you didnt know they were different for different years.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
nclilduke said:
Glad to se you know every thing about every car without knowing what it is. Different year cars have same options with different manufacturers that work different. I gess you are one of those guys that ordred the wrong light wieght flywheel because you didnt know they were different for different years.
not really

there are only two flywheels so... meh. Its actually not worth it...

If you havnt done any mods take it through warranty

·
Registered
158 Posts
Re: 04 Tib GT limited 6 speed shifter moving hard

nclilduke said:
My 2004 Tib Gt limited
No such model as far as I know. In 2004 there was only the base (4cyl), the Gt and the Gt special edition. The limited model did not come out til '05.

·
NT's Medical Student
1,120 Posts
Get some redline MT-90 gear oil online and change your gear oil. You will need 3 quarts of the oil. It's amazing gear oil and it's designed for our tibs synchros. Do it now. amazon.com auto section sells them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts