Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how easy is it to install 05/06 gills on an 04. can it even be done. i'm sure i read about it some places but i'm not sure and the search button didn't help at all. also where's the best place to get 05 gills.

while im' at it...i clear cornered my turn signals and i guess i didn't seal it well enough and my left lamp fogs up when i wash it or it rains...is there anything i can do to it aside from taking it apart and resealing it? thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
GT-SE Kid said:
how easy is it to install 05/06 gills on an 04. can it even be done. i'm sure i read about it some places but i'm not sure and the search button didn't help at all. also where's the best place to get 05 gills.

while im' at it...i clear cornered my turn signals and i guess i didn't seal it well enough and my left lamp fogs up when i wash it or it rains...is there anything i can do to it aside from taking it apart and resealing it? thanks in advance
Easy Peasy. Turn your wheel and unscrew the inner fenderwell enough to bend it out of the way. Stick your hands in to feel where the tabs holding the gill on. Take pliers and squeeze them. Take your other hand and pull the gill away from the fender. Keep holding it because if you let go- it will snap back in place. Replace with 05 gills. (I liek the 03's better)

As far as the headlights- take out a bulb and stick it in a box with a dehumidifier. You might have just gotten condensation in it when you took them apart. If it fogs again- reseal it. If you questioning it, just reseal it. Add some extra rtv and squeeze tight with your little brother. :)

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
To get the condensation out you can also just take both rear caps off and use a blow dryer, blowing in one hole so the air can escape the other hole. That will get rid of the condensation pretty quick. Then re-seal with some extra silicone around the edges.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks a lot guys i think i'm going to try the 05's to see how i like them..i have a feeling ill switch back but that's just how i am...any good sites to get them from?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts