Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now before the flaming starts I just wanna say, yes I searched and found all the info I need to do this job... I think. The front bumper, fog lights, fog light brackets and lower grille are all self explanatory because they are all different pieces. However, I just have a few questions about the other parts. What are the fog blank cover left and right? Is that the black surround that goes around the fog lights? What are the stay front bumper left and right? Is the upper grille the same on an 04? If so that saves me 10 bucks. These are just a couple of simple answer that I didn't find while searching for all the part numbers I need, yes I did look. No I did not look for an exploded view of the front end of the car, so yes you can flame me about that.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nothing? Hmmm

·
Banned
60 Posts
You need.
05-06 Bumper cover, upper/lower grill, fog light cover, fog lights.

Helpful for good fitment.
05-06 driver and passenger fender liners
05-06 bumper foam absorber

It can be done without the above, but it makes it look more OEM and easier to install without tweaking.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
i've done this to my 03
upper is different people have said they made the 03 upper work but for it to look oem buy an 05 (dif grille pattern) and the 03 foam works like a charm. other than that, what WHOOTY said.

·
Registered
782 Posts
You can go without the foam and still not have many problems with fitment. When I traded my 03-04 front for Italiatib's F/L, his didn't come with the bumper foam. Be SURE to have 05-06 front fender liners. The bottom portion of the 03-04s do NOT line up. If unable to, you have to resort to drilling few holes on the stock fender liner and use zip ties to secure them in place.

Another thing, the mounting tabs under the headlights will not line up as well. This will also require drilling holes to line up with the frame mounts.

·
Banned
1,952 Posts
fog light covers are the black plastic that covers the holes in your bumper and surround the foglight. You can consider it like the bezel to the foglight.

03-04 grille does not sit perfect with the FL bumper. $10 is worth making it look right. Plus the FL grille looks better anyways.

·
Registered
427 Posts
bumping a 2 year old thread, not the best move on your part.
searching for your answer is your best bet. google works great these days!
theres tons of online auto part stores like the banner that is often on the top of the newtib page like Rock Auto.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just wanted to double check, for this conversion do all the underlying '03/'04 reinforcement parts work with the '05/'06 cover or do I need to replace all that stuff as well. Sorry if it's already been covered, but I'm still not terribly clear on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.